Thursday, February 20, 2014

Homecoming

That's what I'll call it,

she's finally home!

Homecoming



ABCD by La D Da began it's journey around the world about 2 1/2 years ago.  A big thanks to Jennifer for organizing it.  We thought we had lost it part way through it's journey to a pokey Pony Express error but it was found and set back on the path to Kentucky USA.

As I paged through the journal I was amazed at all the different styles and tastes this one simple pattern could bring out of all the talented stitchers! Some stitched their initials or their loved ones initials in a different color. I found the levels of creativity astounding, so many colors of thread and so many choices of linens. Each one is beautiful.  Each one has a story and each one will be a forever memory for me as I see myself thumbing through this journal through the years. 

 There was a total of 18 participants.  Masterchief hovered over my shoulder with the camera while I thumbed through the pages. Here are some random pics.......


Jennifer used Belle Soie silks for hers. Beautiful!

Patty used Belle Soie Sister Scarlet and CC Whatley Woods
on 40 count linen. 

Love these colors Myra! 28 ct. raspberry chocolate linen with
Belle Soie Bahama Breeze and Icing. 

Catherine added the year to hers on 32 count Antique Gold linen
with GAST Brick Path and Forest Glade. 

Edgar stitched on 35 ct WDW Havana using
Belle Soie Chester Blue and Red Fox.

Blu wins the prize for using the most colors ~
7 different shades of purple plus white. Gorgeous!

Andie from New Zealand dedicated her piece to her six children
 by stitching each of their initials in a different color.
How creative!

Cucki from South Africa stitched in the company of her cat, Maloo
purring happily by her side.


BIG HUGS and a heartfelt thank you to everyone who participated in this.  The chart itself is in such good condition considering the miles it has logged.  It has that well loved look.



~~Peggy Lee



P.S.    As I read over this post to proof read before I hit "publish", I realized that I love each page so much, I just can't randomly pick a few pictures from the journal to publish here.  This pattern and journal has quite a story to tell and I want to share each and every page with you.  So be looking for the next post where I will have more pictures of your beautiful stitching!

26 comments:

Krista said...

I have enjoyed seeing this pattern stitched by many along the way. What a fun idea! So nice of you to share the story.

Robin said...

So neat. I was number five or six I think. All stitched but never framed! Lol. Your post inspires me to get to framing. Looking forward to your other posts.

Chris said...

How wonderful!!

Vickie said...

So very awesome Peg! Love this whole idea. Gorgeous work by so many!!

Carmen Sutton said...

Awesome Peggy, what a great idea to see other sitchers take on one design. The the journal to document their journey is very cool.

Robin said...

Wow, what journey your chart went on! And what a treasure in the journal that returned to you! Enjoy it!

Robin in Virginia

Natasha said...

How awesome is that! I did'nt even know that you sent her on a journey. But that is a fantastic idea when doing a traveling pattern. I will have to remember that. I have a group of friends and we are always doing SALs but this is a really neat idea :)

Glad she is home and thanks for sharing

Vicki said...

What a fantastic project. I'm so glad you're going to share the rest of the journal entries with us. It is so interesting to see each stitcher's interpretation of the pattern. Thank you for sharing!

Edgar said...

It was such a fun piece to stitch and a great traveling piece thanks so much for letting me be a part of it!!

edgar

Christine said...

what an absolute treasure! stunning finishes for sure!
i look forward to seeing more! Thanks for sharing!

The Inspired Stitcher said...

What a fun treasure! I can't wait to see more of the pictures. I always enjoy seeing the same sampler stitched by different people. The fabric and floss choices really do reflect the stitcher!

valerie said...

How wonderful to see everyone's variation and creativity with the traveling pattern!

Barb said...

What a fascinating and lovely post!

Cath said...

So glad that it arrived safely back home . thanks for letting me be a part of the journey x

Vonna, The Twisted Stitcher said...

What a wonderful story to share :) That's lovely!

Friendship Crossing said...

Oh my gosh, what a very creative idea!! Loved seeing everyone's take on the piece and how different they all were. Hard to pick a favorite!

Warm hugs,
Tanya

Maggee said...

I was number two (Jennifer and I are stitching buddies, locally) and I cannot even remember if I had a picture or if it was framed! It is framed now, and I love it! It just happens to be waiting for a permanent hanging place in my bedroom! So I see it every day and think of this SAL! And YOU! Hugs!

P.J. said...

What a wonderful project adventure!

Nancy said...

It was so much fun to be a part of this traveling pattern....I know you must find so much joy looking through the scrap book and seeing all the different ways this pattern was stitched! Looking forward to seeing more of the pictures!

Annette-California said...

Fantastic journal you included for all the stitchers. I sure LOVE every page you shared. I am also impressed with the different color choices and fabrics that were used - WOW! And I love this design. Beautiful of you to share with others and us:)
love Annette

Shirlee said...

What fun!

Simply Victoria said...

What a neat journey that pattern took! Thanks for sharing the journal pages and each one's creativity.

Brigitte said...

What a wonderful idea to send this little book along with the pattern and getting a travelling journal back containing all the happy stitchers' pictures and comments. I'm looking forward to seeing the next pages.

Carol said...

What a fun post to read, Peggy Lee!! I loved seeing everyone's finishes and the different threads and fabrics--there are so many creative stitchers out there... Glad it made its way back to you safely :)

Myra said...

It was fun to see the contents of the book. Thank you for sharing this Peggy Lee and thank you for sharing the pattern.

Catherine said...

So glad it made it home!!!