Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Hello Friends!  Remember me?  You know it's been a long time when you look over on my sidebar at August's IHSW note!  I need to fix that.

I just wanted to pop in and thank you all once again for the many prayers and hugs sent this way for my mom's recent situation.  She is doing well.  Surprisingly well!  She says she takes a handful of pills before each chemo treatment so she won't get sick.  She did lose her hair early on but she was prepared for that and had a wig made that would fool anyone.  I even had to look twice.  They sure have come a long with these things.  No one would ever know that she didn't grow it herself!  She is about to have her fourth of six treatments.  She was able to go to my brother's place for Thanksgiving.  I was glad for that and I know everyone else was too.  Keep the prayers coming!  We appreciate each one.

Masterchief and I returned home after being away for our usual Fall outage in mid November.  We were able to go to our good friends for Thanksgiving.  They have been so kind to invite us to have the traditional Thanksgiving meal with them and their family in the past and we were glad to be able to join them this year too.

We have the lighted wreath out on the porch and Masterchief dragged the tree down from the attic last week.  That is the extent of our Christmas decorations here.  I have no energy to dig them out and I really dread putting them all away afterward.  I know...I sound like such a scrooge but we don't have any kids in the house to entertain and we are always here alone for Christmas so I'm good with it.  Uh-oh, I stand corrected.


I suppose we do have a couple kids after all.  Polly and Paulie are ready for the big day.  How could I forget them?

I don't remember if I posted a picture of our finished deck so here's a good one......


Here is one Masterchief took the other night after he put the lights all around it.  He will leave them up year round but will probably only turn them on if we are out there.



I'd imagine it looks like a landing strip from above, ya think?


I'm afraid I haven't looked at many blogs since returning home.  I just don't have it in me to sit down in front of the big girl computer any more.  I am much more comfortable in my cushy chair in the living room.  My doctor has sent me to physical therapy for my back.  I go twice a week.  The therapist also has me do exercises every day at home.  I try to do them at least twice each day but I think he wants me to do them three times a day.  I told him this morning that I think he finds a new muscle in my abs every time I go see him.  All this is supposed to strengthen my core so that my back will feel better.  I'll give it a shot.  Sitting in this chair right now is hurting so I'll send big hugs to each of you now and head for my big soft chair with my stitching nearby.

I hope you all have something warm, soft and cozy to trot off to as well.

~Hugs
~~Peggy Lee

19 comments:

Robin said...

Your porch looks terrific; both versions (lit and unlit). It was nice to see a post from you today!

Robin in Virginia

Vickie said...

Yay! It's Peggy Lee! ;)
I am praying for your mom.
Your deck looks fabulous. Great job you two.
I am sorry you are in pain. I hear ya!
My warm,soft and cozy is right here in my lap. Henry!

LindataxPA said...

So glad to hear a positive report on your Mom. Continued prayers for her treatments to do their job. We (DH) and I too are usually by ourselves for the holidays, so it is hard to get enthusiastic about decorating. It's DH's busy season at work, so he is less apt to want to decorate than me. I'm on the lookout for a tree to display my ornies on and call it a go. Take care of yourself Peggy Lee.

Shirlee said...

Great to see you posting! Hey ... Polly & Pearl should get together for Christmas, don't ya think? The could have a Christmas tea : ) So glad your mom is doing well!

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Hey girlie, you take care of yourself! I'm sending positive thoughts for both you and your mom. {{hugs}}

Syd said...

I am so glad to see you posting again! Feel better soon.

Barb said...

Welcome back!! Just stay in your chair and be comfortable!! I was glad to hear your Mom is doing so well. I'll keep the prayers coming.

Carol said...

So good to read your update, Peggy Lee! Glad to hear your mom is doing well--what a relief. Your new deck looks lovely all lit up... Merry Christmas to you!

Simply Victoria said...

Good to hear that your mom is doing ok. We will continue to pray for her. Your deck is just waiting for a big summer cook-out. Hope the exercises start to help with your back. Take care!

marly said...

Glad to see a post and so glad that mom is doing well. Sounds like you need a rest. So take one!

Faye said...

Now THATS a back deck!!!!! And, take care of yourself.... Good to hear from you~ here's a NC hig ((~)) for momma.

Maggee said...

Glad to hear your Mom is doing well with the treatments. Now YOU need to take care of yourself--it is your turn! Have a very Merry Christmas, with or without a fully decked out home! (you KNOW that is not the reason for the season anyway...) Hugs!

Catherine said...

Yay!!! Good to see you here! So good to hear your mom is doing well...prayers and virtual hugs continue! The deck looks fantastic ~ plenty of room for some stitching visitors ~ do you think MC will keep our drinks filled for us? A big old yuck on the back pain...hope you find some relief soon....yoga stretches and exercises to strengthen my lower back helped me. Hugs!

Chris said...

Hey Peggy Lee!
So glad to see an update from you! I am glad that your Mom is handling the chemo ok.
I hope that the holidays are healing and restful for you.
HUgs!

Sherry said...

Good to see you post! I am glad to hear the good news about your mom. Sounds like we both need to take it easy over the holidays and do a little recouping!

111 LaLa Lane said...

Hi Peggy Lee, glad to see an update from you. I'm in the same boat as you with the Christmas decorations. Kids are gone and I dislike putting them away after the holidays, so why bring them all out.... At least Santa has a clear view of your deck when the big day arrives. LOL! Seriously, your deck looks great and I'm thinking of stealing your idea of the lights along the rails for my porch at the beach. Hope your back feels better soon and hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

Bekca said...

It's so good to "hear" from you Peggy Lee. Thank you so much for the update on your mother, that's great news.
I hope the exercises help and that your stitching chair offers lots of comfort :)
Best wishes.

Anne said...

I'm so glad to hear your mother is doing as good as she can with the chemo. Sending her all the positive thoughts and prayers to get her through. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and that your back is a little better. You should put a big comfy chair out on that beautiful porch of yours to enjoy that gorgeous night sky!! Hugs

In My Prime Time said...

Happy new year dear heart!
Hope you are feeling better & am thinking good thoughts for Mom.
I bet the grands are growing quickly - mine definitely are!
Liam's girlfriend says "Hello!"
All the best in 2014!