Saturday, August 24, 2013

Friends and Frogs

Now don't get one mixed up with the other!  It just sounded good for a post title.  ☺


We have company coming for ribs on the grill, home made rolls, corn on the cob, twice baked potatoes with a triple chocolate cake for dessert so I want to get back at prepping for the feast.

I met with another stitchy friend!  I wasn't sure we could make our schedules meet but I am thrilled to say we did.  Vicki from Simply Victoria and her family were traveling over the weekend to drop their daughter off at college. They were coming back through Kentucky so we met at Cumberland Falls.  Well I don't know what happened to me but I'm afraid I talked the poor girl's ears off.  She was so kind to let me rattle on.....


and on.....


and on.....


and on.....


We had such a good time visiting with Vicki and part of her family (two were not there).  Thank you Vicki for taking the time from your travels through Kentucky to meet with me and Masterchief. I so enjoyed our visit.  


I recently was picked as the lucky winner of a giveaway from Michelle over at Michelle's StitchCraft Place.   I was so excited when the package arrived from across the pond.




I love the bluebird pin pillow and the card with roses on it is beautiful.  She also included some threads, a little pouch for an "on the road" project, a piece of gorgeous fabric and the cutest little scissors I ever did see!  Thank you Michelle, so very much. I appreciate the thought and time you put in to this and will treasure it always. 


I had an unwelcome visitor recently ---  


Hopefully I scared him away and he won't be back for a long time!

Must get moving now.  Not getting much done sitting here in front of the big girl computer, but oh how I love cruising through your blogs.  I get such inspiration from you!

Have a super weekend!
~Hugs
~~Peggy Lee

19 comments:

Catherine said...

Dinner sounds fun!!
Sounds like you had a great time meeting Victoria ~ looking forward to you heading my way soon!
Wonderful goodies ~ love the pin pillow and scissors!

Vickie said...

That is really neat that you two got to meet up.
Supper sounds very yummy to me!

Vicki said...

Yummy, I live in AZ, but I think if I tried really hard I might be able to make it in time for dinner, is it ok to invite myself?! haha It is so great that you girls got to meet in person - sounds like you had a terrific time together.

Karen said...

What a treat to meet another stitcher. Hope you have a great time with your friends.

happy stitching....

Dirty Martini Queen said...

What time is dinner? How exciting that you and Victoria got to meet up. I can just imagine the conversations that y'all had.
Donna

CalamityJr said...

Dinner sounds yummy. I may have to change my planned menu! How wonderful to spend time with a fellow blogger; you both were blessed with the opportunity. I think your frog looks like he has enough to fill his tummy so hopefully he'll leave you alone for awhile. Enjoy your dinner and company!

Myra said...

LOL I love the "talky" pictures. Reminds me of me when Chris and I meet up. Congrats on your win, you sure received some pretty things. Have a great weekend!

Jennifer M. said...

Oooo dinner sounds delicious. Enjoy and Have Fun.

So nice that you and Vicky were able to meet up.

Congrats on your blog winnings. Love those scissors too. :)

Maggee said...

It is fun to meet fellow stitchers! Especially in person! What a nice winning package of goodies from Michelle! The pin pillow is so nice! Hugs!

Simply Victoria said...

You are too funny! If I hadn't asked all those questions, you wouldn't have talked so much :) Love the way you used those photos. Pretty new gifts from Michelle!

Brigitte said...

Ohhh, just reading all the names of dishes for your dinner makes my mouth water. Particularly the triple chocolate cake, lol.
A great give-away gift from Michelle. Enjoy all the goodies!

Shirlee said...

Fun visit, great giveaway win ... you've got it made in the shade, my friend : )

Heather Wise said...

It is 7 am, but I want to eat all of that!

I have to say, I understand the chatting when you meet fellow bloggers. I am sure I leave their ears a little full!

Lovely win and lovely post, as usual!!!!

Love and blessings!
Heather

Lorrie said...

How nice to meet a fellow stitcher! Always so much to talk about and so little time.

Chris said...

So nice to meet another blogger!
What a lovely package of goodies. That blue is so pretty.
I hope that the frogs have moved on :)

cucki said...

Aww so sweet to meet another new friend.l.
Sweet goodies..
Love you
Hugs x

The Inspired Stitcher said...

How fun to meet another blogger in real life! Congrats on your win too. I laughed when I saw your frog with the ORTs hanging out of its mouth. Too funny!

Kaisievic said...

Wow! You did have a lovely long chat! You must both have had such a fun time. Love your prizes, too, especially the little pillow.

Jeanne said...

Love that Bluebird pincushion Peggy and lucky you meeting up with another stitcher!

I'm sorry to hear about the bad news in your family....hoping treatment will be successful for your mother - sending along positive thoughts.