Tuesday, July 9, 2013

July ORT Report and a Finish

Hello Friends...
Just a quickie post to let you know what I've been up to.

First -- the TUSAL report.


There are mostly threads in there from my most recent finish.

Ten Commandments by La-D-Da
R&R 32 ct. Creme Brulee`
1 thread over 2


I squeezed the year above my initials.  I changed every color called for only because I didn't have any of the recommended threads in my stash.  I tried to pick colors that closely matched though. I am very pleased with it.  

So what else have I been up to?
Well aren't you all so sweet...thank you for asking!

I made some pins
Yep, that's a watermelon.  It's been sitting on my counter for a while now.  I really should eat it. 

I grunged up some tags

And then I stamped them



I also watched the hummingbirds fight over the feeders

They are really entertaining to watch, and listen to!  They chatter and squeak to each other, especially when they are wanting the feeder all to themselves.  We have four feeders across the back of the house. 

That's it for today.  Masterchief is waiting for me to get done here so we can go in to town and get more boards for the deck. I am going along so I can run in to Walmart or a Dollar Store for some cheap safety pins.  I am going to try (again) to rust them. I've tried several times in the past but have been unsuccessful.  Myra has peaked my interest in it once again and maybe, just maybe I'll do it right this time!  

I am still thinking about what to offer for a giveaway here.  
Stay tuned!


~Hugs
~~Peggy Lee

21 comments:

Myra said...

What a gorgeous finish! I will watching to see this one framed. :o) Your pins are very pretty - I should try making those sometime. Good luck with the rusting. Mine sat for about 4 hours but the recipe said you can even let them go overnight.

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Congrats on a very pretty finish! Good luck with those pins.

Cath said...

A lovely finish. The colours really go well together.x

Vickie said...

Great minds think alike Peg! I just recently made patriotic pins too. Even Canadian ones for my Canadian friend. =)
I would love to listen to hummers. I only have ever heard them hum or buzz on by. Not squeak!
Congrats on finishing up that La D Da!

Sweet Sue said...

Luv your pins, one day I might just take a STAB at tryin them LOL:)

Jan said...

Now that is ever so pretty,Miss PL!! And you certainly have been tapping into those creative juices...I know you will conquer the rusting adventure soon. Miss you!

Barb said...

Ten Commandments is just beautiful!!Good luck with the pins, the tags look great!

Catherine said...

Love, love, love your finish!! Great pins and love those bee tags too! Wow ~ you have a lot of hummers ~ aren't they fun to watch!

Maggee said...

I like the way La D Da phrased the commandments...Lovely finish there! Myra peaked my interest in rusting too! Hugs!

Penny said...

Beautiful finish! And you've been very creative - those pins are so pretty! I love to go to my mother's house and watch/listen to her hummingbirds. :)

Deborah said...

Your finish is lovely. You have been very crafty! Love the pins and the tags wonderful. Good luck with the rusting.

April said...

I love the La D Da Finish!! So beautiful! Good luck on the rusting the pins!! lol

Mouse said...

wooooo hooooo to the finish ... would do a cartwheel but can't do one hahahah ....
love those pins and the wee tags too and good luck with the rusting ...if they are anything like needles leave them in some aida fabric for a few years and then they will rust .,lol
awwww the humming birds are lovely ...
love mouse xxxxxx

Marilyn said...

The sampler is pretty, nice colors.
Great job on the pins and tags also.
Mmmmmm, that watermelon is making me hungry! lol
Marilyn

cucki said...

Very sweet finish..well done x

Chris said...

Beautiful finish! I love your other projects too!
Hummingbirds are so noisy. They are so active right now.

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Love your stitchy finish. :) You did such a great job. It looks beautiful. :)

Simply Victoria said...

Beautiful finish! Your grungy tags look great too. Let us know how the rusting goes. I'd like to try it too.

Carol said...

Congratulations on that lovely finish, Peggy... the colors you chose are perfect :) And your little pins and tags are great--you've been on a creative roll lately!! Good luck with that rusting!

Anne said...

Wonderful finish Peggy!! Those tags are so great! That big bee stamp is amazing. Great pins too! You've been busy like a bee :D

Sharon said...

Beautiful finish! Congrats!