Tuesday, July 2, 2013

It Took One Year....


Guess what? 

Guess what?

Guess what?

Can you tell I'm just a little bit excited?  

Let's start this way ----->

Remember this?


Jennifer started my ABCD chart on a journey to 17 stitchers.  
It made it to 14 of them and then I thought I had lost it forever. 
I had really given up all hope.

Well lookie here ----->


After ONE WHOLE YEAR it finally showed up in South Africa at Cucki's house!  

She has it all stitched up already as you can see and is now sending it on it's way to Mouse

I thought it was lost forever and now I am so excited that it will soon be right back where it started. 

I am so thankful to Jennifer for starting this chart on it's journey and to everyone who stitched it so far, who took the time to write a little something or include a picture in the journal.  

I can't wait to see it!!

~Happy Hugs
~~Peggy Lee

20 comments:

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Okay, I may be having a dense day here. Did it really take a year to get to Cucki or did it take her a year to stitch it? I know the mail can be slow but wow, that's ridiculous! Glad it's on the move again.

Samplers, Silks and Linens said...

What a long journey it's been on and an interesting piece to have once you finally receive it back - Amanda

Parsley said...

That is SOOOO cool!!

Natasha said...

What a fun journey that chart has been on! Such a pretty design! Glad it is winding its way home

Vickie said...

Yes, I saw that post from Cucki this morning. It had me wondering. What the heck happened?

Peggie Fagan said...

WOW that is great.

Lisa V said...

OMG Peggy Lee, I was soo shocked to read Cucki's post this morning. I cant believe it took that long. It even has less of a trip to get there then when I have to send to the UK or US. I was shocked, but soo pleased that it did finally make it and you still get the chance to have your wonderful keepsake back.
Hugs

Maggee said...

WooHoo! Irregardless of how long it took--at least now you will be seeing it headed back to you! I enjoyed stitching it, and should put it out since it is red and blue! Thanks for the reminder! Hugs!

Barb said...

What a long exciting journey!

Mouse said...

see this mouse wiggle ... think I am as much excited as you .... love mouse xxxx

Barbara Shores ~ Village Folk Art said...

How great is that ... Sounds like a 'Long Lost Friend' and lots of fun too.

cucki said...

:)
Happy me here..
Love for you x

sandi s said...

That is such a cool idea. I love the pattern. I'm glad it will be coming back to you.

Carol said...

How wonderful that it will continue its journey--it is such a pretty design!

Myra said...

I am so happy this was found and continues it's journey back to you. I can't wait until it makes it home. You will have to show lots of pics of the journal. :o)

Shirlee said...

What a fun, albeit a bit anxiety-ridden, traveling project! Looks like the finish is great!

StitchinByTheLake said...

How fun is that! blessings, marlene

Penny said...

I'm glad it finally resurfaced. Such a pretty design and it sounds like only a couple of more stitchers to go. :)

Jeanne said...

I'm glad your project resurfaced Peggy! Years back I used to do Shepherd's Bush round robins with a group of ladies....it can be fun but almost always there seems to be some 'drama'.....people who stop responding, lost projects, etc etc. I don't them do round robins anymore but happy for you that you'll soon have a special finish in your hands!

Nancy said...

So excited that it has resurfaced and boy has it traveled!