Friday, June 28, 2013

Saxon Sampler ~ Finished

She's finally done!  

What do you think?

Saxon Sampler
1989 JCS 

I remember when I bought the supplies to make this.  Masterchief took me to Tennessee for my 40th birthday.  We found two shops.  I can't remember the name of them anymore.  I worked on this off and on (mostly off) for five years.  I goofed it up pretty bad and put it down for a long time then one day decided to rescue it from my WIP basket.  

  

I used all the recommended DMC threads and stitched it on an unknown 40 count linen.  I am very pleased with it and can't wait to frame it!


It's a good thing I celebrated IHSW a weekend earlier than most of you because I didn't sit down this past weekend to stitch at all.  Well here we are on the verge of another weekend!  Where does the time go?  

Here is what I worked on for IHSW.  Remember Land Of The Free by Willow Hill Samplings?





Sorry it's so wrinkly.  I am really enjoying this one.  I am a slow stitcher lately but making progress.  



Sorry I don't have a lot of time tonight to post so I'll cut this one short.  Thank you so much for leaving your comments.  I appreciate the time you take to do it.  

I missed my blogaversary.  It was June 25th.  Three years ago.  I think a giveaway is in order.  I'll think something up and let you know on my next post what goodies I'll have to offer!

I wish you all a wonderful weekend.

~Hugs
~~Peggy Lee

30 comments:

Vickie said...

Hooray! Congratulations to you Peg. So glad you finished it up. It looks lovely. How wonderful it will be to display on your wall. =)

Christie said...

Congrats on your finish. Your stitching is beautiful.

CalamityJr said...

Lovely! I'm sure you'll enjoy having her framed and being able to see her daily.

Barb said...

The Saxon Sampler is absolutely beautiful. It does look like lots of work!!! A nice start on Land of the Free.

111 LaLa Lane said...

Your Saxon Sampler is just gorgeous! And, Happy BlogAversary to you. I've only been blogging for 6 months....Can't imagine three years....Wonderful!

~Laurie

Deborah said...

Your sampler is stunning! I am so glad you picked it up and finished it.

Vicki said...

It's gorgeous!

Vicki said...

It's gorgeous!

Natasha said...

I am glad ytou decided not to wait any long on finishing this up, Saxon is beautiful! And your current project is going to be darling I have thinking about this chart, but I would actually have to stitch LOL Have a great weekend!!!

Lisa V said...

Superb finish Peggy Lee, congratulations. Hugs

Carole said...

Your Saxon Sampler is beautiful. ....and realize I have a " twin" in the stitching world. You see, I have the same sampler with almost the same story....worked on it faithfully some years ago, but realized when I had stitched WAT that I didn't have room for KINS....rolled it up and shoved it way back in the closet...end of story, did'nt want to see it again
.....that is, until I saw yours...so I rummaged around until I found it, removed WAT yesterday and will stitch the name correctly this time....thanks to you I'll have this beauty on my wall to enjoy, too! And guess what ...I even found the old SANQ with out too much stress!

cucki said...

Wow very sweet stitches and I really love your new project..land of free..super cute
Big hugs x

Cath said...

Gorgeous finish , well worth it .X

Chris said...

Congratulations on a gorgeous finish!
I am really loving your new start too.
Happy Blogaversary :)

Samplers, Silks and Linens said...

Congratulations on your finish, I have always thought that was a beautiful sampler - Amanda

Catherine said...

Such a great finish! And love the new start ~ is that you and MC under the tree?

Mrs. GraceWorks said...

Wow! What an accomplishment! It's just beautiful!!

Tricia

Marsha said...

It's gorgeous Peggy! Time gets awawy from us but perserverence pays off. It's happy you rescued it.

Karen said...

Your Saxon sampler is gorgeous; congrats on the finish!

Carol said...

So glad you persevered and finished this beauty off, Peggy! Congratulations on a lovely finish :)

Your new start is very cute, too...

Solstitches said...

What a gorgeous finish. This is a design I've never seen before and it is beautiful!
I love the alphabet.
You're already making great progress with Land of the Free.
Will it be finished for July 4th I wonder ?
Margaret

Barbara Shores ~ Village Folk Art said...

Your 'Saxon Sampler' is exquisite. Looks like a lot of detail and work...Way beyond my ability and patience. Thanks for sharing.

sandi s said...

Gorgeous!!!

Myra said...

I think she is gorgeous!

Penny said...

Glad you decided to rescue it from your WIP basket - it's a beautiful finish! Happy blog anniversary! :)

Terri said...

Great finish!

Bekca said...

Brilliant finish Peggy Lee, it will look stunning in its frame :)
Best wishes.

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

Wow Peggy the Saxon Sampler is fabulous! I see a nice suede matt with a wooden frame with just a bit of design. Congratulations to a finish well done.
Cheers
As always

Mouse said...

wooo hooo you finished it :0 looks lovely.. are you going to frame it ??? and nice start to your LOTF too ...
and gosh I have known you for three years ??? time flies when you are having fun :) love mouse xxxxx

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Congrats on the finish! It was worth the rescue. Very nicely done!