Thursday, June 13, 2013

I ♥ My Mail Lady!

Hello to all my bloggy buddies! 

I have the best mail carrier.  OK, she drives a little fast down our road but when she brings me goodies like she did today I can overlook that.  

Natasha from A Stitcher's Ramblings had a stash sale on her blog.  You can click HERE to see that post.  I don't know if she has anything left of it but you might want to check it out!   
I purchased this chart from her and look what else she sent to me!



The chart is Heart Band Sampler by Debbie Draper Designs.  As a part of her "creative PIF",  Natasha also sent me thread and a recipe box!  The thread is called Organic Strawberry.  My mouth waters just when I say it.  It's a beautiful color.  Natasha said she thought this recipe box would fit perfectly in my home and she was right!  I love it!  She slipped a couple recipes in the box too.  They are ones that were passed on from her mom.  Awww...so sweet of her!
Thank you so much Natasha.  

~~~~

The other mail goody was from Sandra at In My Prime Time. It's her new blog she started up not too long ago.  Check it out!  Sandra doesn't cross stitch much anymore and so kindly offered some of her linen for sale.  I just sent her some money and asked for a grab bag of sorts and she didn't disappoint!  


I have so many linens that have been dyed to look of the primitive style and found myself without much white/off-white/cream colored linens.  She also threw in a couple charts for...yes, you guessed it, SAMPLERS!!  
Thank you so much Sandra.  I will put these things to good use soon!

~~~~

I have been going through this entire day thinking it was Friday.  I don't know why.  It feels like Friday.  I was very excited to come to my senses when I realized it is IHSW this weekend!  If today were actually Friday I would have missed out on a little bit of stitchy time to log for the cause.  
So after this weekend is over I will post pictures of my progress.  I'm not going to tell you what I'm stitching on, only that you have seen it before here and it's been resting in my WIP crate for quite some time.  
*Stay tuned*

Have a great weekend...
~hugs
~~Peggy Lee

14 comments:

Catherine said...

You have to love a good mail day like that!! Great goodies!
Enjoy your stitchy weekend ~ I'm at the ball fields again!

Krista said...

Great new charts, love the pretty heart, will work great with that pink thread!

Barb said...

The mail lady was good to you! Great stash!

cucki said...

Aww super sweet stash..
Happy day xxx

Chris said...

What a wonderful mail day! I think that every Thursday has been feeling like Friday lately. I am so disappointed that there still is another work day left in my week. LOl!
Have a great weekend!

Vickie said...

We have a wonderful mail "lady" also. I just adore a good mail day!

Natasha said...

HA! Funny because I thought yesterday was Friday also, I was so disappointed to learn it was only Thursday LOL I am glad it arrived :)

Great charts and fabric that Sandra sent you. I am going to try my habd at hand dying a peice of fabric It might be fun to come up with my own color.

Have a great FRIDAY

Kathy Ellen said...

No wonder that you look forward to your "Mail Lady" knocking on your door! She comes bearing some pretty special goodies! Enjoy! Hope that you accomplish some great stitching this weekend!

Blessings!

marly said...

Great goodies! Almost better than chocolate. Almost.

Penny said...

That's my kind of mail day! :) I'll look forward to seeing what you stitch this weekend.

Penny said...

That's my kind of mail day! :) I'll look forward to seeing what you stitch this weekend.

Mouse said...

love your mail days too ... gorgeous charts and floss colour too and the wee box is perfect :) and well done on the linen ....
looking forward to seeing the stitching ... will be doing blog update later all being well :) love mouse xxxxx

Brigitte said...

I can see why you love to see the mail lady coming towards your house, lol. You've received two wondeeful packages here. The sampler charts you received with the linen are just gorgeous. They will be a lot of fun to stitch.

Bekca said...

The recipe box is gorgeous, I'm sure you will put it to good use Peggy Lee :) Can't wait to see what fab new chart you decide to stitch up first! Happy stitching and best wishes.