Friday, June 21, 2013

Happy Friday Friends!  I see I have gained one more follower.  Welcome! I was stuck at 309 for the longest time.  I hope you find my little patch of blogville interesting enough to come back and visit lots more. 

Well let's see....where do I begin?  

This week in review:

I messed up on the IHSW thing.  I got confused about it starting on Friday or not so I jumped the gun and had my own little stitchy hermit time last weekend.  It's not all bad though.  That just means I have one more excuse to sit on my continually broadening behind in my big girl chair and stitch all weekend long!  *squeals*
With that being said, I won't post any of my progress pics (there is one exception later on here) until after the weekend is over.  

Remember in my last post about how much I ♥ my mail lady?  Well she went and did it again!  Just lookie here what she brought me from  Maggee -- Stitching Devotee ....


Two charts by My Big Toe and three CC threads!  It was such a sweet surprise Maggee.  Thank you so much!  You made my day!

On Wednesday I went to visit Shirlee from The Easily Influenced Stitcher.  We have been emailing each other for quite a while and decided it was time we met.  Shirlee actually lives within a few miles from where Masterchief and I lived when we first moved to Kentucky back in December of 2005.  It only took me about 1 1/2 hours to get there which is nothing around these parts.  You have to travel at least 30 minutes to get to anywhere for shopping etc...  We had a great time talking and talking.  I know I talked too much but she was kind to listen politely.  I probably left her with a spinning head with all my gabbing.  We exchanged a few charts and she let me dig through all her boxes she had packed up for Goodwill.  Can you say "Cha-ching?"  I ended up coming away from there with lots of treasures.  

Shirlee made this darling pinkeep for me.  As you can see it is just my style.  Love that patriotic stuff!  



I was taking pictures of it without holding it and then realized it looked like a queen sized bed pillow.  Love the fabric she chose for the back and Shirlee has the finest finishing technique I've seen!  

She also gifted me with a few other treasures....



A needle threader which I have found that I've needed so desperately lately, a scissor fob made of blue and white beads with a little scissor charm at the end and CC English Ivy.  Actually I sorta claimed the thread as soon as I laid eyes on it.  You see, I ran out of that color while stitching on La D Da's Ten Commandments and have been putting off ordering it online because I was afraid it wouldn't match what I've already used.  When I saw it I found myself asking her if I could have it whilst ripping it from her hands. 

*whoopsie* 

 She was kind enough to say yes because I think she knew if she didn't I would collapse in a puddle of tears right there at her feet and she wouldn't have the strength to get me back up.  

I had such a nice time visiting with you Shirlee and I hope to get you down to my neck of the woods very soon.  There are a few antique/junk shops just calling out to us!  Thank you so much for the goodies!!  



Here's a pinkeep I made sometime during the week...

front

 See what I mean about it looking so big if I don't hold on to it?

back
It's a little design by Falling Star Primitives. The chart (Independence Day) has three little designs in it.  I saw that Shirlee mentioned it on her blog and that got me looking through my stash for it.  I thought I had it and I was right.  I don't know what count linen I used but I can tell you it's awfully tiny!  I used mostly DMC threads.  

On my way back from Shirlee's I stopped at a Peddler's Mall in her area.  I didn't see much I was interested in but I did pick two of these coasters up.  That's right....patriotic themed!  Did you expect anything else?



To round up the week, our friends invited us to go out on the lake in their boat.  If it weren't for them we probably wouldn't make it out there much if at all.  We really appreciate them asking us so often. 

Please excuse the windblown hair.  That will happen when you're out in the middle of the lake.  I guess I should have worn a hat like someone else did!  


We had some visitors who enjoyed a meal of pretzels and apple.  




The deck is coming right along.  
If you look very close you can see Masterchief way down there at the end putting the first board on the floor.  The sun was too hot to continue so he will take a break now until it goes over the top of the house later today.  

Polly hasn't looked me in the eye since I came back from visiting with Shirlee and Pearl.  I forgot that I had told her I would take her with me.  Bad Momma!!  P.J. has been trying to console her but I think she'll be down in the dumps for a while.  I have a lot of making up to do.


~~~~~~

I suppose that's about it for now.  I need to get myself to my stitchy chair pronto so I have something substantial to show for two IHSW weekends! 

Thanks for stopping by and leaving such kind comments. I love reading them!

~Hugs
~~Peggy Lee

20 comments:

Vickie said...

Nice gifts from Shirlee. Goes right along with your sweet stitching.
That picure of P.J. and Polly cracks me up!

Penny said...

Wow, wonderful gifts!! I love the patriotic pinkeeps! Sounds like you had a wonderful visit with Shirlee. :) Happy stitching this weekend!

Colorado Stitcher said...

Great patriotic stuff! I love it too.

cucki said...

Aww such sweet post..
Beautiful gifts..I always love the pin keep..my fav..
Sending you lots of love xxx

Friendship Crossing said...

LOVE all the Americana pillows you and Shirley made -too cute! I have stitched the third design but never made it into anything YET ~ha! Now I'm inspired!!
The deck looks great and HUGE!! My hubby and son love to build decks too.

Hugs,
Tanya

Vicki said...

How fun to meet a blogging friend in person! Sounds like you girls had a great time. Enjoy your weekend!

Catherine said...

Great post! Love all the goodies ~ how fun that you were able to visit with Shirlee!!
Your deck is going to be fabulous ~ looks like lotsa room for comfy stitching chairs and some tables to hold some special umbrella drinks!

Sweet Sue said...

sweet post, tfs - deck looks like it'll be done in a jiff! your finish is nice-n-prim-n-patriotic:) perfect coaster find!

marly said...

That's not a deck....it's a runway. Four times back and forth and you've clocked a mile???? Hope we see pictures of the completion. Adorable little finishes and I'm glad you found your thread!

Barb said...

What a fun post. It is so much fun to meet up with fellow stitchers. I love all your patriotic things!

Mouse said...

awwww poor polly ... love the wee gifties you got ,,, just you :)
wow that is a loooooonnnnngggg deck you have there missis ..

looking forward to the photos ... I am also hermitting once I get off here hahahah ;) love mouse xxxxx

Chris said...

So nice that you and Shirlee were able to get together. It is so nice to talk to someone about stitching that is as enthusiastic as we are.
I love both your Patriotic smalls. So have them displayed in a bowl? Shirlee does lovely work.
Great progress on the deck. It looks like you had a great time at the lake too.
Here's to another weekend! Cheers!

Shirlee said...

GREAT blog post!!! Maggee is a sweetie : ) Love your staining on your pinkeep. I have staining PTSD so mine looks so WHITE next to your's. Maybe you can stain it now? Hope so! I enjoyed our visit very much & look forward to the next one : ) Lovely picture of you & Bob, & I couldn't stop laughing after seeing the last photo!!! Then I read Marly's comment & just about fell out of my chair! Yep, a GREAT post : )

Kaisievic said...

Oh, Peggy Lee, how I wished that I could have visited with you and Shirlee - imagine how much fun that would be? Lovely visit and gorgeous stitching all around.
hugs, Kaye

Brigitte said...

It's always a treat to have a little get-together with a fellow stitcher.
Very nice gifts you have received from Maggee and Shirlee. Enjoy them.

Bekca said...

I'm so glad you had such a lovely time with Shirlee, and your pinkeep is adorable. Great picture of you and Masterchief too, it looks like you had wonderful weather for a day on the lake :)
Best wishes.

The Maiden said...

Very patriotic post! I too thought IHSW was last weekend, so you had some company!

Heather Wise said...

Love the gifts and stitcheries! Oh, but the doll thing cracked me up! I do so enjoy your humor! Wow! That deck project is huge! We need to redo parts of our deck. Wow.

Glad you've had some relaxing and fun adventures! Your work is lovely!!!!

Hugs!
Heather

Carol said...

What a great gift from Shirlee, Peggy--that is great that you got to meet in person...

Love your tiny patriotic pinkeep, too. For me, the tinier the better when it comes to pillows and ornaments :)

Great progress on your deck--looks like you'll have a beautiful spot to sit and stitch this summer!

Has Polly recovered yet?? Maybe you could stitch her a little something to cheer her up!

Vicki Boster said...

How wonderful that you got to meet with your blog friend! That's so special! Your pin keeps are beautiful- you are such an artist at cross stitch. I used to love to do that but-- don't have time anymore- I do miss it though!

Looks like a wonderful time on the lake:)
Xoxo
Vicki
Ps- thank you for your visits and comments- I appreciate you so much.