Sunday, June 30, 2013

Bloglovin' and a few other things...

I don't totally understand this but here goes..............



Follow my blog with Bloglovin


I am not good with change.
I've been blogging for three years now and as you may have noticed I haven't changed the look of my blog since the day I created it.  Why?  Because I like it.  Why change something that works, right?

~~~~~

Did any of you notice the boot in the picture of my latest finish?  One day I looked at it and thought, "Hey, that would make a good pincushion type/thingy."  So it took me all of two minutes to find a piece of scrap to stuff in there an stick a pin in it and call it done.


My grandmother gave the boot to me and it's been sitting empty all this time.  No wait...I think I had pencils in it at one time.  Anyway, there she is.  Cute, huh?

~~~~~


We are coming right along on the deck construction.  Notice I said "we".  I have been recruited to help screw down the boards so Masterchief''s back doesn't take all the beating.  Now we both are walking around like bent over old people!
Looks kind of like a bowling alley, doesn't it?


We usually have several supervisors --


Here's a Ruby Throat looking on, making sure we don't upset his feeder hanging above the deck.  We have four feeders across the back and they don't seem to be bothered by us making all kinds of noise out there.  They swarm around our heads like a bunch of bees!  Lord help you if you wear red out there!

~~~~~


I picked up Ten Commandments again last night.  Thanks to Shirlee I now have the CC English Ivy to finish it.  I just have to finish the border and the little berries or flowers and then it's another finish!  Hooray!!



That's it for today folks.  I hadn't intended to post today (you know it's very unusual for me to post so frequently) but I wanted to get that Bloglovin' thing out of the way.  I still don't get why I have to ask you to follow me all over again.  When I signed up I imported my blog list so there you all are!  If you do the same, then there I should be, right?  Ohhhh....I am so glad I have Masterchief to figure out all this computer stuff for me.  I know how to turn this thing on and I can barely compose a blog post and now they are throwing changes at me?  Ughhhhh!!!  :o(  I do do change very well.

I wish you all a peaceful end to your weekend.  There's another Monday right around the corner.

~Hugs
~~Peggy Lee

11 comments:

Vickie said...

The deck looks fabulous. I wish we had hummingbirds swarming! They are illusive here. Hard to spot.

denise said...

i'm still trying to follow with bloglovin. denise

marly said...

Great idea with your Grandma's porcelain! I'm with you. I import all the blogs to my dashboard and don't use the others. I would rather see it on the computer screen than a mobile device. I guess that's why I don't even have a mobile device!

Catherine said...

I don't like this kind of change either!! The porch is looking good ~ love your supervisors! And your stitches ~ I am loving this piece!!! Your boot is so sweet ~ what a cute piece to remind you of your grandmother!

Maggee said...

I guess I will try bloglovin too, tho like Marly--they ARE on our blogger dashboards. But it doesn't show when there is a post--there's the drawback. I have been reading and comparing, and actually NONE are meeting my standards, but I guess that is how it is these days. You must settle.... Hugs!

cucki said...

Sweet pin cushion and lovely stitches..
Hugs x

Mouse said...

oooo just love that deck and your wee visitor is gorgeous ... well done on getting the colour needed too off Shirley ...
I read all my blogs on my blog dashboard .... love mouse xxxxx

Krista said...

I don't understand all the bloglovin' either! But I guess it is better to have more options to connect with each other than not! I am hoping that the blogs I read that are listed on my blogger page won't go away tomorrow or I will be crying!

Love your stitching! So very close to a finish! :)

Barb said...

I'm still trying to figure things out. I do love the 10 commandments! The deck is coming along nicely!

Bekca said...

See, my blog reader seems fine, but I'm not sure if I'm on a different one to Google Reader? Maybe I should just make the switch to Bloglovin' anyway.
Wonderful stitching Peggy Lee, you'll have it finished in no time :)
Best wishes.

Simply Victoria said...

Hi Peggy! I found you through our mutual friend, Shirlee. Like you, I'm not a fan of change either. I didn't switch to Bloglovin' and don't know if I should or not at this point. Your 10 Commandments looks great.