Friday, May 24, 2013

Cookie Puddles....

Well here it is Friday already.  Where had the time gone?  I've been home for a little over a week and I'm still unpacking, sorting and donating things.  I've hit every under-the-bed container and every closet in the house so far.  I hope to get it all done over the weekend so I can finally sit and relax.  Oh...and STITCH!!!  I really miss my needle and floss.  I am so close to finishing a few things.  Sorry, no pics right now.  Nothing has changed with them since the last time I took pictures.  

I received a couple surprises in the mail when I returned home.  Denise sent me a little "thank you" for sending her one of those books I had offered to my followers.  I am such a dunderhead though!  I took pictures of it and now I can't find them anywhere.  It's some lovely caramel/gold trim I can't wait to use and the cutest little measuring tape charm with a few adorable buttons.  Thank you Denise!  Sorry I can't find those pics.  When I do I will be sure to post them.  

I must have taken those pictures at the same time I took the ones of my giveaway winnings from Barbara.  DRAT!!  It was several "Fine Lines" magazines, a couple charts and a few other things I am so thankful to Barbara for offering on her blog.  I will add these things to my stash until I can finally sit my fanny down in the big girl chair and stitch till my little heart's content!

Since I have nothing stitch worth to report I will leave you with this....

I am always trying new recipes that I find online.  Some are winners and some are "what were they thinking?"  I was careful to copy the recipe down correctly and measure everything as instructed, and this is what I ended up with.........


Flat puddles of gooey "cookies".  UGH!!  

So I added over a cup of flour to the left over dough and tried it again............


Much better this time.  Obviously there was a mistake with the recipe as it was presented online.  I haven't decided if the mistake was too much butter or not enough flour.  It doesn't matter though.  Masterchief has said they are too sweet for his liking so I probably won't make them again.  They are made with dark brown sugar, choc. chips, crushed chex cereal and marshmallows.  If I made them again I would probably use light brown sugar and skip the marshmallows.  

That's all for tonight dear friends.  I wish I had something stitchy to report.  Soon.  Very soon.  

In case you haven't noticed, I still have April's IHSW and TUSAL dates on my sidebar. I guess I need to change that, huh?  

When I can sneak away from a closet or roll out from under the bed I sit and peek in at as many of your blogs as I can cram in to a few moments.  I'm slowly catching up.  Big hugs to all of you who have welcomed me home.   Big smiles 

Masterchief and I wish you all a very happy Memorial Day weekend.  

~Hugs
~~Peggy Lee






10 comments:

Shirlee said...

My teeth were hurting reading about those cookie ingredients & I like sweet stuff : ) So glad you're home & can stitch again!

Catherine said...

Cookie puddles ~ lol ~ I have had that happen a time or two!! Don't you just love a good mail day? Had one today myself! When you are done purging, cleaning, etc.m feel free to pop on over here.......yeah, I know....not gonna happen!

Barb said...

A special Happy Memorial Day to the Masterchief and you. We appreciate all the things you both do for this country!!

Brigitte said...

Hmmm, yes, the second batch of cookies looks definitely better than the first.
I hope you will soon find some time for your stitching, you really must miss it.

cucki said...

Yummy me loves cookies too ..
Enjoy happy time x

Dirty Martini Queen said...

Cookie puddles would still be welcome at my house.....Me Eat Cookies! Me Want Cookies! ok so now everyone knows my favorite muppet and who I want to be when I grow up.

It sounds like you are a cleaning/organizing maniac right now and sure wish you'd come help me. The stupid weather here right now keeps me from changing out wardrobes so we've got a selection from heavy sweaters (wore yesterday) to sleeveless spring tops (will be worn today) and no closet space to really storage anything. Ugh but I'm sure in a few weeks I'll be complaining about the heat and lack of air conditioning wishing I still needed a sweater.

Take some time this week to relax and stitch because all work and no play makes Peggy Lee a cranky gal.

Donna

Bekca said...

I've had a few cookie disasters too. One turned into a cookie tray bake because they spread too much! I'm sure your house will return to order soon and you can stay firmly in your stitching chair for a nice long time. Thank you for the lovely comment on my blog, I can't wait to get Farmhouse up on my wall :)
Best wishes.

Sweet Sue said...

Been there myself with the cookie escapades Sista! Have a great weekend, relax a bit if ya can:)

Vickie said...

I hear ya on not being able to stitch.
My kids eat any kind of cookies.

Penny said...

Welcome home! :) That second batch of cookies look delicious! Hope you have found some time for stitching. :)