Friday, May 31, 2013

Anxiously Awaiting.....

Here it is the last day of May and I can't wait for the middle of June!

Happy Friday Friends!

I know, for me it seems like it was just a very short time ago that it was April 1st and it was my first day of work in New Jersey and now I'm saying I can't wait for June.  You see, I totally missed IHSW  and TUSAL for March, April and May!  Now that I am home again I hope to settle in to a somewhat "normal" schedule of sitting in my big girl chair, stitching away to my little hearts delight. 

I managed to stitch a little bit in March while Masterchief worked a small job in  Northern Jersey before we both started work at the Nuke plant.  
Here is proof of that....


I snapped this one quick at the hotel before we packed up for South Jersey.  I think these ORTs were from the Saxon Sampler. I have only to add our name to that and it's all done.  I even picked up a frame for it while I was in close proximity to The Strawberry Sampler.  Once again, the girls there helped me choose the perfect frame...



I can't wait to get it finished and framed!

Here is what I've been trying to finish in the last couple days...

Crimson Vine
Primitive Things

I chose different colors than what was suggested...probably because I didn't have what I needed at the time.  That is usually why I use different threads.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Masterchief has been working on our deck since we arrived home. 


Our original deck was VERY small, just big enough for a couple chairs.  Soon it will stretch down the back of the house and around the corner!  Do you see where the spouting is on the house?  That's where the addition begins.  We added on to the end.  

My Knockout Roses have really gotten big even though I cut them way back before we left in March.  


We planted them at the same time but one is bigger.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I see I have gained a couple new followers.  SO glad to see you here!!  

I think I am finished with unpacking and organizing for now.  That took longer than I thought it would.

Now to relax........
and STITCH!!  
=)

That's it for today.  I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.  

Thanks so much for your sweet comments.  Each one brings a smile!  I appreciate them so much. 

~Hugs
~~Peggy Lee

16 comments:

Carol said...

I can imagine how happy you are to be home and have the time to stitch again, Peggy! Had to laugh at your little shotglass of orts :) Your new frame looks perfect for that sampler--it will be a beauty!

You'll love your bigger deck--good luck on the construction of it. Someone else mentioned that I should buy Knockout Roses, too, and after seeing how gorgeous yours are, they are now on my shopping list!

Happy Stitching!!

Shirlee said...

I always avoided knockout roses but reluctantly bought some to plant by the entrance gate & I wish I had bought more now for around the foundation! Your deck will be gorgeous when it's done. Lovely stitchings. I really like the Crimson Vine!

Vickie said...

Can't wait til you add your name and frame it! Such a pretty project you are stitching now.
I "spotted" the lady bug! ;)

Penny said...

What a pretty sampler, and the frame is perfect for it! I love your Knockout Roses - I hear they are easy to grow. Hope you enjoy a very "stitchy" weekend! :)

cucki said...

Aww very sweet sampler..so sweet..
Happy stitching x

Catherine said...

Love how your piece looks in that frame!! Great choice! Crimson Vine looks like a cute project as well.
Your roses are gorgeous! I used to have some, but we lost the disease/bug battle and took them all out.
Your deck will be great when it's finished ~ so much space!
Hugs!

Pamela@ Our Pioneer Homestead said...

Beautiful flowers! Enjoy Your new deck :)

Myra said...

Gorgeous stitching and roses too. We have 2 HUGE knockout roses at work - they are just awesome. Oh I know you can't wait to enjoy your new deck. Glad you are settled in again and ready to stitch! :o)

P.J. said...

Oh the deck will look great all the way down the front. Your roses are very sweet. Very nice work on your samplers.

Barb said...

I agree, that frame is just perfect!!The sampler is beautiful. I love knock out roses. Even out here in the rain, they stay fairly black spot free.

Brigitte said...

Nothing better than having the time to stitch to your heart's delight. And there's this big finish ahead when you will have filled in the names. Great choice of frame for it.
Your new porch will be great and I'm sure you can't wait for it to be finished.

Bekca said...

Stitching time is truly relaxing isn't it? Your framed piece looks wonderful Peggy Lee, as does your current WIP. I hope you enjoy putting your feet up with your latest project :)
Best wishes.

Jan said...

Great to be getting such a fab deck. Beautiful stitching. Enjoy being back at home

Kaisievic said...

Hi Peggy Lee, you will love your new deck.

Maggee said...

I love sitting on a porch or deck... I so wanted to do that tonight, but everyone wanted my attention and here it is, 9:00 and it is dark. No stitching or reading now! We built an addition UP--put a second story on the house (city dwellers)and have a second story deck, then we added a huge porch/deck on the side to it, then we put in a deck underneath and NOW I want to stretch that one to under the huge one upstairs! But... we will have to see how it goes! Husband is a carpenter/contractor--I am blessed! Your Saxon Sampler will look beautiful in that frame, when you finish it. Never heard of Primitive Things, but the Vine sampler is coming along nicely. Hugs!

Charlene ♥ SC said...

Now that'll be some deck - know you're anxious to fill it up! Don't think I've seen that Crimson Vine. It's really pretty! Enjoy your relaxing stitching.