Monday, March 11, 2013

TUSAL time already?!?

It seems I was welcoming in the new year just a short time ago and now we are already in to March!  If I wouldn't have seen a few TUSAL postings in my blogroll, this month's would have crept right past me.

So here she is...

 
This month there are TOO MANY black fuzzy threads.  The frogs must have gotten cold peeking in from the front window.  They all came in gangsta style and bombarded me while I was peacefully stitching on Commandments!
These threads will be smooshed down into the mother jar and I will start again.  I will most likely NOT have a TUSAL report for April or May as I will be knee deep in all things Alpha, Beta and Gamma.  Okay, hopefully not so much Gamma but you get the idea.
Did you notice the sampler in the background?  I am slowly working on the upper case alphabet on this one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You might be getting tired of hearing this, but I went to a couple antique/junk shops again.  *sneaky grins*

Here is my latest haul:



I love the plate!  It has already found a place on my kitchen wall with the others.  I also found a couple Blue Willow grill plates.  I want to put old thread spools or buttons in the jar.  I'll bet you can't guess what I want to do with those two small crocks, can ya?  

That's it for tonight friends.  Thank you for visiting with me and I appreciate all your comments so very much!

My next post will have a bit of cuteness included.  It's been far too long since I last gushed over my grandbabies!  

~hugs
~~Peggy Lee

20 comments:

Barb said...

Love the letters on that sampler. Great finds!!

Cindy said...

Can't wait for the cuteness. Love the pincushions to be.

Ronnie said...

I love seeing what people find while out saling, be it yard sales, thrift stores or antique stores. Always fun to see the treasures! Your cross stitch looks lovely! Also love seeing the pincushions you make, the copper cup you found is great! Thanks for sharing.

Chris said...

Sorry about the frogs!
Lovely new finds!

Marilyn said...

Great sampler, and great finds in the dishes.
Marilyn

cucki said...

very sweet find..very sweet sampler x

Thoeria said...

That's a lovely sampler you're working on. And your finds are great! I love that plate!

Cath said...

Lol , you need more needles and pins for all your pin cushions. XXX

Vickie said...

Pincushions! Pincushions! That is what you are going to do.
What an awesome plate. Your sampler looks very nice Peg.

Deborah said...

Awesome finds. love the plate!

The Inspired Stitcher said...

The sampler is looking nice. Too bad those naughty frogs just had to come inside. Love the plate and I can't wait to see what you do with the crocks. I bet I know! Winks.

Natasha said...

Your sampler is looking great! Pincushions?? How did we know LOL After I read an older post of yours I started looking for items around my house to make a pin cushion... You are a bad enabler LOL

Have a great Day!!

marly said...

You sure do find goodies often. I don't do a TUSAL jar because most of the ends are hanging from the arm of my sweatshirt, on the floor, or stuck to my husband. And I didn't know removed threads are to be added. I'd need a mayonnaise jar.

Catherine said...

Pesky frogs! They were here too!
Great goodies you have found again!

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

I hate when those darn frogs come visit. The sampler is really pretty. Great finds!

111 LaLa Lane said...

Peggy Lee, love your haul!

AnaCristina said...

agains...LOL
My TUSAL jar for march is here:
http://anacristinap.blogspot.com.br/search/label/tusal

january, february and march

kisses

Kaisievic said...

That plate is gorgeous as is the sampler to be.

Bekca said...

I love seeing all of your antique finds, the plate is wonderful. Sorry to hear the frogs have been bothering you. I hope you get some decent stitchy time in before work :)
Best wishes.

Heather Wise said...

I LOVE your finds! Love the little marmalade crocks (I collect them too!). The glass jar is really awesome. All kinds of things could fill that! Just great spots! Thank you for sharing!

Hugs!
Heather