Monday, March 18, 2013

IHSW - Jersey Style!

A quick post today as I am not in the comfort of my cushy chair at home in front of the big girl computer.  Instead I am in northern New Jersey at a hotel.  Masterchief was called to provide radiation protection to some contractors for a week or two before we are to report to Salem Nuclear Generating Station.  So when I thought I had two weeks to clean and pack, I found that I had just two days instead!  Can you say PANIC?  My house isn't as clean as I'd like it to be but it's not a mess either.  I guess I didn't have time to fret about what to pack and what not to pack.  

My IHSW took place starting Sunday evening to Monday afternoon being that we were traveling all day on Saturday.  

Here is where I started last night.  I took this picture while it was laying on my lap so it's not the best. 


And here is what it looks like right now...


I only got about two and a half letters done but I'm OK with that.  I'm not a very fast stitcher and I still had some moving in to do here in the room.  I'll probably stitch on it some more tonight.

So what does a girl do when she's bored to death in a hotel room?  She brushes up on her juggling skills, of course!



I have to juggle over a bed or couch so my back doesn't suffer from picking them up all the time.  I am determined to master this skill.  Right now I'm not very good at it.  If I could just keep the balls right in front of me instead of reaching out for them.  I'll get it.  Like I said, I'm determined...AND just downright too bullheaded to give up.  


We actually saw some snow while driving over the West Virginia hills.  It was a sight I could have done without.  Later in the trip, while crossing through a chunk of Pennsylvania, we drove through some snow or sleet.  The roads were a bit slippery but we drove out of it in about an hour.  Now they are calling for snow here in New Jersey.  I can do without this.  It has been gray and dreary here all day and now they say snow?  
I think I'll pull the blinds and turn the heat up.  I packed my heating pad with me so I know I'll be warm and comfy while stitching on my sampler tonight. 

I wanted to share some pictures of my sweet grandbabies this time but they are all on the big girl computer at home.  I need to get my DIL to send some to me here on the laptop.  

Thanks so much for stopping by friends!  I see I have recently lost one follower.  That's sorta sad but I still have 303 bloggy friends left!  Thank you so much for following this here little Kentucky blog and thankful hugs to you for taking time to leave a comment.  I will especially enjoy reading them while here in my little hotel room.  You bring me smiles, dear friends!  

~hugs
~~Peggy Lee

26 comments:

natalyK said...

Peggy any stitching is progress in my eyes. Your sampler is coming along beautifully.

Syd said...

Peggy - It's a good night to stay in. Stay warm.

Kaisievic said...

Ai think that you made great progress, considering that you are on the road again. Good luck with the juggling. Funny how the number of followers goes up and down, isn't? You wonder sometimes why people stop following you. I try not to take it personally.
Hugs, Kaye

Carol said...

I'm sure your beautiful sampler will progress well with your free time in the hotel, Peggy! And the juggling--wow, I'm impressed :)

Shirlee said...

All this crabbing about snow??? I just don't understand you people!!! Believe it or not, I have tried & tried & tried to master juggling. I've proven myself to be totally inept at it but I keep hoping. Congrats on getting some stitches put in your sampler!

Barb said...

You are making good use of your hotel time!! I think your progress is good but that is from another fairly slow stitcher! Be careful around all that Stuff!

P.J. said...

You are so funny! Practice, practice, practice. What I would give to be cozied up in a hotel room stitching away. Please travel safe. BTW love you latest Navy posters in your sidebar. GO NAVY!

111 LaLa Lane said...

Love your sampler! Good luck with the juggling and hope you have some sunny days ahead.

Laurie

Deborah said...

i think your progress is great. Bet you are seeing some snow tonight!

Berit said...

I'm super curious about where in North Jersey you are staying. I myself live there! Are you planning ro visit any LNSes while in the area?

Heidi Kuijer said...

Hi Peggy! Thanks for the comments on my blog. I love the sampler you are working on. I think you stitched pretty fast.

I juggle too...stitching - quilting - crocheting - bobbinlace...did you just see all those projects flying through the air??? Lol! :-)

Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi

Heidi Kuijer said...

P.S. - I lost all my followers when I moved to the new blog and it never went back up in numbers but honestly, I never even think about it. I think the readers are most important and the comments they leave. It is our biggest compliment to leave a comment on a blog and let our cyber friends we have visited.

cucki said...

Love your sweet sampler..
Stay warm..
Hugs x

Chris said...

Great progress! So interesting to see what you do in your travels. I know that you will be a juggling ace soon.
Be safe. stay warm and keep stitching!

Catherine said...

Lol! Juggling ~ you crack me up! Do your talents never end!?! Your sampler is beautiful! Any progress is better then none....
I see that Berit is in north Jersey ~ how fun if you could meet!

Vickie said...

Hey, we are freezing at 15º here currently. And yes we have nothing but snow and ice everywhere. I hear ya! Bring on the Spring!
Your sampler just gets prettier.
Wait til I share with the kids that you're trying to juggle! tee hee!

The Inspired Stitcher said...

At least you do have your stitching to keep you busy until you start your job there. Stay warm!

Anne said...

Progress is progress! It's looking great! I love that you are practicing juggling in your hotel room. What a hoot!

Mouse said...

progress is progress :) and what's a tidy house ???
had to giggle at you juggling as a mum, wife and worker we should be good at juggling heheheh

will look forward to the photos when you can show them ... and good for you getting priorities with the stitching comfort right :) love mouse xxxxx

Bekca said...

I'm ready to see the end of the grey weather too, stay warm!
Like Mouse said, any progress is progress :) And don't worry about dropping a follower, it happens all the time :)
Best wishes.

sandi s said...

Your sampler looks wonderful. Good luck with the juggling!

Sharon said...

Oh girlfriend, the only thing I can juggle is my schedule and I'm not really good at that either. I loved the bull-headed comment...if I had a dollar for every time I've been called that...I would be blogging from my yacht in Monte Carlo instead of my 'lil Florida cottage.
I love your stitching - it's going to a real beauty! I totally get the longing for pictures of your "grands". My poor son gets pestered on an almost daily basis to feed my grand baby fix. :) Stay warm and stitch happy!

Margaret said...

Wow, such gorgeous stitching! I love it! My DH learned to juggle at some conference or other. So much fun! I can't do it worth a darn. lol! Smart that you do it over s bed. Good luck in NJ!

dixiesamplar said...

Lovely progress on the WIP...and the juggling skills, LOL!

I lose followers all the time...I don't think it is that they have truly left, but blogger is just acting insane that day :-) Besides, who in their right mind wouldn't want to follow your lovely blog??!!

Stay warm and safe...be sure to enter my birthday giveaway too.

Annette-California said...

Thank goodness you packed your stitching project:) That's what really counts:) And doesn't the Hotel have a main lounge area? Geez take your sampler and stitch there and order some tea, coffee or hot cocoa.
That will help liven up you being by yourself & your stitching. At least you won't feel alone:)
love Annette

Tiffany said...

nice stitching