Saturday, February 9, 2013

The Girls...

Happy Saturday morning!  
The weekend is here and I feel bad for those who are getting so much snow and wind. 
Stay safe and warm my northeast friends!

Today I wanted to share a few pictures of my grandmother's dolls with you.  
She was a collector and I couldn't begin to imagine how many she had total.  







I got them out of the box to take these pictures but I had to put them away again (except for the last one) because I don't have any room to properly display them. 
Maybe one day I'll be able to show them off but for now they are in safe keeping. 

I have been working on my sampler but forgot to take a picture of it before I sat down to post. 
I will share my progress with you early next week. 

Thanks for visiting with me and the girls today. 
May your weekend be filled with lots of stitchy progress and the frogs remain comfortably planted on their lily pads.


~Hugs
~Peggy Lee

7 comments:

Vickie said...

You are soooo blessed to have gotten your grandmother's dolls. That is great. The last one reminds me of you! tee hee!

Vicki said...

What lovely girls. They will make a beautiful and nostalgic display when you're able to put them out. And thanks to being lovingly tucked away for now, they'll be just as beautiful then!.

Catherine said...

We are hanging on here at my house, trying not to blow away!!
What a great collection of girls! And didn't you say you only took some of them!?!

Maggee said...

I have a friend that collected (?) Marie Osmond dolls... boy, she probably has 200!! I like all of these faces, but I think the babydoll is the sweetest! Hugs!

Shirlee said...

I'm sure this won't come as a surprise but I collected dolls once upon a time. I try not to think about it because they were worth a fortune & I sold them for pennies along with some baseball treasures I had ... & I do mean treasures. The stupidity of youth. And what is this "I feel bad for those who are getting so much snow & wind" comment?!?!? What is WRONG with you?!?!? : ) Okay, I know everyone doesn't share my enthusiasm for snow but honestly! I'm going to have to reconsider our friendship : )

AnaCristina said...

wow!! so beatiful!

Nicola said...

I love these dolls, Before we moved I too had a collection but they are difficult to display and I only kept a few of my favourites.

So nice that you have kept your Mother's