Saturday, February 16, 2013

New Treasures

Happy Saturday morning to all my blogging friends!  
~And welcome to my new followers.  I can't believe I have almost 300 followers now!  I have Vicki to thank for that.  She started the Grow Your Own Blog party and helped a bunch of us make new friends. I am so happy to have you all here.  

I found some treasures on Thursday I wanted to share with you.  
Although I've been to Monticello a few times I have never stopped at a quilt shop there.  I didn't even know it was there.  We went to Monticello to renew the registration on Masterchief's truck.  This quilt shop also had lots of shelving along the walls that she used as a peddlers mall of sorts.  Here are a few things I picked up while there...


cast iron muffin pan

Whitman's Sampler Tin
Book of Stitches

As we left this little shop the little old woman told us of a junk/antique shop that we might be interested in just up the road.  I don't know about you but I love to go through those places where it looks so junky that the thrill of finding a treasure combined with the fear of going in there alone  makes for an adrenalin pumping search!  Luckily I had Masterchief with me so off I went!   I wish I would have had my camera!
Here is what I picked up there............

A bag full of bobbins (not the box)

I love the old ruler I found there too. It was put out by Coca-Cola years ago. A child wrote his name on it in 1956.

Three thimbles.  
The thimble in the front must be for decoration only because it is really tiny. 

Old child's cup which I quickly made in to a pincushion

I got the bobbins, thimbles, ruler and the cup all for $15.
I thought that was a good deal considering I've seen prices on those bobbins go sky high!
I was shocked when he said the biggest ones were $1.50 and they go down in price from there.
He gave me a bag to fill and I went off to fill it before he changed his mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I always plan to start the IHSW on Friday but so far this year it hasn't turned out that way.
So...I have today and tomorrow to put a major dent in my sampler.  
I'm thinking I might get something out of my WIP box to work on too.

  
I desperately want to get that sampler done but I need to work on something else to break it up a bit. 

I better get started.  My stitching chair is calling out to me already this morning. 
Progress pictures on Monday!


Have a great weekend everyone

~hugs
~~Peggy Lee

24 comments:

Vicki said...

Wow, you found some great treasures!

Vickie said...

Whoo Hoo! You got deals alright! Way to go!
I love your WIP box. So jealous. I have a pile. A sliding pile. @_@
I think that would be a child's thimble Peggy. So sweet.♥

Faye said...

Wow!!! You had some AWESOME finds..... I love all those bobbins especially.... And the thimbles! Dig into that box girl and have a fun day!

Shirlee said...

Your shopping excursion sounds wonderful & what great bargains you brought home! Enjoy IHSW! I just posted that I will be doing IHKW : )

Maggee said...

Yes, you did great! I look for bobbins, but they are a rare find in this area. Have a good stitchy weekend. Hugs!

Christine said...

I know what you mean - going in alone can be daunting! But you did GREAT! Fab finds!
Hope you enjoy every stitch this weekend!
Christine

Ranae said...

Wow!!
You found some awesome treasures
I love when I do that, which is never too often, lol

cucki said...

Wow you found great treasures x

Parsley said...

Wonderful treasures! Love the cup that you turned into a pincushion!

Catherine said...

Okay ~ not only am I coming to stay in that comfy guest room of yours, but you need to take me to all of these great shops that you keep buying all these great things at!!!!!

Anne said...

FAbulous treasures you got there Peggy Lee!! I love the book of stitches!!

Lisa V said...

Great treasures Peggy Lee!!

marly said...

My goodness I love your new treasures! Especially that little cup.

ginnyt said...

alot of goodies; love the muffin tin!!!

A Primitive Homestead said...

I enjoy looking for a treasure in those shops too. Your treasures are wonderful. Blessings! Lara

Barb said...

You got quite a few treasures! That is my husbands favorite kind of shop. Unfortunately there are many more in Kentucky than in Washington.

Deborah said...

You found some great finds! Love all the bobbins.

Brigitte said...

Oh my, these are real treasures you found. I'm curious to see what WIP has appealed to you for the IHSW.

Marsha said...

Those are some wonderful finds. Happy Stitching.

Myra said...

You found some awesome treasures. I just love what you did with the little child's cup.

Marilyn said...

What great treasures you found!
Love the sock darner.
Marilyn

Charlene ♥ SC said...

Great finds! Love the jar - and the MOP buttons make it even better! Enjoy the stitch away :-)

Nicola said...

What wonderful finds Peggy, thank you for sharing.

StitchinByTheLake said...

Since I went back to work there's been no time for going to junk stores so I'm jealous of your finds! blessings, marlene