Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Never Too Many

I am finding that out in a hurry!  One can never have too many pin cushions.  Am I right?

These kind are so easy to make too....



I stained up some ticking and couldn't make up my mind what I was going to stuff it with so I didn't.  Make up my mind, that is.  I stuffed it with sawdust, fiberfill, scraps of material and...oh well I don't know what else.  It could be anything really.  :o)  I like my pin cushions to have some weight to them so I try to fill them with something other than plain old fiberfill.

So that's what I did with my latest flea market finds.

Thanks for stopping by!

~hugs
~~Peggy Lee

P.S.  I almost forgot.  I like to reply to as many comments as I am able to but sometimes I am so disappointed when I see a "no-reply" blogger has left a comment for me and I cannot reply, especially if you ask me a question.  I know I could hunt up your email address through your blog (if you have one) but I just don't have the time to do that.  Please consider changing that so I (and others) can thank you for your visit to our blogs.     ♥ ♥ ♥

23 comments:

Parsley said...

I do love these cups. I think I will go shopping at some thrift stores looking for similar ones.

I thought you were going to give us a tutorial on how to make these. Willing?

Vickie said...

These treasures look great this way Peg.

Catherine said...

Love, love, love!!!

Stitchinowl said...

Love the pincushions. You are so creative! Have a terrific Tuesday!
Carolyn

Shirlee said...

I'm with Parsley ... where's the tutorial? I would love to make a few of these. I'm a pincushion junkie : )

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Those turned out really cute!

marly said...

Nice job girl! Great ticking fabric. I had a few copper and tin mugs but they are either stored with other stuff or I got rid of them. Today I will hunt.

cucki said...

I really love the sweetie cup pin cushions..so cute..
You know I love pin cushions from my heart...my treasure..
Bug hugs xx

Carmen Sutton said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Carmen Sutton said...

Your getting very good at these pincusions! I will be sending you your samplers soon got kind of covered up this last week.

Barbara Shores ~ Village Folk Art said...

Oooooo ... I do like this idea. Would love to know how you made them as I am not particularly creative in this field.

PegC said...

Love them Peggy. I'm a pin cushion nut too. Where ever I go--estate sales, charity shops --where ever -- I'm looking at things and thinking "now how would that look as a pin cushion!" Isn't it fun? Thanks for sharing.

jennifer768 said...

Love them!I have an fondness for pin cushions.Hugs,Jen

natalyK said...

Love your pincushions!! Beautiful and creative!

rosek1870 said...

I love this idea! I hope you do a tutorial as I have 2 of my baby cups that would make wonderful pin cushions and you are right - you can never have to many!

Shirley Hill said...

I am your newest follower and I must say that I love your entire home here. I'm new to the world of primitive stitching and I just love what I see. I would like to ask you a question however...how do you decide what type of font to use on your pieces to maintain accuracy to the time? Keep it up; your blog is wonderful!

Deborah said...

Wonderful pin cushions.

Lori @ applegrovetreasures said...

I have yet to make a pincushion, yours are so cute! I have to agree with the girls above, any tutorial in the near future?
~Lori

sandi s said...

I love the new pincushions you made! I agree, you can never have to many pincushions.

Maggee said...

You are just too clever! Set many a mind to searching and thinking, including mine! Hugs!

Ranae said...

Awesome pin cushion

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

Your pincushion cups are wonderful! I love the brass tags you got (previous post), too! So many uses for them - I can't wait to see how you use them.

Nicola said...

I love what you do with your finds Peggy and yes you can never have too many pin cushions.

I hear you about no reply bloggers I feel awful when I get a comment that I need to reply too and cannot. I think that a lot of people do not realise the setting that they have.