Tuesday, February 19, 2013

IHSW Report

I'm a day late and always a dollar short.  I wanted to post yesterday but you know how it is.
I spent a good portion of my weekend planted in my chair stitching away. 

Believe it or not I did not stitch a bit on my sampler.  Instead I took Peaceful Ways by La D Da out of my WIP box and went to work on it. 

I'll first show you my progress on the Saxon Sampler.  


Well there I was last night feeling all giddy that I finally had the border done when Masterchief pointed out that I DID NOT get it all done after all!  Can you see where I need to stitch a few more?  It will only take a minute to stitch up.  All that's left then is the upper case alphabet and then our name in the space at the bottom. I can't wait to see it in a frame!

Here is the La D Da piece I have been working on all weekend.....

It's all done now except for my initials and year at the bottom.  Another one to frame up!

*****  EDIT >  I had this post up for a few minutes when Masterchief pointed out that I had not included a picture he took of me while in my chair over the IHSW.  Aww shucks, I almost got away with it.  Well anyway...here it is.......

There.  Now he's happy.  
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Remember that junk shop I told you about in my previous post? 





If anyone collects Fiesta ware this is the place to be!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I made Masterchief some pineapple cookies the other day too....

This was the first time I made them and OH MY...they are really good!  This recipe has been declared a "keeper" by the authority cookie-eater of the house.  Today is his birthday so I have made his requested apple pie.  


That's the story today folks.  The sun is shining here in southern Kentucky but the cold wind is brutal.  I'll be glad when I don't have to bundle up to go out the door again. 

Take care my friends and have a wonderful week!

~hugs
~~Peggy Lee

19 comments:

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Congrats on the close to finish! Your progress is coming along nicely. I've never tried pineapple cookies. They sound good. Happy Birthday to Mastercheif!

Christine said...

I'm in awe of your progress in one weekend! Beautiful work in both pieces.
Enjoy the birthday party!
Christine

marly said...

Happy birthday to the chief. Elderberry pie is on my list to make but apple is my hub's favorite too. Never had a pineapple cookie. But I love pineapple pie! It took me about seven look overs to find the missing border stitches.

Sweet Sue said...

Pineapple cookies bring back warm and fuzzy childhood memories, I still use the 1950's recipe from my mom's friend:) That Masterchief, he never lets you get away with anything LOL! Plz tell him Happy Bday! Beautiful stitching...

Lee said...

Love your sampler and Oh Gentle Ways! It looks like you had a fun weekend and Happy Birthday to the MC!

Carmen Sutton said...

Oh can we go to that antique shop when I come???? Happy Birthday Masterchief sounds like there were some good eats to celebrate! See you soon.

A Primitive Homestead said...

Oh that place looks like treasure heaven. Cookies look & sound yummy. I made Sam key lime cookies tonight. Your photo - nice to meet you. Your samplers are beautiful. I have gathered a pattern floss and linen but just need to get stitching. I hope soon. This will be a new craft for me. It may help if I get glasses and better use of my hands. If you have any tips for a new beginner I'm open for them. Blessings! Lara

Myra said...

Lovely stitching Peggy Lee. You accomplished quite a bit. I sure wish I had a junk shop like that near me.

Deborah said...

I love your finish! Great weekend project. I wish we had junk shops like yours near me. What treasures. Happy Birthday to MC.

Cath said...

Gorgeous stitching. Those cookies look lovely too .
Happy Birthday to the Masterchief.
XXX

cucki said...

Beautiful work in both pieces...i love them so much..so cuteeee
Enjoy the birthday party..
big hugs cucki x

P.J. said...

Happy Birthday Masterchief!! Oh how you made my heart go pitter patter with the Trading Post pic, would love to paw through all that stuff!!! Great progress and finish. Glad to see you had a moment to hermit. :-)

sandi s said...

Your stitching looks beautiful. I love having unlimited stitching time. Happy Birthday to your husband.

Vickie said...

Happy, Happy Birthday Masterchief!
Never heard of pineapple cookies! Um,I have to stick with my chocolate.
Love your sampler.

Nicola said...

How nice to see a picture of you Peggy.

Happy Birthday dear Masterchief.

Catherine said...

Where to start? Beautiful stitches, yummy cookies, but oh my, I want to go digging in that store!!
Happy Birthday to MC!!!!

Stitchinowl said...

Great progress on your WIPS. Your La D Da piece is especially pretty. Oh, I want to go to that trading post shop - I am a huge Fiestaware lover.
Carolyn

111 LaLa Lane said...

Masterchief has a sharp eye. I had to look for it and then it almost looks like it's suppose to be that way. It is beautiful, nonetheless. Have a great weekend and hope you stay warm...we are having a soaker here on the South Carolina coast.

PegC said...

Need the cookie receipe! They look Wonderful. Love the colors of your sampler.