Thursday, February 14, 2013

♥♥Happy Valentine's Day♥♥

A very Happy Valentine's Day to all my friends in blogland. 
I have gained so many new friends through blogging and I want you all to know how much I appreciate your kind words and comments!  Now if I can just get a few of you to move a bit closer to me so we could meet and stitch (and talk and eat).  :o)

I'm not usually a seasonal stitcher but what is easier than stitching a heart, right?


I know I got the chart for the pinkeep in the front from one of you as a freebie but I can't for the life of me remember where.  Please help me out if you can!  
The one on the left I just sort of made up.  I stuffed the Valentine one with walnut shells and the other one on the side is stuffed with bits of wool scraps.  I don't throw them away.  They are wonderful for stuffing!



I've been using a bit of the wool Shirlee was so kind to send me lately.  I made the pincushion on the right with some of it.  The two framed pieces in the back are from previous years. The pillow on the right was a freebie from Heartstring Samplery.  You can find it HERE.  The one on the right is from 2005.  I stitched it just in time for when Masterchief and I were married.  I've been having great fun painting those little heart boxes.  I sent a few of them out as RAK's recently.  I hope you all like them!  I wish I could have sent you all a little something hand stitched by me but at the rate I stitch you wouldn't receive it till Christmas!  I also wish I could have sent one to so many more.  I mailed them until I ran out.  


Above is a picture of my ever growing collection of pinkeeps, pillows and cushions.  I think I need to find a bigger bowl or plate!  


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know I promised a picture of my sampler progress but it happened again.....I forgot to take a picture of it while I was running around with the camera.  It will happen soon!  This weekend is IHSW (International Hermit & Stitch Weekend).  I plan to make a ton of progress on it so the next picture you see should show it.  

That's it for today folks. 
Thank you so much for stopping by and thank you for your sweet comments!

Happy Valentine's Day to you all!
~hugs ♥♥♥♥
~~Peggy Lee

13 comments:

Hillcresthome Prims said...

Peggy Lee,
I have been a follower of yours and I joined your blog because I love it.

Happy Valentine's Day to you too.
Hugs,
Tricia XO

cucki said...

Aww I love pin keep so much..
Sweet hearts..
Happy valentine dayxxx

Christine said...

Hi Peggy Lee! You have been a busy stitching bee! Love all those hearts!
I have stitched the Valentine one - it's a freebie pattern from the The Primitive Hare, I believe.
little snippets of wool etc are great fillers for pinkeeps.
Have a great weekend stitching!
Christine

dixiesamplar said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you too, Peggy!

The "Valentine" freebie was from The Primitive Hare; I stitched one up myself and what a fun design.

Vickie said...

Love all of your Valentine decorating. Looks sweet!

Mosaic Magpie said...

Love all the pinkeeps and especially the photo with the bone buttons and rings. Sounds like a great weekend to hide and stitch!
Deb

Charlene ♥ SC said...

Great post! Happy V Hugs!

Ranae said...

Love the valentine stitching
Happy valentines day!!!

Kimmie said...

Super cute valentine stitches!!!!!

I started a little one last year.....and then "borrowed" floss from the bag without writing down the color. So. Sunday I frogged it and plan to finish it today or tomorrow. A little late but it will be fabulous next v day. LOL

valerie said...

What a pretty Valentine's display. Happy Valentine's Day!! I'm looking forward to IHSW too! :)

Mouse said...

happyyy Valentines day to you too :)
the card has arrived safely .. just waiting now for the other :)
lovely stitching and the wee freebie is from the primitive hare :) can't wait to sit and get a numb behind this weekend ;)
wish you lived closer too ... kettle is always on here :) love mouse xxxxxx

Maggee said...

Do I have your address? Can I ever remember anyone's?? Cute display. You can never have too many pin cushions! Love those little boxes... gotta tell me more on how to get them and paint them! Hugs!

Deborah said...

Happy Valentines to you and Masterchief. Your decorations are lovely.