Saturday, February 23, 2013

A Few Things

Happy Saturday friends!  I hope your weekend has started out just the way you hoped it would.  If not, there's still one day left to make it right!  I know I have a lot of work to do then.

Today:

  • I woke up to the realization that I can no longer exercise like I want to.  My body just won't let me.
  • I broke eggs all over the inside of the refrigerator.
  • I burned a batch of biscuits
  • I got shampoo in my eyes
  • I stitched for over an hour only to rip it all out
Well enough of that.  Tomorrow is a new day and I have more eggs in the frig and biscuit fixins in the cupboard!


Here are a few things I wanted to share with you today ~ ~ ~

While working in Georgia I was able to score all these numbered brass tags before they brought the building down.



I washed them up and put them out on an old bathmat to dry.  I've since spotted them on Etsy and Ebay.  I'm glad I got these before they went down in a pile of rubble.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My latest "I must have it" Ebay find arrived in the mail yesterday.



Each one has old machine needles in them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I found two more old cups to make in to pin cushions....


I really like the detail in the handles...



That's it for today.  Short and sweet I suppose. 

Thanks for visiting with me and thank you BIG BUNCHES for taking time to comment.  I love to read them!  
Sometimes I am able to reply and sometimes not but please know that I appreciate each and every thought and kind word.  ♥

~hugs
~~Peggy Lee

18 comments:

Sweet Sue said...

Ya know sweet friend, some mornings it just doesn't pay to roll outta bed LOL! Ya sure kept a happy spirit despite your day of tribulations:) Great haul ya have there, mighty good work. xoxo

Charlene ♥ SC said...

Hope Sunday is a better day! Great treasures you've found...

marly said...

I love your attitude. You scored some really wonderful things again! I need to search EBay and Etsy now because I want a number.

Barb said...

As usual, you have some great treasures!! Hope sun. goes better. We all have days like that!

ginnyt said...

What a great morning you had!!! You always find the neatest things. By the way , my daughter's husband is Master Chief also.

Cindy said...

Hope Sunday is better. Love the brass tags and the eBay find. Have a great day Sunday.

April said...

Great finds Peggy Lee! and as you said tomorrow is another day... I hope it starts out great for you or at least better the Sat.. lol

Pamela said...

Tomorrow is another day! Love your brass tags! what a find! Hope you find some time to stitch.


Catherine said...

Where to start? Well, I do hope your day today goes better than yesterday! Now, how do you get so lucky with the things you find? Just what do you have planned for those tags? Love the needle cases, but my favorites are tho mugs!

Vickie said...

Hey Peg! As you know, my body won't do what I want anymore either! *_*
Hope today is going smoothly. I have one of those needle cases still sitting in my Auntie Ethel's treadle sewing machine drawer. =)

Marsha said...

I hear you about the old body. Neck and knee issues are annoying for me. Sounds like you had 'one of those days'. It's so weird that we all have them. Your finds are fantastic. So glad you saved something from rubble. I think it's so sad that America tears down old buildings without a thought. Those cups and needle holders are awesome. Hope today is great!

Robin said...

You have some great finds. Can't wait to see what you are going to do with the numbered tags. At first I thought your needle holders were fancy corks! What a neat collection. I guess I need to noodle around ebay some more. Hope your stitching today is not met with frogs!

Nicola said...

You have had your run of mishaps for the week so you can look forward to a good week ahead now.

I adore those brass tags.

Shirlee said...

So sorry you had so many problems Saturday morning. Hopefully the tide turned & you have been sailing through the remaining days problem free : ) Love all your finds!

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Those are some great finds, Peg. I like the cup with the flowers on the handle. It's good that you were able to grab those tags before they were lost forever! Have a good week!

Connie said...

I just now found your blog by linking from another person's blog list, I love your post and just had to become a Follower so I can visit you on a regular basis. Wanted to say hi and also introduce myself. Connie

Parsley said...

I'm totally amazed at your finds!

Stitchinowl said...

What great finds! Sorry to hear that you had an "everything goes wrong" day. That just means you are due for an amazingly wonderful day.
Carolyn