Welcome to my Grow Your Own Blog party.
This shindig is brought to you by Vickie from 2 Bags Full. She has been planning this for a long time and the day has finally arrived. Go to her blog to see the massive list of blogs. Each blog title is a link to go make a new friend. So that you can meet bloggers who have a similar number of followers, her list is broken down to these categories: Less Than 50; 51-100; 101-200; over 200. Although I am in the "101-200" category, (I have 266 followers) I look forward to making new friends from every part of the list...new bloggers and those who are seasoned veterans.
Let's see....a little about me:
- I am originally from North Central Pennsylvania but now live in South Central Kentucky. I moved here just a week or so after marrying my Masterchief. I refer to my husband as Masterchief in this blog because he is a retired US Navy Masterchief. I've lived in Kentucky now for 7 years and I am still trying to get it through my thick head that the whole world doesn't operate like Pennsylvania. I don't very often see chicken corn soup on a menu here or shoo-fly pie for dessert. Instead they have: Burgoo, Hot Brown, Derby Pie, Bourbon Balls, and speaking of which, Lamb Fries (which I can say have NEVER touched my plate!)
- Before moving to Kentucky I was a foster parent in Pennsylvania for over 100 children. Some I had for a very long time and others stayed only a night or two. It broke my heart to see what some demented people could do to their children and I wanted to do my part to help make a difference.
- I've had many jobs: waitressing, retail, school bus driver etc..... but now I work side by side with Masterchief in the commercial nuclear business in the field of radiation protection. It's not a 9-5 kind of job. We work all over the U.S, sometimes on a moments notice.
- I have one son who is 26. He and my beautiful daughter-in-law have given us two precious grand babies, Liam is 2 years and Abigail is 2 months old.
- I prefer to stitch samplers and designs of a primitive style. Just a few of my favorite designers are:
- R&R Reproductions
- Falling Star Primitives
- With My Needle
- Homespun Elegance
- Threadwork Primitives
- Stacy Nash Primitives
I could go on and on. There are so many talented designers out there!
- My favorite online shop is 123 Stitch.
- My favorite number is 14.
- One of my favorite colors is PINK but if we are talking about colors of thread to stitch with, I prefer the more muted collection of sampler-style threads.
- My least favorite color is PURPLE.
- Some things I collect:
I collect many other things but the day isn't long enough for that!
- I was first married at age 16.....divorced at 18.....remarried at 21.......divorced at 33.....remarried at 37. This one is IT! I can't believe I had to go through all that to find the one I was supposed to be with.
- I am a Pescetarian (the only meat I eat is seafood.) I don't do this because I feel it's wrong to eat red meat. I do it because I prefer veggies and fish more. That's all.
- I am somewhat of an OCD case when it comes to housekeeping. Just ask my family. You wouldn't know it sometimes but most of the time I'm pretty nuts about it. It is a problem when I want to sit and stitch. I usually can't do it if I know there is something that needs to be cleaned...and there is ALWAYS something that needs cleaned!
- I drink my coffee black and my herbal tea with one Splenda.
- I can carry a tune pretty well and sang at many functions in my younger years.
- I created this blog on June 25,2010. I have posted 214 times (not including this post) and have 266 followers as of this morning.
I will be offering a giveaway in my next post. It will be open to all my followers, old and new, wherever you may live.
Well that's about it for today. I hope to gain many friends through this. I have met some wonderfully talented stitchers out there through blogging and look forward to many new friendships to come.