Saturday, January 19, 2013

Time To Party!

Good Morning Friends! 


 Welcome to my Grow Your Own Blog party.



This shindig is brought to you by Vickie from 2 Bags Full.  She has been planning this for a long time and the day has finally arrived.  Go to her blog to see the massive list of blogs.  Each blog title is a link to go make a new friend.  So that you can meet bloggers who have a similar number of followers, her list is broken down to these categories:  Less Than 50; 51-100; 101-200; over 200.  Although I am in the "101-200" category, (I have 266 followers)  I look forward to making new friends from every part of the list...new bloggers and those who are seasoned veterans.  

Let's see....a little about me:
  • I am originally from North Central Pennsylvania but now live in South Central Kentucky.  I moved here just a week or so after marrying my Masterchief.  I refer to my husband as Masterchief in this blog because he is a retired US Navy Masterchief.   I've lived in Kentucky now for 7 years and I am still trying to get it through my thick head that the whole world doesn't operate like Pennsylvania. I don't very often see chicken corn soup on a menu here or shoo-fly pie for dessert.  Instead they have: Burgoo, Hot Brown, Derby Pie, Bourbon Balls, and speaking of which, Lamb Fries (which I can say have NEVER touched my plate!) 
  • Before moving to Kentucky I was a foster parent in Pennsylvania for over 100 children.  Some I had for a very long time and others stayed only a night or two.  It broke my heart to see what some demented people could do to their children and I wanted to do my part to help make a difference. 
  • I've had many jobs: waitressing, retail, school bus driver etc..... but now I work side by side with Masterchief in the commercial nuclear business in the field of radiation protection.  It's not a 9-5 kind of job.  We work all over the U.S, sometimes on a moments notice.  
  • I have one son who is 26.  He and my beautiful daughter-in-law have given us two precious grand babies, Liam is 2 years and Abigail is 2 months old.   


  • I prefer to stitch samplers and designs of a primitive style.  Just a few of my favorite designers are: 
  1. La-D-Da
  2. R&R Reproductions
  3. Falling Star Primitives
  4. With My Needle
  5. Homespun Elegance
  6. Threadwork Primitives
  7. Stacy Nash Primitives
I could go on and on.  There are so many talented designers out there!
  • My favorite online shop is 123 Stitch
  • My favorite number is 14.
  • One of my favorite colors is PINK but if we are talking about colors of thread to stitch with, I prefer the more muted collection of  sampler-style threads.
  • My least favorite color is PURPLE.
  • Some things I collect:
  • wooden nickles
old buttons


stickers

I collect many other things but the day isn't long enough for that!
  •  I was first married at age 16.....divorced at 18.....remarried at 21.......divorced at 33.....remarried at 37.  This one is IT!  I can't believe I had to go through all that to find the one I was supposed to be with.
  • I am a Pescetarian (the only meat I eat is seafood.) I don't do this because I feel it's wrong to eat red meat. I do it because I prefer veggies and fish more.  That's all. 
  • I am somewhat of an OCD case when it comes to housekeeping.  Just ask my family. You wouldn't know it sometimes but most of the time I'm pretty nuts about it.  It is a problem when I want to sit and stitch.  I usually can't do it if I know there is something that needs to be cleaned...and there is ALWAYS something that needs cleaned!
  • I drink my coffee black and my herbal tea with one Splenda.
  • I can carry a tune pretty well and sang at many functions in my younger years. 
  • I created this blog on June 25,2010.  I have posted 214 times (not including this post) and have 266 followers as of this morning. 
I will be offering a giveaway in my next post.  It will be open to all my followers, old and new, wherever you may live. 


Well that's about it for today.  I hope to gain many friends through this.  I have met some wonderfully talented stitchers out there through blogging and look forward to many new friendships to come. 

~hugs
~~Peggy Lee


30 comments:

Catherine said...

Fun post!! Feel free to come clean at my place anytime! I can feed you some of those PA delicacies!

Denise said...

I always enjoy your posts and love to hear where you are off too next. Thanks for sharing a little about yourself.
Happy Stitching
Denise

Parsley said...

I loved this post! You are such a fun person.

Patty C. said...

Have fun with the blog hop- enjoyed your post :)

CalamityJr said...

Thanks for sharing. It's fun getting to know everyone better through this blog party. So glad you've participated!

Vickie said...

Hey Peg! Even I learned something new about you through this post! =) That is a great picture of Liam and Abbie.
Have a wonderfully, stitchy weekend.

cucki said...

Aww so much fun..sweet post :)
Love for you xxx

Sharon said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! Isn't it fun to learn new things about each other?
My dad had a huge collection of wooden nickles in an old huge jar. I just can't bare to part with them because they were so "my dad". I'm sure when people go through my things when I'm gone, they're going to say, "I didn't know she collected wooden nickles". LOL As always, I love your blog! :)

Beth @ E. lizard Breath Speaks said...

i love your theme here - so fun. i love how you are right to the point. enjoy that!! please drop by my blog. have a great weekend. take care. ( :

marly said...

What a nice post! Thanks for sharing. I'm going to check the blog list.

Barb said...

Great to learn so much about you! Thanks for sharing.

EvalinaMaria said...

Nice to meet another stitcher! You have a very lovely blog. I'm a new follower and a 'Grow Your Blog' participant. Have fun at the party!

Evalina, This and that...

Deborah said...

Great to learn more about you. Fun post.

Tami Von Zalez said...

Interesting read - Mr. VZ has said he should have been a "cookie" (aka chef) in his military service.

Popped in from the Grow Your Blog hop.

Give me a visit some time ~
thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

Elisabet said...

Hi PeggyLee, it was truly fun reading through your post! I am your newest follower and just love your blog. It has an ambiance of kindness and friendliness and I thank you for that. I do cross-stitch but not for some time because of all my other interests but I will cycle around to it again... I only do samplers which is what attracted me to your blog...
I look forward to a proper visit once the blog party is over...
Hugs,
Beth P

Sandra Kaye said...

I am a collector too :):) Love the buttons in a jar:):) Thanks for sharing..happy hopping :):)

Syd said...

I've read your blog for years and learned some new things today. Thank you so much for sharing.

Christine said...

I've enjoyed getting to know some very interesting details about you!
That's a wonderful sampler in your header!
Best wishes
Christine

Siobhán said...

I enjoyed reading more about you! I can't believe how big Liam has gotten--I remember when he was first born. Time sure does fly!

ginnyt said...

I love your button collection; thanks for sharing a bit of your history!!!

hueisei said...

Great post! It was a surprise that you collect stickers.. I mean discount stickers too.. :D

Kaisievic said...

Great post, Peggy Lee. I feel that I have learnt so much more about you. Isn't this party fun?

Fun With This and That said...

You have a fun blog and will be back I just thought today to do some felt.
If you visit I will
Laura

Donna Heber said...

Hi Peggy Lee,

It is so nice to meet you. You are very crafty with your cross-stitching. I'm still making my way through visiting everyone from Vicki's Grow Your Blog party. I hope you will stop by to say hello.

Laurie said...

It's so nice to meet you during this blog hop! I always admire people who have the patience/fine motor skills to do that beautiful stitching! ;) Your grandchildren are lovely -- lucky, lucky you!

Thistle Cove Farm said...

visiting via Vicki's GYB Party and enjoying your blog. please tell your husband, "thanks for serving" and God bless you for fostering so many children.

lynda said...

Hi from the blog party! I am slowly making my way through the long list of blogs! I am really looking forward to reading more of yours! Would love to be entered in your giveaway too. (your grandchildren are beautiful!)

knitalatte said...

Hi Peggy,
Nice to be here via the gybp event. I enjoyed looking at your pretty blog. I adore the pin cushion you've made.
Very pretty.

Terri said...

I know we've already "met" but it's so nice to see another stitcher in the Grow Your Blog party!

mitz said...

,,,its been fun touring your blog.. great read.. thanks for the chance at your blog candy.. mitz_zee@yahoodotcom