Friday, January 11, 2013

ORT Report and Blogger Woes.....

Good evening friends. This is the first year I have joined in on the TUSAL and I think I'm going to like this!
There is a link on my side bar if you want to know more about it.

I should probably tell you before I post the pic that I stitch with petite needles and I use the thread until I can't turn the needle over again to get it through the linen.  I don't know why I do that.  The longer pieces you might see in there are either threads that have come loose from the edge of my fabric or droppings from an uninvited frog.


There she is.  A pitiful excuse for signs of progress.  So after each ORT posting I will put that month's threads in the big jar you see in the back.  I've had that baby forever and it just keeps getting more solid. I smash and smash on those poor threads.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I read in Shirlee's blog post today that she is having problems leaving comments for some.  I too am having that problem.  I don't know how to fix it.  I guess we just wait and see if it corrects itself.  So for those who didn't receive my comment today, I am sorry.  I DID read your posts!  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Masterchief and I received our flu shots today.  We took a bottle of sanitizer with us as we went to the Dr.'s office and to the grocery store afterward.  You just can't be too careful.  I also received a shot in my bum.  {{OUCH}}   :o(      I have been having sciatica trouble lately so he gave me that shot and showed me some exercises I should do.   I had one of those shots about 6 years ago and it left a huge dent in my...ummm.....cheek.  I told him about it today and kinda smirked and said he would tell the nurse to give me a different kind instead because that one I got years ago is known to melt fat away.  Har-dee-har-har!!! I guess that's why the dent it left was HUGE......and where can I get a vat of that stuff??  I'd like to skinny-dip in it!  

That's all I have for you tonight.  I wanted to show you a picture of my progress but again, I didn't take a pic.  I will try to remember to post one tomorrow.  I am really enjoying this sampler and can't wait for it to be finished.

May your weekend be full of crossed X's and short of pesty frogs.

~hugs
~~Peggy Lee

16 comments:

marly said...

I've been having problems for quite a while. I get a box that says something or other about navigating from the page and I click on Cancel. Usually it says that the comment posted but not always. Anxious to see your stitching.

Barb said...

Can't wait to see your stitching. You are smart to get the flu shot. We got ours in Oct. I have had the flu-very bad stuff!!!

cucki said...

lovely orts...cant wait to see your stitching..
hugs x

Sweet Sue said...

We got flu shots same day as you/hubs. Sorry about your sciatica, it's the absolute worst, hope you get some major relief very soon...

Kaisievic said...

Good luck with Blogger - I hate it when it does that! Such a nuisance.

Vickie said...

I too use up those threads, right to the end. =)
Sure hope the shot worked. It would be great for you to finally get relief.

Hillcresthome Prims said...

Peggy Lee,
I just found your blog and joined it.
I enjoy it!
I have a blog too, hop on over and check it out!!!
Happy Cratfing,
Tricia

Pat Matejcek said...

Glad you got the flu shot! I love reading your posts my humor for the day...

Parsley said...

Hope the flu shot keeps you well. I'm crossing fingers no one coughed on me...

Wonder what the comment issue is?

StitchinByTheLake said...

When you find out what that shot was I want one too. :) blessings, marlene

missy said...

FAT SHOT? Sign me up. lol

Are you using Internet Explorer while blogging? If so check out this blog post I recently came across. I passed it along and it has helped a few stitching friends.

http://www.mydesertcottage.com/2013/01/trust-me-stop-using-internet-explorer.html

I hope it helps.

Shirlee said...

Hey! I'll contribute some bribery money to get that vat of stuff from your doctor if you share it with me : )

Catherine said...

Sounds like we all want to take part in that "fat stuff" from your doctor!!
Hope blogger is behaving ~ I need to do a post!

Nicola said...

I have had the same problem leaving comments via my ipad, it is so fustrating.

Not much fun having an injection in your bottom.

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Welcome to the TUSAL! I know just what you mean about stitching right down to the nub! I do that too and I don't use petites. I used to try to rethread those tiny ends, then I discovered the tool called a Star De-tailor. It's awesome. Now I have one in all my project bags. LOL!

Suzanne said...

I may just consider flu shots this year for myself and the children, I read yesterday that we could have a really bad flu season this winter. Blogger is doing some strange things recently, I do hope they fix them soon.