Monday, January 21, 2013

IHSW Progress???

Hey there Friends!
I made some new friends over the Grow Your Blog weekend.  I'm following a few new blogs and I gained some new followers myself!  Thank you ...   {{welcome hugs}} to you all.


It's a chilly Monday afternoon here in KY but at least the sun is shining.  We had so many gray days last week I thought I was going mad!

This past weekend was also my very first IHSW.  I had big plans to accomplish lots of progress on my sampler but it didn't turn out that way.  I just couldn't make myself sit down to stitch during the day when there was laundry, dishes etc...  You'd think I had a house full of kids or pets but it's just me and Masterchief.  

Here is a reminder of what my sampler looked like before the weekend.  You can click on these to see more detail...


Here it is as of today.....


Wow...it makes a big difference what time of day and where you take your pictures!  The first two were taken at night in the living room and are more real to the actual color.  The second two were taken this morning lying flat on the kitchen table.  
You can see the white flowers or petals are done across the top now and if you look closely, you can see the thin line of stitching around the edges are coming along.  The border in this design is very complex and has more stitching in it than the design within.  It doesn't help that I am using two strands of DMC on   40 count. Yes that's right.
I said 40 COUNT!!  
How crazy am I?  I don't know why I decided to do that.  I started this one a few years ago.  The stitches are very crowded but I think they give it a "rich" look.  
Yeah ... I  meant to do that.  A rich look.  


All was not lost this weekend though.  I still did stitchy-related things. Does that count?  I framed a little piece I finished in 2011.  





It's ABCD by La D Da.  
Shortly after stitching this it began a journey as a traveling pattern with a journal for those who were taking part to write a note or include any tidbits about this design and their experience stitching it.  It was all started by Jennifer at Confessions of a Serial Starter and I was so grateful to her for doing that.  It made it to 14 of the 18 homes but never arrived at that 15th destination.  I was so disappointed but what can you do?  I am still so very thankful to Jennifer for organizing it and getting it started on it's journey.  You can see everyone's finished piece by following the links on Jennifer's side bar.  Maybe one day I will get brave and try it again. 

That's it for today folks. 
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great week.  

~hugs
~~Peggy Lee


16 comments:

Carol said...

Your framed piece is so pretty, Peggy Lee (like that tablecloth that it's on, too!!)...

Cathy said...

Lovely stitching and great framing on the ABCD!
Cathy

Vickie said...

Good for you Peg, getting that framed. I still need to frame up the La D Da piece you gave me the pattern for, that is completed. Just sitting there all sad like. :( Weird how ya gotta get psyched up to frame a piece isn't it?

cucki said...

Your stitching is looking so sweet..
Wow your framed the piece by yourself ..it us so pretty well done
I am also waiting for the pattern to arrive..I hope it come soon then I can stitch it too..
Love cucki x

P.J. said...

Progress is progress at any rate. :-) your La-D-Da piece looks great. Nice framing.

Sweet Sue said...

Good to see you pinning & framing, your finish looks great up on the wall! Thx for link to traveling La D Da, enjoyed seeing the variety of pretty finishes:)

Kaisievic said...

Yep, framing something counts as stitching in my book! Silly me, I forgot all about IHSW this time around- too busy blog partying!

Myra said...

You accomplished a lot this weekend. I am really bummed the traveling pattern package was lost. I really enjoyed it and writing in your journal. Where was it last seen?

Nicola said...

Well done on your framing, it looks great. I rarely find that scheduled "me" time ever takes place, someting always interrupts.

Lee said...

Way to go with framing ABCD! I have it in my "to be framed" pile. I'm loving your sampler work!

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Looks like a successful weekend to me! Great job on the framing. I love that little piece. Very cute!

Maggee said...

I was the second stitcher of your Traveling Pattern. Did not know it got lost... bummer!! Your last post before this told me lots about you... great post! Your sampler is coming along great! Over 40, huh? Brave, brave girl! Hugs!

Catherine said...

My ABCD is still hanging in the shop!! I'll save to bring that home one of these days. What a bummer about the package being lost ~ fingers crossed that it will show up.
You are moving along on that sampler ~ it's going to be a stunning finish!

Kate said...

Lovely stitching and framing! Well done you :)

Suzanne said...

Nice work on the sampler and an excellent job with the framing!

Mouse said...

I was the next one on the list after cucki and gutted it hasn't turned up yet but we still haven't given up hope ....
love your version and glad you have got it up to be admired :) love mouse xxxxx