Tuesday, January 15, 2013

A Little Organization Please....

It's a chilly Tuesday morning here in southern Kentucky.  
I was quickly spoiled by those few warm days we had.  

Being organized was never one of my strong points but I think I have finally made some sense of things. 

 I know I will probably move stuff around some more but this is where it's at right now. 


The last cupboard on the end is the "new" one.  We couldn't believe the good deal we got on it.  Sometimes you can really find a treasure at those Peddler's Malls! 


My intent with this latest effort of becoming more organized was to stop worrying about displaying my goodies as much as making things more functional.  Well I'm sorry to say I don't think I accomplished that.  Nevertheless it looks good enough for now.  At least I can walk through the room without tripping over everything now!  


I did manage to organize my linens a bit though.  See the two baskets on the middle shelf?  The pieces of linen are categorized according to count.  It's better than the stacks of chaos I had before!

I even put a couple things underneath.


The crock has some miscellaneous pieces of linens and grunge attempts.  The fishing basket has my big roll of jute in it with the start coming out the hole in the top.  Clever, huh?  

I made good use of the magazine holders I made last year.  Was that last year?  

 
I could probably use a couple more of these but this will do for now.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I took a little break from my Saxon Sampler to try my hand at a scissor fob.  The first one I made didn't turn out as well as I'd liked but that's the perfectionist in me.  The second one is just a little bit better but I still have a lot of learning to do. 



The first fob was a strawberry but when I sat down to try it again I skipped the green part at the top and turned it in to a heart instead.  The back is a tiny over-one heart. I thought it would be appropriate to put it on my heart scissors. 
I wasn't going to show you this one but here is my first attempt......



The stitches around the edges are very crude.  Hopefully with practice that will improve. 
Again, the back is over-one.  


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I promised a pic of my Saxon Sampler progress.  

Hannelore Orkis's Saxon Sampler
JCS May-June 1989
Vol. 7 No. 1
Here it is with a yard stick propped up next to it so you can get an idea of how big it will be...


The white flowers are driving me nuts because the color is so close to the linen. I am determined to get them all done and out of the way before going on to anything else. 

See the little fuzzy white petal in the upper left corner? 
FROGS!!!  


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


While I was in the living room taking these pictures I thought I'd show you the cabinet I  sacrificed lovingly gave up. 


Before you get any ideas that this is his entire collection....clear that thought from your mind!  
While this has certainly thinned out a good portion of the clutter beautiful collection in my kitchen, this is by no means all of them. 




This post was originally intended to be all about the Grow Your Own Blog coming up this weekend but that will have to be the next one.  I'm sure you have probably read about it on someone else's blog by now.  You can read all about it HERE.  It has really turned in to a big party!  
I will have a giveaway (don't know what yet, stay tuned) and you'll learn a few things about me.  

Still having problems leaving comments.  I think I will just send a quick email when I'm not sure if the comment will post.  

Big {{HUGS}} to my new followers.  Thank you for taking a moment to visit with me and thank you for your lovely comments.  They do so encourage me!  

~hugs
~~Peggy Lee

17 comments:

Vickie said...

Wow! You two have such nice collections. You know Peg, I have realized that practice and time have helped me get better at finishing. The fobs are cute. Saxon Sampler is stunning. Good for you!

cucki said...

Wowwww very pretty collections...
Your stitching is so pretty..
Hugs x

Mouse said...

oooo lots of nice goodies to look at there and I think you have managed very nicely to make it organised and functional :)
cute fobs too :) love mouse xxxxx

Penny said...

I love your different cupboards and collections! I think your scissor fob turned out great! And Saxon Sampler is just beautiful!

Natasha said...

I love your cabinets!! We have a huge flea market near by and I really want to go and look for a few Older pieces. Great job so far on Saxon!!

Sweet Sue said...

Great post PeggyLee, loved it all:)

My Blog

Faye said...

What eye candy!!!!!!

P.J. said...

You know I love those cupboards. I know I am enjoying getting all my things organized in my new stitching room. Your BAP is looking nice; once you get the tough part (white) done it will probably really move right along. I am impressed with all you have done already. You rock. Nice jars Masterchief.

Robin said...

Oh my! I think you underestimate yourself. You seem very organized indeed. Your saxon sampler looks very nice. Kind of a different border. Will look forward to seeing your progress.

Catherine said...

I am in love with all of your cabinets!! And all of MC's jars!! Okay, and with your scissors fobs!!

Barb said...

Your organizing is really coming along! The new sampler is so pretty.

Carol said...

Oh, Peggy--I just love all of those wonderful cabinets of yours. What storage possibilities they hold!! I, too, organize my linen by count and it works quite well. I just need more space--what stitcher doesn't?!

I think your fobs look great--not sure what you think is wrong with either... And your sampler is coming all beautifully!

Shirlee said...

I love all your cabinets! Whenever I got to a Peddler's Mall, all I find is dust. Of course I'd be quite upset to find something like one of those cabinets since John just HAD to trade in our big van the year before last & get an SUV instead. Does it sound like this is a sore point for me? I'm loving the ice this morning : )

Charlene ♥ SC said...

Looks like you have gotten organized and ready to stitch up a storm. Frogs, buttons, strawberries and more! Nice collections going on over there. Enjoy your sampler, too.

marly said...

Oh man. You're organizing. And I'm not. Damn. I think your fobs are fine! I gave away about as many jars as that cupboard holds.

Nicola said...

Well done on you sorting out, never an easy task, but worth it when complete.

Suzanne said...

You have some beautiful display furniture and so many lovely collectables. Nice work on the fobs and sampler.