Thursday, January 3, 2013

2013 TUSAL and Grow Your Blog!

Happy New Year to all my blogging friends out there!  

First off I'd like to sincerely thank you ALL for the new friendships I have made through this blog. I have had the pleasure of meeting a few of you in person as well.  I appreciate the time you take to leave comments here because I know the dedication keeping a blog up and running requires.  There have been many times when I've thought of hanging it up but then I read one of your comments of encouragement and I jump right back in the saddle.  Besides...I would really miss you!  :o)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OK...now on to today's business.
I've been watching a lot of you posting pictures of your ORT jars each month and I think I'd like to give this crazy thing a whirl.  I must warn you though...I've been using the same jar for a couple years now.  I just keep smashing it down.  It's a pretty solid chunk of threads.  I threw in those little wrappers you find on some threads in there as well as all those furry frog droppings (there are a bunch of 'em).  You can click HERE to learn all about it.  I have also put the link on my sidebar.  

So without any further adieu, here she is......

 I'll try to be faithful in posting a monthly picture but it might be difficult during those times when I'm traveling for work.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Another blogger adventure I have been looking forward to is called "Grow Your Own Blog".  It is the brain child of Vicki from 2 Bags Full.  You can read all about it HERE.  There are over 150 blogs signed up so far.  This is a wonderful way to meet fellow bloggers.  Please consider it.  I hope to see you there!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I cleaned off my bookshelves to make room for Masterchief's growing Ball jar collection and now I have several books I would like to share with you.  If you are interested in any of these books just send me an email and I'll be glad to send them to you. 

Just click on the picture to see it more clearly.  I hope you can read the titles good enough.  

Here is what my shelves look like now.......

I am still nagging encouraging Masterchief to find a suitable display case for them so I can reclaim some of my kitchen space. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

While in PA, my mother gave me a few of my grandmother's dolls.  She collected them and had hundreds of them in her house. I have most of them still in the box but here is one of them....

I will post more pictures of the others when I unpack them.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wanted to share a picture of my progress on the Saxon Sampler but I didn't get to take one yet.  I'll do that soon.  Right now I am stitching with the white thread and it's slow going.  The shade is not much different than the linen so it's playing tricks with me.  I have added a few of those frog droppings to my ORT jar recently.  :o(

My stomach is grumbling because it wants fed.  I think it's soup tonight.  The sun is out today but I'm cold and in need of something warm in my tummy. 

Thank you for visiting with me today.  I cherish your comments and try to reply to as many as I can. 

Until next time - - - -
Curl up in your favorite stitching nook and try to keep warm if you are on this side of the lake.  Soon we will be enjoying warm weather as our friends are now over there!

~hugs
~~Peggy Lee

16 comments:

Countrywoman said...

how very cool. I think I'll join in on the fun of the blog grow. Those dolls are adorable.

Vicki said...

The display of your DH jars is terrific. I collect jars too. They just seem so cozy to me. The doll is beautiful and if you have several more you must have quite a collection. How neat that you were able to receive something that your grandmother loved. Happy New Year!

Barb said...

Your shelves look great! It is so hard for us collector types to have room for all the collections. I am rotating mine!

marly said...

Frog droppings. Love it! The jar collection has some nice older shapes in it. I gave away about 2 dozen of the old blue jars to my nephew's fiance, who later broke up with him. And I have one that is an amethyst hue from the sun. Somewhere!

Pat Matejcek said...

Peggy Sue I would be interested in the James Patterson ones. I love his books. It is freezing here in Pa. I have been reading and stitching. Thanks.
Pat
p.matejcek@yahoo.com

Brigitte said...

Your shelves look really great with the jars that you displayed on them. Great idea.

Jane Henley said...

Ball jars make the best canisters if you like the look and I do and there are about 16 in my stock of all different shades and sizes. Cheers to having Ball's. heck I even have a Ball wine glass, now there's one to say Cheers to.
As always, I do the tipp'n today and one for you too.

Chris said...

Happy New Year Peggy Lee!
So glad that you haven't hung it up. I love seeing your updates.
Your collections are lovely. That doll is gorgeous.

Charlene ♥ SC said...

Have fun with your new endeavors - and don't give up the blog. Remember, it's your blog to post what and WHEN you wish! Love the jar collection - don't recall seeing one like the brown with lock top before.
Be well, stay safe, and Happy 2013!

Ma Teakettle said...

Happy New Year Peggy Lee :)
I am awed by your collections, and had to giggle at myself because I never thought of using all of those Ball jars (from my failed attempt at canning) that are sitting shamefully in my garage, for organizing...brilliant! And thank you Masterchief for that too...lol.
Hugs and great job reclaiming the kitchen space!
Ma

Vickie said...

Wow! Your grandmother had hundreds of dolls?!? And the guys in this house complain about my poodle collection! Well!! I need not worry obviously. ;)

wranglerkate said...

How generous to offer your books. If they're still available, I'm interested in the James Patterson titles. My email address is gmsgoddess@gmail.com. Thanks very much. Happy New Year to you and your family! Kae

vicki said...

Peggy - you are all set - just loaded in for my Grow Your Blog party. Updates are on my blog - see you on the 19th
Vicki

Catherine said...

Happy New Years! You know you could never hang up blogging ~ I wouldn't let you! Love the display ~ what's my "My Ways" picture doing in your house!?! To explains why I haven't been able to find it here anywhere! What a beautiful doll! You know, my boys don't like to sleep alone in my old bedroom at my parents because my mom now has a few old dolls in there and according to the boys, they are creepy.

Terri Overton said...

Oh, I would love to have Watership Down. I was thinking about it the other day.

Thanks for the link to Grow Your Blog. I have so very few readers (maybe because I don't post everyday?).

Terri
thisisterri.com

Nicola said...

How wonderful to have your grandmorther's dolls. I would love to see photos of them.