Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Greetings dear friends!  I trust you all had a wonderful Christmas.  Time has gone by so quickly for us here.  We have been on the road since August and before I knew it, Christmas was here!  I didn't even send one Christmas card out and I feel bad about that.  I received a beautiful card and sweet holiday wishes from Sweet Sue.  I am so thankful for the friends I have met through blogging.  I also received a couple gifts that I want to share with you now.  

Shirlee from Easily Influenced Stitcher sent me this pinkeep that she made so beautifully.

I love the primitive look of this.  Shirlee added a rusted pin and jingle bell to it to finish the look.  I have to say here after reading a few posts on Shirlee's blog about how she has had so much trouble finishing her pieces I now know she finishes her things very beautifully and professionally.  I could take a lesson from her! Thank you so much Shirlee for thinking of me.  I will treasure this always. 

I received this next gift from Cath of The Stitchin' Chicken.  She must know that I like the colors blue and white together because she made me this beautiful little pin pillow in sampler fashion.

I am always drawn to pieces with letters and numbers so this will fit right in.  I just love it Cath!  I thank you so much.  Your timing was perfect because I received it in the mail on Christmas Eve.  


While visiting family in PA my mother gave me a few dolls that belonged to my grandmother.  I will put a few other pictures on a future post of the other beautiful dolls but for now I want to show you just one. 

When I first pulled him out of the box I said "no thanks" but he grew on me.  We picked up an outfit from the infant section at Walmart and it was a tight squeeze.  He's a bit too chunky for the newborn size!

On our travels this Fall we picked up a few things from antique/thrift stores.  Of course you know we were suffering from a shortage of Ball jars (NOT) so we picked up a few more.
They are waiting for Masterchief to find a proper display case to put them in.  

I found a few things for me too.....
....a couple more old sewing baskets that I like to collect, some old lace and some wooden thread spools all with black thread on them.  

I am slowly finding my stitching mojo.  I picked up the Saxon Sampler and have put a few stitches in it.
I was very relieved when the thin line that is part of the border actually met the other end perfectly.  I'm sure some of you know that sinking feeling when it DOES NOT!  

Back in November, Lisa from The Inspired Stitcher did a post that mentioned this book about samplers.  She would make a good sales lady because after reading about it I knew I had to have it.  Masterchief found a good deal online and I was thrilled when it arrived in the mail.  

I have read the entire book from cover to cover already.  It is so interesting to look in to the lives of those young girls (and two boys) and to get to know them a little bit through their needlework.  I learned a lot with this book and would recommend it to anyone!


I'll leave you with one last picture.  I can't help it!  

I had to get all my lovin' time in before it was time to come back home.  She so precious!  

Well that's about it for this post my friends. Thank you for visiting and I wish you all a very blessed beginning to your New Year.  Where did the time go anyway?  It seems the older I get the faster time flies. 

Till next time....
~hugs
~~Peggy Lee

14 comments:

Jennifer Gail said...

That's one precious picture of you and the little bundle:)

Catherine said...

The cutest doll if all is in the last picture with you!! You received some lovely goodies ~ aren't stitching friends the best!
Hugs!

Mouse said...

hope you had a wonderful Christmas and have a very merry stitchy new year ... your goodies are gorgeous but the wee one is priceless ... lovely photo of the two of you :) love mouse xxxxx

Brigitte said...

Good for you that your stitching mojo is comeing back so that you can continue stitching on your beautiful sampler.
Enjoy all your gifts!

Mimi said...

Congrats on the beautiful baby! I am sure Liam is thrilled to be a big brother. All the best to you & the family.
Mimi

Chris said...

Hey Peggy Lee!
So nice to have an update from you. Lovely pic of you and the new grand :)
What sweet gifts from friends. Lovely stitching too. I hope that your mojo returns soon in full force.
Hugs & wishing you a wonderful 2013.

Vickie said...

Hello Grandma!! She is just beautiful. And so is your Saxon Sampler. Your gifts are great too.

Cath said...

Good timing then ,lol. Glad you like it .
Abby is so gorgeous , not sure how you could bear to leave them all .XXX

Nicola said...

I hope that in a few days I will be able to cuddle my first grandchild.

Anne said...

What a lovely post Peggy Lee! Very sweet gifts from your friends and beautiful treasures from your grandmother. Your granddaughter is so teeny and sweet! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Oh, I looove your Saxon sampler. It is stunning! That book might be good for me to get too :D

Carol said...

Ah, you saved the best photo 'til last, Peggy Lee--such a precious little granddaughter!! You are so very blessed :)

The Inspired Stitcher said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed the book. It's a good one isn't it?! I'm glad you had a good holiday and you got to get some snuggles in too. Hugs!

StitchinByTheLake said...

Peggy I'd love to know what you think is a good price for the blue Ball jars. I have several but want to pick up a few more if I can find some. It's been years since I bought any so I have no idea what I should pay. blessings, marlene

Suzanne said...

What a precious photo, I bet it was hard to leave.

Nice finds, gifts and stitching!