Wednesday, November 14, 2012

A Hint for Joy...

Ohhhh...I had to stop and think for a while of what day this is.  I should know this because tomorrow we are headed to PA.  Laymie's due date is the 25th.  I don't want to miss the birth of my precious granddaughter!  I am also so excited to give my little Liam a squeeze.  I miss him so much.  He's getting so big.

I realized that I didn't give so much as a hint of what Joy won with my giveaway.  I took a few pictures last night before I packaged it up but the pictures I took were of EVERYTHING.  That's no hint....that's just plain giving it away.  So I took another pic today......


Seems I went from one extreme to the other with the "hint" pic.  I wrapped it all up this morning and took it right to the post office to send it on it's way to Joy.  The only hints I can think to give are..

~ I  made one of the items during the summer and blogged about it.
~ I picked up a couple of the items at a really neat store called World Market in Georgia.  We don't have them here as far as I know.  I love to browse that store!

I am at a loss for another hint.  I hope Joy enjoys her box of goodies as much as I enjoyed putting it together.

While I was in town yesterday I stopped at the two antique/peddler's malls I like to visit.

Look what I found!


Masterchief  googled Gene and Glenn.  They had a radio show years and years ago that was very popular.  We listened to a couple songs they sang together.  This is an original tin and finding this inside was an added bonus:




I took this picture after I had already taken some of the old wooden spools out and did this:


I had to put one of Masterchief's jars in service.  I hope this one isn't one of his favorites.  I try not to pick the ones that would make him lightheaded if it were to break.

I also found a couple angels to add to my collection.  I'm sure I already have these somewhere around the house but I had to get them anyway.


These blue and white little figurines are my favorite because of their simplicity.  I don't care for painted on eyes or that gold trim I so often see on these.  Every once in a while I will see one at a peddler's mall or thrift shop and I know it's going home with me!


That's all I have to share tonight.  Sorry I haven't had much stitchy news lately.  My mojo hasn't revved up yet since being home and now we are leaving again!  I am looking forward to long comfy evenings sitting in my new chair with a heating pad at my feet stitching away on a sampler.

Thanks for stopping by.  Hopefully the next post you see here will be the announcement of Abby's birth.

~hugs
~~ Peggy Lee

17 comments:

Sweet Sue said...

Sorry I've been AOL sweet friend, got caught up on your recent posts tonight, loved each one, thx for sharing. Safe journey to you both, anxious to see new baby pics when the time is right:) xoxo

Deborah said...

Have a great time in PA. Your new granddaughter will be here before you know it!

cucki said...

I love all the treasure goodies so much..
So cute
Have a lovely day dear x

Barb said...

Have a wonderful trip!!! A granddaughter is so exciting!! Nice antique treasurers.

Mouse said...

oooo sure looks a grand box of goodies .... can't wait for her to open them up ..lol ...
hope all goes well for the wee ones arrival :)
neat finds ... and mmmm idea for some glass jars I have too ..lol
take care and hope your mojo returns too :)love mouse xxx

connie said...

I have the same little kissing angels and I love them..

Chris said...

Looking forward to hearing about and seeing Miss Abby.
Lovely new finds.
That giveaway looks like so much fun.

Siobhán said...

Safe travels to PA, and best of luck and many prayers for Abby's safe delivery.

Joy said...

I am going to have to fine World Market. I miss places like Traders World in OH...we used to go at least once a month. I found lots of prim/country treasures, furniture, and Boyds Bears! I have a huge canning jar, which I found antiquing in OH, full of candles. I like using them and for display. I will take those hints! LOL Wishing you both a safe trip and looking forward to baby pics!! Sooo exciting!!

Vickie said...

Neat treasures Peggy. I am praying for Laymie and Abby.♥ You and Masterchief drive safe now.

Vicki said...

oooh - I love wooden spools. I collect them and have dozens of them in various sized vases in my spare room. They are very hard to find here in Arizona. Congrats on your special buy!

StitchinByTheLake said...

Best wishes for a wonderful and easy birth! :) blessings, marlene

Kaisievic said...

How exciting, a new granddaughter. Love all of your new treasures.

Jeanne said...

So you're off for a wonderful adventure - hope the delivery is smooth and will be looking for the big announcement! Have fun Peggy!

P.J. said...

How exciting for Joy, looks like it is stuffed full of fun. Safe travels to PA. Always exciting when a new baby is on the way, can't wait to see her.

Take care. P.J.

Shirlee said...

I love those angels, my friend! Also, I have good news for you! There's a World Market it Louisville! Maybe we need to plan a field trip one day : ) It's near a large JoAnn's store. I've never been to the JoAnn's but have always wanted to check it out : ) Have a safe trip! Praying for the new baby : )

Catherine said...

I hope you had a safe journey to PA! Be sure to text me when you have some baby news!!