Monday, October 8, 2012

A Pain in the Neck!

No really....that's why I'm not working today.  I don't know what I did but it all started yesterday on my day off with a terrible headache that ended up in my neck.  It even hurts to swallow and talk!  Hopefully by tomorrow I'll be good enough to go to work.  After all, that's why I'm here in Georgia!

I cannot begin to tell you how I miss my stitching and blogging.  I just don't have the time to do it.  I miss visiting your blogs and leaving comments.  Masterchief thinks we will be here another couple of weeks.

I miss my house too!

We have taken a few pictures of what we are doing.  I'll share some with you here if you are interested.  This isn't what you normally would find on a cross stitching blog but hopefully you will forgive me. It's all I have to offer right now..............



Looking through the little round window
from behind the airlock door

Masterchief is ready to work. 

Ground floor. What a mess!  

I almost fell on my butt walking down here.
It's very slippery.

One of the contractors cutting pieces from the
wall that are contaminated.

I'm counting air samples

I managed to prop my cell phone up and set the timer
for this one.  It was taken just this past Saturday. 



After this job is over and hopefully before the next, I'll go to PA to visit my son and his family.  Liam's birthday is November 1st and Laymie is due to give birth to my grand daughter on the 10th. I'd like to be there for both if I can.

**fingers crossed**

I am so grateful to Laymie for sending me pictures and videos of Liam.  It helps it not hurt quite so much that I am so far away.

I love this picture. 

Just look at those blue eyes!
Enough to melt a grandma's heart.

The nesting instinct has kicked in for Laymie.
Liam helps his mommy prepare the house
for little sister's arrival.

He even helps her with the laundry!
I could use a little help with my housework too.


I'll leave you with one final picture.


~*~*PLEASE MEET ABBY~*~*

Isn't she precious?
I can't wait to meet her and snuggle her close.  


Thanks so much for visiting with me today.  I miss you all so much!  I am planning to have a "Welcome Home Giveaway" when I finally get back to Kentucky to hibernate for the Winter.  I think when I get home I will sit in the middle of the floor and surround myself with ALL of my stash!  I am looking forward to warm socks, over-sized sweatshirts, hot tea and of course...my STITCHING!

Until then,
Take care of yourself and stitch a little bit for me too!

~~Peggy Lee

20 comments:

Vickie said...

Oh yes! She is precious.So is little Liam. He is so beautiful.
I am still praying for your head and neck aches.♥

cucki said...

little liam is so cute...
sending you big hugs xxx

LoriU said...

Oh I love seeing the pictures of you and Masterchief at work (since my DH works in a nuclear plant and does the same job you do...but he never has pictures!)

Liam is adorable. Can't wait to see pictures of Abby!

Parsley said...

Oh I'm sorry you don't feel good. Hope you are okie dokie in no time.

Love all the pics. Cute grandbabies!

Looking forward to a cuppa tea with you as we read your stitching posts.

Shirlee said...

I'm praying for you my friend! Take care! Your grandchildren are indeed adorable : )

Nancy said...

Liam is so sweet! And can't wait to see pictures of Abby after she is born, I am sure she will be as adorable as her big brother!

Hope your head and neck feel better soon!

Mouse said...

awww hope your pain in the neck gets better real quick .... gorgeous photos of the wee on and the bump too .. love him helping hope that continues ...lol
will do a wee bit of stitching for you and warm socks sound good to me too :) love mouse xxxx

marly said...

Geez. It hurts when you swallow and talk? I sure hope it's not a virus and just muscles! How the heck do you take a photo with all that gear on? Hopefully you will have a wonderful time with family and be there for the birth. Those little overalls are just the cutest! Stay safe!!

Loraine said...

Oh how neat! I am so excited for your new granddaughter to arrive too. Her little brother is a cutie!
I hope you are surviving your job. We miss you.
Take Care.

P.J. said...

Hope you feel better soon! How interesting, to see you at work. Thanks for sharing. Bet you are excited for November to arrive. Sailor Girl update, she is a bonafide, certified Coxswain. She is so thrilled! Safe work and journey home.

Robin said...

So sorry you are not feeling good but the up side Is that it gave you some much needed blog time. Fingers crossed for you to be able to make it to PA.

Barb said...

Those Grandchildren are so precious. My only Grandson lives across the country so I know how you feel! I hope you are much better soon and home to stitching!

Deborah said...

We have missed your posts. Liam will be a heart breaker. I hope you can make it to PA to see Abby's birth. So special. Feel better.

Chris said...

I hope that you feel better soon. There is nothing worse than being sick when you are away from home.
I am keeping my fingers crossed that everything works out for November.
Hugs!

Catherine said...

Hope you are feeling better! It's always fun seeing your work pics ~ don't forget, I need one of those suits for when I clean my boy's bathroom!��
Love the pics of Liam ~ the one where he is resting on the shoulder is beautiful! And Abby, looking forward to seeing her precious face! I hope you make it there to visit!

Marsha said...

Hope your neck feels better soon. Some of those work pictures are sort of creepy.

But Liam is quite a handsome boy. My grandson has blue eyes like Liam's. so cute sweeping and laundering. Hope Abbet has an easy passage into our world. Good luck!

The Inspired Stitcher said...

It's fun to see your work world. I hope your pains feel better soon. Love the Liam pictures. He's getting so big. It's nice to meet Abby too. Be well and be safe!

Terri said...

I guess I haven't been following your blog long enough. What is it that you and Masterchief do? It looks dangerous! :-)

I hope you're feeling better soon!

Liam is a cutie!!

Charlene ♥ SC said...

Do you have a fever? Sounds like strep to me. I was thinking chiropractor until you said swallow! Miss seeing your great stitching, too. Those eyes would melt a non-grandmother, too. Aren't those new images amazing? Hope you get to be there for both major events!

Bekca said...

I do hope you're feeling better Peggy Lee. At least you've got gorgeous pictures of your beautiful grandchildren to make you smile. I bet you can't wait to meet Abby! I bet she'll be just as cute as her big brother :)
I look forward to your upcoming giveaway. Being surrounded by stash sounds like a dream to me :P
Best wishes.