Saturday, September 1, 2012

Back in the Nuclear World Again.......

Good Morning everyone!  I hope you are all doing well this holiday weekend.  I'm sure our lake at home will be full of beautiful boats celebrating the last hurrah before packing it up for the summer.  Masterchief and I are NOT there to see them though.  We have been in New Jersey for a week now.  This isn't our usual Fall outage work at the nuclear plant.  We received a call from a company needing a couple HP's to provide radiation protection here in northern Jersey.  The work is very different but the basics are the same: survey all areas and protect people from getting overexposed to radiation. We didn't get much notice for this job so I didn't have time while at home to blog about it.

So this is me for a while...

source checking one of our many instruments
we use to measure
levels of contamination

We are working at a facility that manufactures isotopes for medical use such as chemotherapy.


We probably won't be home until sometime in November.  Our neighbors are keeping a very close eye on our house for us and also will take care of our yard while we are away.

We will be working six days a week here so there won't be any time for blogging.  *boo*
I will be back in the bloggy world when all this is over but until then this girl is MIA!    You won't forget about me, will ya?  I know you all will be on my mind while I'm away.  I wonder what you are stitching and what fun things you are up to!  Please feel free to email me if you want.  I am able to quickly check my email while Masterchief drives us to work in the mornings but there isn't time to answer.  Please email me any time.  Maybe I can try to keep up just a little bit....maybe???

Have a wonderful holiday weekend everyone!
I will be back just as soon as I can.
~Peggy Lee

13 comments:

Vickie said...

Hey Peg! So glad you two have work. Not glad you won't be around though. :( You have a great weekend and I will be talking to ya soon.♥

Parsley said...

Glad you got a job, even last minute. I'll miss your posts but I am sure you'll have lots to tell us when you get to blogging again. Email is always open :)

Shirlee said...

Will be thinking of you & hoping you find at least some free time to do fun things : )

Samplers, Silks and Linens said...

I will miss your beautiful saxon sampler - I hope you still find time to do a little blog reading ; )

marly said...

We won't forget and will welcome your return. Just stay safe!

Jennifer said...

hey Peggy, haven't heard from you in a long time! I won't forget about you, no worries!! Have a safe Fall job and good luck.

Jennifer
Feathers in the Nest

Barb said...

I'll miss you but good luck on this job! It looks very important.

Catherine said...

Miss you Peggles!! Stay safe!!

Dirty Martini Queen said...

Hope you can make some time for a few fun adventures while you are away. Don't worry we'll all be awaiting your return and drooling over your beautiful stitching that you got done.
Safe travels to ya my friend
Donna

Carol said...

Good to have a new job for a few months, Peg--hope you can at least find some new-to-you stitching shops in NJ :) Take care now...

Chris said...

I hope that your time in NJ goes well and that you are home again soon and stitching.
Hugs!

Loraine said...

Hope your job goes well. I will miss seeing you, but no worries, I'll look forward to an update when you return.
Hope you get to stitch a little bit while you are there!

The Inspired Stitcher said...

I hope your job goes smoothly. I was just at The Strawberry Sampler last week. Molly and Beth mentioned they hadn't seen you in a while. You'll have to pop in when you get a chance. They miss you! Be well and be safe. Hugs.