Friday, August 17, 2012

I'm just gonna do it......

.....post, that is.



I've been so busy lately that I haven't taken the time 
to sit down and put a blog post together because for some reason
I feel it will take me a long time. 

Well I'm just going to post a few pics and a few words and call it a post.
Hope that's OK.


Here's what I've been up to lately.....




Saxon Sampler


I know it probably doesn't look like I've done much 
since the last update picture. 
My stitching has really slowed this summer but from what I've
been reading on some blogs, I'm not the only one suffering
from loss of stitching mojo.
It's tough to sit down inside and stitch when it's so beautiful outside.

~~~~~~~~~

Since seeing THIS POST on Sharon's blog, 
It's Daffycat, I caught the bug to paint boxes too!



I'm hooked!  They start out as those brown paper mache boxes
you find at any craft store.  SO cool!!  
A BIG thank you to Sharon for the inspiration. 

Speaking of boxes...I found a few more recently at sales
and thrift stores to do 'whatever' to.  



~~~~~~~~~~~

Can you tell I've gone off the deep end with button collecting?



Who knew there was such a thing as Civil War underwear buttons?
I sure didn't!  

~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't know what this plant is called but I had no idea it was
going to take over my front flower bed...


It was just a few sprigs sticking out of a 3" pot when I bought it and 
look at it now!
I'm not complaining though.  I really like it. 
I didn't save the name of it though and I want to be sure to get 
a couple of these next year.  I also want to get more Mexican Heather.  
That's what you see around the base of the little bird bath.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok now no decent post is complete without a few grandbaby pics.
Here he is 'helping' Mom and Dad plant the garden a month or so ago...


Laymie just sent this one to me tonight as I started putting together this post....



Here he is on Daddy's motorcycle.  Just look at those ears!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I want to thank everyone for the birthday wishes.  I had a wonderful start to my 44th year.  Jan sent me a whole box of birthday goodies but I can't find the pictures right now.  Masterchief is revamping our main computer and things aren't quite back to normal yet.  I promise to find them and share them with you when I am able. Thank you so much Jan for putting so much thought and heart in to my birthday surprise.  You will see when I find the pics what a good time I had opening each giftie!  :o)

I wish you all a stitch-filled weekend.  I hope to devote more time to it this weekend than I have recently. 

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I love reading your comments and I appreciate the time you take to leave them!

~~Peggy Lee

22 comments:

Daffycat said...

Oooo, beautiful stitching! I love your boxes too - so pretty! Glad to know I inspired such creativity!

Faye said...

Good gracious!!! You, Daffycat and Marly will have all of us with the box painting urge!! Those are absolutely gorgeous~~ And, all those buttons....I want to be YOU when I grow up!!! Speaking of you, Happy Happy Birthday~~~ Nice post, Faye

marly said...

Nice looking boxes and love the photo of the helmet ears! Can't help on the plant species.

Gabi said...

What a beautiful sampler. LOVE it. It looks so elegant.
Love also your buttons. There is no such thing as too much buttons!! LOL about the underwear buttons. Didn't know about these either.

Barb said...

A great start on that sampler! What an adorable Grandson!! You've been very busy love those boxes!

Solstitches said...

Your sampler is gorgeous and oh what a lovely collection of painted boxes and buttons. I especially love how the embossed box looks.
Sweet picture of your little grandson digging in the dirt :)
Margaret

cucki said...

Aww your sampler is so lovely..
Love your button collection..
Your grandson is so cute xxx

Vickie said...

Civil War underwear buttons!! I have a very small collection of buttons from my Great Aunt Ethel. Isn't your grandson precious! That is a beautiful sampler Peggy. =)

xeyedmary said...

Saxon Sampler is stunning- I love those colors! and your grandson is a little cutie!

Shirlee said...

What a cute grandson : ) Love that sampler! And now I know why I can never find old buttons around here ... you get to places ahead of me & buy them all : ) Hope you are having a great weekend!

Parsley said...

This post is just FILLED with fun. Great progress on your stitching.

What are you using the buttons for? Decor? Putting them on projects?

HUGS to that sweet baby boy. Nothing like a child to make me smile. Such precious blessings.

Jennifer M. said...

Awww your grandson is too cute. Love how your boxes are turning out. What a great idea. And yes I can certainly tell you like buttons. LOL

Your sampler looks lovely so far too. Enjoy your weekend. :)

Jen

Mouse said...

oooo love those painted boxes ... you are almost catching me up on the buttons heheh .. lovely progress on your sampler and wow the wee one is growing fast ....
you kept your birthday quiet ..lol
hope you had a lovely time ... take care and happy stitching :) love mouse xxxxx

Chris said...

Great stitching progress and your painted boxes look amazing!
You have found some great things lately.
Your grandson is growing so fast! he is so blonde.
Have a great week!

Paula said...

Saxon Sampler = gorgeous!

Carol said...

Such an adorable little grandson you have, Peggy--I'll bet you wished he lived closer!!

Your sampler is coming along very nicely... It really is hard to get much stitching done in the nicer weather--you are definitely NOT alone. I have yet to even post this month!!

valerie said...

Gorgeous stitching on your sampler Peggy Lee! It looks like you got tons done. Love the pictures of your grandbaby...he looks so happy!

Patti said...

Oh how I love your button collection! Especially the ones in the dish!
Blessings, Patti

Anne said...

Gorgeous SAxon sampler!! I love it a lot! You definitely caught the box finishing bug and you did a fabulous job! I adore all those buttons you have....so funny about the underwear buttons!

Catherine said...

Aawwww...the little guy is so cute! Love the gardening pic!
Great stitches and goodies ~~ love the buttons!

Jeanne said...

Hi Peggy Lee...love your Saxon Sampler - what a beautiful border it has! I don't have a problem with wanting to be outside this time of year because it's so hot where I live I want to stay inside with the A/C! Your boxes are way cute...I'm a sucker for any kind of cute box LOL.

Friendship Crossing said...

Hey B'day buddy,
I am in awe of anyone who takes on such a big stitching project!! Looks gorgeous and so does your boxes!

Take care,
Tanya