Wednesday, July 11, 2012

More Treasures...and a WINNER!!

Good morning friends!  Well look at that....I only have ten minutes of morning left to this Wednesday.  Where does the time go?

Thank you all so much for your comments on my last post.  I usually try to respond to them but I have been distracted a bit.

Masterchief left for Los Angeles early Sunday morning for a job.  He won't be gone long though, long enough for me to get a few things done around here.  You see, painting isn't one of his favorite things to do so when he is called away and I stay home, I usually find something to paint.  This time it was the office.





The color is called Tender Twig.  When I first started to paint I thought I wouldn't like it but I really do!



I went to a different Peddler's Mall near here on Monday and found a few more treasures...

An old Barbasol jar, 8 little bottles and 4 Blue Willow soup bowls.   I bought the buttons separately.  I have soup bowls that go with my set already but these are different in that they have a wide rim and a narrow bowl.

I have been working on a few WIPs in my basket.  I have to keep myself from getting discouraged about progress made.  It's hard to see lots of headway made when I'm working on more than one piece.

Saxon Sampler from the 1989 June/July issue of Just Cross Stitch magazine.

I stitched this once before and liked it so much I'm doing it again!

Ten Commandments by La D Da.
I messed up the border on this one before and had to rip it out
and start over again.  I now cross each X with a small prayer
that it will meet this time.

I'm almost finished with the house on Land of the Free
by Willow Hill Samplings

Well it is now afternoon, the sun is shining and I want to be out in it.  But before I go soak in some rays I need to announce the winner of some stitchy stash, don't I?  Oh you've been so patient.

There were 24 of you who asked to be entered in the drawing so I wrote your names down, folded them up and put them in a bowl.......


Since Masterchief isn't here to help me I did the honors..........


Vickie with an E from A Stitcher's Story is the winner!  YAY!!  After picking her name from the bowl I went to her blog for a visit.  I am ashamed to say I found that I was not a follower.  Well I am now!  She has a great blog so pop on over if you haven't already.  I will put together a few goodies and send them off soon.  Vickie please email me with your mailing address!

Thank you all for entering my giveaway and reading this here little blog.  I appreciate you all so much!

Now to get out in that sunshine!  I feel like I am in low supply of vitamin D today.

~~Peggy Lee

23 comments:

Parsley said...

Love the color you chose! A very relaxing, rich color.

Congrats to your winner.

Mouse said...

ooo nice colour you have picked and love your updates on the stitching front and well done Vickie :)
hope you managed to get out in the sun ... we have seen it today !!! love mouse xxxxx

Dirty Martini Queen said...

Great choice on the color! Your stitching always amazes me and this post is no different. Congrats to Vickie and her blog is a great one so everyone should check it out.
Donna

Vickie said...

Oh thank you for your wonderfully kind words ladies. Thank you Peggy. I am so excited I just squealed. Yes I did.
Tender Twig. It looks great. I always thought it would be neat to have the job of coming up with paint names. :)

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

what no pretty glasses? your slacking off there girlfriend. Cheers to Vickie and you as well. Nothing like catching the Vitamin D by way of OOTDS.
As always

Shirlee said...

That is a very pretty color you chose for your office! I have jotted it down in case we end up staying here since I will need to have everything repainted. Great finds at the Peddlers Mall! The one here in Danville never has much of anything when I stop by. I've been looking for old buttons for ages! Love your WIPs ... especially the My Big Toe design. I like a lot of their stuff & I think I have 3 of their designs kitted up to start one of these days. Congrats to Vickie ... I think she's on a roll lately : )

StitchinByTheLake said...

I'm jealous that you found that Blue Willow bowls! My sister has some in that style but I've looked and looked and not found any in any of the thrift/junk shops in my area. I still have hope. :) blessings, marlene

Denise said...

Love the office color! Your stitching IS making progress - you go!

Congrats Vickie!

April said...

Congrats to Vickie!! I love the new color in the office. Just beautiful! LOve all those wips. Can't wait to see the finished stitching.

marly said...

LOVE that paint color. All the stitching looks good - enjoy your sunshine!

Deborah said...

Th room looks great! I like the color. All of your wip's are coming along nicely. I am impressed that you still have magazines from the 80's. Congrats to Vickie.

Barb said...

Love the new color, it is so soothing!

Chris said...

I love the color of you office. I love the name of the color too :)
You have been working on a bunch of projects. They all look great. Beautiful stitches.

Kaisievic said...

The wall colour is really nice and congrats to Vickie - I am so sorry that I missed your giveaway.

hugs, Kaye

Sweet Sue said...

Wonderful choice for office, very soothing. I admire your wip fortitude! Enjoy your alone time, and then enjoy your he's-back time:)

Dani - tkdchick said...

I try to nail myself down to one or two WIPs so I do see that all important progress. Your WIPs are lovely.

Great job on the office!

dixiesamplar said...

Great post, Peg! Love the office wall color...very warm and homey.

Congrats on all the stitching progress...maybe it will rub off on me??

And a big congrats to Vickie...

Carol said...

Isn't that a wonderful color, Peggy? I have my oldest son's old room painted a similar shade and I just love it. And what great "finds" you made--especially love all those little bottles.

Your WIPs are looking great--you never know what goodies lurk in those old magazines. I just can't bear to throw mine out...

Congratulations to Vickie and thanks for the fun :)

Jan said...

First off, congrats to Vickie!!! Can't wait to see what she wins...:)

Now I know what you have been up too...been wondering! I just love that paint color, btw...looks really similar to the guest room here that you didn't see!lol Now can you come and do MY office??? It is in need...:)

Oh boy, they all look ever so pretty, great progress, even though it seems slow to you, it isn't!! That one I haven't seen..The Saxon Sampler? Love the colors in it, yum!!!

Miss you...(((MPL)))

Penny said...

I always have a hard time choosing a paint color. I love Tender Twig! Love your treasures too - especially the Blue Willow! Lots of beautiful stitching too! Congratulations to Vickie. :)

Catherine said...

Love the paint color! The name for some reason makes me giggle....
I need to come out there and have you take me to all these places where you find your goodies -~ especially your cabinets!
Congrats to Vickie!

Heather said...

Love the WIP's progress. Well done xx

Suzanne said...

Love the wall colour, very nice. Great projects you are working on.