Saturday, July 28, 2012

Internet Woes...

I am experiencing blog withdrawal!  Our internet has been iffy for about a week now.  It has reminded me of when we had dial-up years ago.  Well I tell you, I REALLY DON'T have the patience to sit and wait for a page to load!  It still isn't back 100% but at least I am able to read some of your blogs and comment on a few.  I wonder why it lets me comment on some blogs, and not on others?  I will never begin to understand this stuff.   I only know it's a pain when it isn't functioning properly.

I will slowly catch up when this is fixed.  Until then it will be hit and miss I suppose.


I wanted to share this little project with you.  While Masterchief was in LA I did some shopping at some Peddler's malls and antique stores.  I found a recipe box that I would have passed up in a heartbeat but this one called out to me.  I am still kicking myself for not taking a "before" picture but I found this one on the net somewhere that is very similar to what mine looked like....add years and years worth of kitchen grease and grime to it though....


BEFORE


The one I bought had a very much 80's theme to it.  A house, hearts, geese holding ribbons in their beaks, checkerboard border.  You get the idea.

I had a vision so I went for it.....

AFTER


  What you can't see here is the second AFTER pic of the inside.  I have been working on this post since 8am.  For some reason blogger shows that I have posted but when you go to open this post up...IT CANNOT BE FOUND!!    I never intended on posting this yet.  I really wasn't done.  

Anyway...I don't even know if this will post but I do know that the storms last week has really put a kink in my blogging.

Hopefully all will be fixed soon.  I really miss reading your blogs!

~~Peggy Lee

13 comments:

Daffycat said...

Oh, I love the recipe box, the black and gold is so stylish and classy! Great job with the makeover!

cucki said...

i love the recipe box too..it is so classic looking.
big hugs xxx

Vickie said...

What a fun project Peggy. I should get myself a vintage"poodle" recipe box. You think they have those somewhere? ;) Right now I use two plastic ones.

Cath said...

The box is lovely . Hope you get your internet sorted soon.
Take care .XXX

marly said...

I had that same box and it may still be somewhere here! Nice job. I wasted two days on linking to Google translate and it made me Hungarian. Then I was Spanish. I have no idea what language readers will be viewing!!

Barb said...

That recipe box is wonderful!! Hope your internet is up and running soon. I know how aggravating that can be!

Cathy said...

Your post managed to make it out here to California!! I really like the box...the star really gives it some "oomf".

I'm really enjoying the goodie box you sent me. I look at my wooden heart everyday.....and it makes me smile and makes my heart happy!! Makes me feel like I'm in Somerset!!

THANK YOU...THANK YOU...THANK YOU

Anne said...

LOVE the makeover!! It's black and has a start on it so it's awesome in my book!! Oooh Masterchef! You know what's the best Masterchef? The Australian version!! They have amazing cooking classes that I love to watch and pick up tips!! Hope your internet stops being buggy...I had issues Mon-Thursday but it seems to be okay now.

Mary Ann said...

I love your "new" recipe box!! And, I hope your internet and blogger problems right themselves soon.

Jane Henley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jane Henley said...

Great makeover Rocky, love the new look.

Bullwinkle's better half

Mindi said...

Love the recipe box! I just bought an old card file box at a garage sale to fix up to hold my grandmother's old recipe cards.

Catherine said...

Trying to catch up on posts ~ your box turned out great!