Wednesday, June 6, 2012

This One's For YOU, Carol!

When I saw CAROL'S comment about her son going to college at Bucknell in PA I knew I had to share with her one of the newest additions to my wardrobe.......


I like to collect T-shirts and sweatshirts from colleges...doesn't matter which ones, but I will admit I am partial to colleges in PA and KY because I have lived in both.
So Carol, congratulations to your son for graduating from Bucknell.  He made a good choice!


I was busy today but I don't feel like I accomplished much!  Well, not what I wanted to anyway.  Masterchief and I went in to town and bought 10 bags of pine bark mulch, 4 bags of garden soil, and 10 bags of concrete.  All that was from Lowe's.  Then we went to my favorite store, Tractor Supply where we picked up a lawn tractor lift, a Tractor Supply hat and a pair of jeans for me.  TS is the only place I can find jeans that don't have S-T-R-E-T-C-H built in to them.  It may help some ladies but that stuff just clings to my...well...places it shouldn't be clinging to!

Now it's 9pm and we just finished having dinner.  Whew!!  What a day!

I know some of you might be curious as to what I came to the surface with after diving in to my stash baskets.  Well I received something in the mail today that I really need to stitch quickly.  I don't want to tell you yet what it is because I'm afraid I'll jinx the end result.  Sorry... I'll let you know very soon!!

Oh ok....here's just a little peek................


Now I MUST get busy!

Oh before I go I meant to ask you all......when you leave a comment here do you get that word verification thingy that everyone is not liking?   I have to say that personally I have no problems with it.  I have never had a comment kick back because I did it wrong, but that's just me.  If it is on my blog, and is causing a problem for my stitchy friends I will remove it.  I don't want that to be the reason why someone isn't leaving comments when they'd like to.  Just let me know, mkay?

Ok now I really am going...

Thank you all so much for your kind comments about the Guardian finish.  I can't wait to frame it!

~~Peggy Lee



19 comments:

Kaisievic said...

You are intriguing! What could you be stitching? Personally, I find the word verification thingy a real pain but it is up to you - i tis your blog.

hugs, Kaye

Natasha said...

the suspense is gonna kill me LOL

The word verification thing use to be terrible so bad you couldnt even read the letters, I think it has gotten better. I dont have it on my blog, at least I dont think I do ;/

Get to stitching so we can see what it is LOL

Mrs. GraceWorks said...

Those colors are SO pretty. Can't wait to see it!

CalamityJr said...

I don't know what you're stitching, but I love the colors!

P.J. said...

Can't wait to see what you are working on. The word thing does not bother me, in fact I am fix in' to turn it back on on mine, as turning it off did not see an increase in comments. And the majority of the blogs I follow have it turned on. It has certainly improved.

Barb said...

Interesting colors, you have my curiosity.

Chris said...

Go Bucknell! My Dad and Aunt both went there.
That looks like a new patriotic start to me...
Have a great Thursday.

Vickie said...

Well, I am one of the haters of the word verification thing. I do trudge through it on everyone's blog though. Can't say I would be sad to see it go here.
Looks like you have a lot of work ahead of you outside!

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

Hmmm, new colours are fabulous which should only mean that the chart will be fitting. Can't wait to see what your up to.
The word verification thing.. naw never mind.
Be always in stitches

carol said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carol said...

Ha Ha!! What a sight to wake up to--my very own name in a post title :) You are too funny, Peggy Lee! Thanks for the shout-out to good old Bucknell. We are so proud of him having graduated from there--in biomedical engineering no less!

Your collection of college themed t-shirts sounds great--I think I have one of his old Bucknell hoodies around that I should start wearing (even if I will be swimming in it).

Your new start? Hmmm...maybe a patriotic piece or the new Word Play? Love the colors!!

Yes, we get the dreaded word verification thing here on your blog. I removed mine in the settings and all of the "bad" comments have actually been stopped by the built-in spam filter on blogger (so far, anyway!). I can't read the word I'm supposed to type in on this comment at all--will have to "ask" the computer for another.

Thanks so much for the smile--I can tell my day is going to be great!!

rosek1870 said...

Beautiful colors! I can't wait to see what it is!

Shirlee said...

I don't find word verification annoying at all. I very, very rarely "get it wrong" even with my bad eyesight. If one or both words seem a bit too blurry, I can always ask for another set but I have only done this maybe twice since it was introduced. I can get pretty militant about this ... & I just explained why but decided this wasn't the place to get on my soapbox. The main thing is that it's your decision whether to have WV or not. If someone doesn't want to leave a comment because of it, that's their loss.

Mary Ann said...

I cannot wait to see what will come from those beautiful floss colors!!

On the word verification--it does not stop me from posting a comment. It may take me a couple of times to get it right, though. : )

Bekca said...

I hope you get to relax with your stitching soon Peggy Lee, it's sounds like you've been a busy bee!
Word verification doesn't bother me one jot, I agree with Mary Ann - it wouldn't stop me leaving a comment.
I look forward to seeing what your new start is.
Best wishes.

marly said...

You had a productive day! Verification doesn't bother me. I don't have it on my blog and I get lots of spam to filter but Blogger catches it first. Too many times I've closed the window before it came up and never knew that the comment wasn't published! Enjoy your weekend!

Loraine said...

Have fun in your yard! Sounds like you have a lot of work ahead of you. LOL
Can't wait to see what you are working on. The colors are pretty.
I don't mind the comment verification thing. I took mine off, and the day I did, my e-mail was hacked. I put it back on promptly.

Mouse said...

gosh you sound to be very busy and I darn't ask what you are doing ..lol

ooooo gorgeous colours and can't wait till you can reveal :)
can't cope with this new version with the numbers as well as can't see them very well ... ho hum ...
t.t.f.n love mouse xxxx

Catherine said...

You are one busy lady!! Love the colors for your stitch ~ although I have no idea what it is!
I never used t mind the word verification, but since they changed it, sometimes it takes me a couple of times to get it right. More recently I have noticed they have now added photos of numbers. I turned mine off a while back, and honestly, I've not (knocking on wood here) had any issues with spam. That being said, I do not let it deter me from leaving comments! I just work through it until I get it right!