Monday, June 4, 2012

Monday, Monday....

I have spent the last 30 minutes typing out a blog post that was getting very windy so I deleted it all and I'll let pictures do most of the talking....

I try to exercise about 6 times a week and when the weather is so nice as it has been I like to go outside to do it.  I walk/jog (more of the first than the latter) for about an hour and if any of you have been following my blog for some time you will remember that dogs seem to be drawn to me while walking.  


I have learned to carry little milk bones in my pocket for them in case I run across one that sees me as a dancing T-bone steak or something.  These two are new.  

And then there were three......

We picked up Max.  He was especially smelly on this day.  

I also carry two apples that I have cut in quarters for my other four legged friends..........

If I forget they are sure to let me know as I walk by empty handed.  

As I turned the corner somehow I picked up a few more hounds............

Before I walked the next few yards I had seven dogs all around me.  A couple of them weren't being friendly to one another and I thought for a moment I might get my leg chewed off.  I made it to the next bend in the road though and these two stayed with me all the way home..............


We planned on taking them back to where they met me on my walk but after my shower they were gone. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

While in Pennsylvania I went thrift store shopping with Laymie, my daughter in law.  I found another stash basket.  Oh YES!!  I'm sure I can fill it in no time at all.  


Every Wednesday there is a farmer's market in Lewisburg, PA that I remember going to when I was a little girl.  I took Josh there as he was growing up and now he and Laymie go there with Liam.  It hasn't changed much through the years.  It's mostly fruits, veggies, fresh meats, bakery items etc... There are a few stands with yard sale sort of things too.  My eye caught sight of this toy and I would have paid a small fortune for it.  Fortunately it was only $2. 
I had this exact toy when I was just a little one.  Well maybe not THIS one but one exactly like it!  I have very few memories of my childhood (none that I enjoy recalling anyway) so when I come across something that jogs a good feeling or memory I get all excited over it. 

Found this bag at a health food shoppe.  It's made mostly of recycled materials......

Do you have to be over 40 to remember Dick and Jane?  I know someone who would really like to have this bag!  (hey Bert)  :^)



This post is really getting windy and not one stitchy picture!  I hope to finish Guardian very soon. 

I can't help myself....I MUST include a picture of my little man here.  I miss him so much.  



OK so I couldn't stop at just one.  Such a beautiful young family.  

Thanks for hanging in there....this was a long post, huh?

Have a wonderful week everyone!  

{hugs}

~~Peggy Lee

22 comments:

Denise said...

Boy, do I remember Dick, Jane and
Sally! In fact, my name got changed to 'Sally' as a nickname. So much so that when I was about to be married,
many friends were surprised that 'Sally' wasn't the name on the wedding invitation!
You found some great finds...

Parsley said...

Oh wow..you sure do attract dogs on your walks. Good thing they don't stay or you'd be like me! Lol

marly said...

Great basket! Beautiful family. I sure hope these dogs have homes and aren't all strays. Would be nice for owners to be responsible and not let their dogs roam the roads. And no - it wasn't too long of a post at all!

Thoeria said...

Thatnks for taking me on a walk with you :) Love the horsies! Great pics of your son and his lovely family :) I can see why you miss the little man - he's adorable! And that is a lovelystash basket you have there. Very curious.....what does the toy do? Trying to figure it out from the pic :)

Kaisievic said...

Oh, I remember Dick and Jane - I love the bag. I am not sure how I would go with seven dogs following me - now seven cats! Different story.

milly said...

Hi!

Lovely dog photos - you must have looked like the Pied Piper with those lot following you!

What a great stash basket and I love the toy.
Love the bag too!

Your grandson is such a cutie and those family photos are just so nice!

Mouse said...

mmmm peggy I think the whole point of you carrying biccies is that you will attract your followers hahahah... they are gorgeous dogs and I am surprised that they are let out to roam like that but may be you are out in the sticks and not near busy roads ???
gorgeous family photos too ... of course you had to include more than one :)
wonderful finds you got too :) and ermmmm sorry although only just over 40 heheh can't remember those characters ...
hope you are well and managing to get some stitching done :) love mouse xxxx

Chris said...

Ok, maybe you should add dog whisperer to your resume :)
It must be wonderful to share things that you loved with the little guy.

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

Funny thing about that book... It's my life. DH's real name= Richard. So other than Spot being Lucky we pretty much hit that on the head...lol I just love the basket and you know, I think it could double up as a cooler on a picnic. Just say'n.
Be always in stitches

Sherry said...

How funny about all your followers! Isn't it fun to find things you had as a child? Love your basket too.

Shirlee said...

Loved reading your post & seeing all the photos! I sure do remember Dick & Jane. I collected children's elementary school readers from the 1900s-1960s years ago & I still have them all including a boatload of Dick & Janes. I always pictured myself sitting & reading through them all one day when I had oodles & oodles of time. I'm still waiting for that day ... lol! The books ... if you haven't already guessed ... have been packed away in moving boxes for the past 10 years or so. Sigh!

Syd said...

Peggy -

Did you get to The Village Stitchery Shop while you were in Lewisburg? Such a great shop. I have a basket similar to the one you showed - it holds a lot.

Jenny said...

Wow, dogs really do love you - that is too funny! I think that I would be a little scared (I've been bit a couple of times)....

The stash basket is wonderful and I love-love-love the bag, even thought I am not familiar with Dick & Jane. Oh and the little man is adorable!

Vickie said...

They are such a beautiful, young family. :) Had to laugh about the dogs.

Mimi said...

Welcome home dear friend!! Liam is just adorable - Christian will be glad to see her boyfriend!
I know you are thrilled with the coming new GC - are you looking over birth samplers yet? I am embarrassed to say I am still working on some ( I did a couple of diff ones for both GC).

Barb said...

Great treasures and a handsome and pretty family.

Daffycat said...

ROFLOL at all the dogs you attracted. Then they start fighting over you ~ how crazy!

Teri said...

Too funny about the dogs and the horses awaiting your arrival; I had to laugh as I imagined the procession! I, too, remember Dick & Jane. Love the family photo - your grandson is really a cutie.

P.J. said...

Oh my goodness! I am laughing, but good. The pied piper of dogs! Your horse pals are cute too. If I remember anything about that toy it makes a whole lot of racket. :-)

I still have my little brothers reader with Dick and Jane. We used it when our daughter was learning to read too.

Nice basket, lady.

P.J. said...

Very cute family!

Carol said...

I just love picturing you picking up dog after dog on your walk, Peggy--that must have been quite a sight!

I'm so jealous that you were in Lewisburg--my middle son graduated from Bucknell in 2008. I just loved that little town :) Your grandson is so adorable--I'll bet it was hard to say goodbye. Sure hope you get to see him again very soon.

Catherine said...

You are like the Pied Piper of dogs!!
Greatest goodies you found during your thrifty trip! Poor Bert ~ you are such a tease!!
Great pics of the family!!