Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Almost Home

Hello my long lost friends in blogland! 

**waving emphatically with a big cheesy grin**

I can't begin to tell you how I've missed you all!  I have absolutely no time to stitch during outages....not even to think much about crossing an X.  I miss the satisfaction of stitching each night on a sampler.  I will soon be on my end of the couch stitching once again.

Our last day of work was Sunday May 6th.  We left New Jersey on Tuesday for PA to stay with my son and his family.  Little Liam is now 18 months old.  I can't believe how quickly he's grown!  


His Mommy and Daddy got him one of those bikes with no peddles.  I forget what they're called but it's supposed to be easier to learn than one with training wheels.  He's not big enough for that right now anyway.  He doesn't like to sit on it yet though.  He only wants to walk with it.  It's so cute!  He loves to be outdoors. 

We stayed with them for a few days, until Saturday morning when we left for Maine to visit with Masterchief's mother.  We are staying here until Thursday morning when we will go back to my son's.  We are planning to begin the 11 hour journey back home next Thursday.  We really don't want to be on the road too close to the Memorial Day weekend.  

We left home on March 17th and we are so very anxious to get back to Kentucky!  I've been doing some shopping while here in Kittery, Maine.  Well ok....LOTS of shopping!  How can I resist when my mom-in-law lives within walking distance of the Kittery Outlet shops?  Today we are going to Kohl's.  I have to drive a couple hours to get to the nearest one to me at home so I love going there when I'm near to one while traveling.  

I'm sorry I haven't been able to follow up on ANYONE'S blog since March.  I have to completely hang up the stitchy world while working.  There's just no time while working six 12-hour days and living in a hotel.  Besides...my mind is all wrapped up in the nuclear world and there's no room left in there for anything stitch related!  

I'll leave you today with BIG NEWS!! 

~~

~~

I'm going to be a Grandma............

AGAIN!!!

**here's that big cheesy grin once more**

Laymie is due in early December.  We are so excited!  


I am sure I won't be able to post anymore until I get home but I will try to read and comment on some of your blogs later on today.  

I miss you all SO MUCH!!

Big stitchy hugs...

~~Peggy Lee


23 comments:

Autumn said...

Congrats Grandma! Oh how wonderful! You've been missed!

I am not on facebook except my business page and wanted you to know I miss ya!

Vickie said...

Yes, you have been missed! Congratulations! That is so wonderful. Can't wait to hear from you again. :)

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Congratulations on your news! Welcome back to blogland too! Be well and be safe on your way home. Hugs!

Carmen Sutton said...

Congratulation! I was thinking it was about time for your appearance. Have great fun on your way home. Talk to you soon.

Bekca said...

Oh congratulations Peggy Lee! I couldn't be more happy for you.
Hasn't little Liam grown? You must be so proud.
Best wishes.

Penny said...

Liam sure is a cutie! And how exciting to be expecting a new little grandchild! :)

Cath said...

So glad to see you back. A big congratulations on your news . Looking forward to seeing the new arrival . Take care ,and have a safe journey home .XXX

Terri said...

Congratulations, grandma!!! :-)

Maggee said...

woohoo! Congrats again Grandma! Cannot believe the baby is 18 months already! Where did it go?? Glad your trip is ending soon...Hugs!

milly said...

Congratulations on your new grandbaby!
Liam is such a cutie!
Hope you have a good trip home.

Jan said...

HE IS SO ADORABLE!!!!!!!

Congrats on the granny news...what a blessed gift these grandbabes are and I know that you will cherish this new lil one, as much as you love lil Liam!

Can't wait to have you back home, sitting on your side of the sofa with your stitching! Awww you have been so missed!!

Be safe and blessed! xoxoxo

P.J. said...

So glad to hear you are making your way home, via visits with family. Dang, I would have tried to make it down to Kittery for a lunch date! That would have been way cool. Your little Liam is a cutie and congratulations on the grand baby to be! Have safe travels and fun with family. Can't wait to see you back on the blog.

marly said...

Wonderful news Grandma! Have a safe trip home!

Thoeria said...

What wonderful news! Congrats! Sorry I have to ask.....what is it that you do??!! 12 hour days!!! Yikes! Travel safely and enjoy the shopping!

Chris said...

Congratulations and welcome back Peggy!
It will be great to catch up. Safe travels.
I think Kittery Point is such a beautiful place. Have fun shopping.

Sweet Sue said...

Great to see you here, have missed you ~ big congrats to all the family on wonderful baby news! Liam's quite the little man these days and looks more than ready to step into the role of big brother ~ always something extra special about a Christmas baby:)

Shirlee said...

Have definitely missed your postings! Congratulations on being a grandma again soon!

Catherine said...

Whoo~hoo Grandma!! Congrats. Liam sure has grown! I know you are just loving the time spent with him. I know that your own home will feel so good as well! Have a safe trip home!

Charlene ♥ SC said...

No wonder you're grinning! This cutie pie and another on the way! Glad to 'see' you. I know you've missed your stitching nook.

Kaisievic said...

Welcome back to the blogosphere and congrats on becoming a grandma again. Safe trip home.

Carol said...

What exciting news for your family, Peggy!! Liam sure has grown--I'll bet you loved every second with him :)

Travel home safely...

Sherry said...

Congratulations on the big news! I hope you get home from the job and get a chance to rest up!

Jeanne said...

We've missed you too Peggy and safe travels back home! That's great news about #2 grandchild on the way. Have fun digging in your stash when you get back! I'm sure there are plenty of project patiently waiting for your return LOL.