Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Three Stooges??

Right before we leave home for New Jersey for work each Spring and Fall, my head is spinning with all I have to do and pack and I say the big goodbye to you in blog land forgetting that Masterchief always starts one week before I do.  I have this first week to move in to our new home (hotel room), brush up a bit on what I need to know for work, and meet with my friends in PA.

Yesterday I met with Catherine of  Bramblewood Stitches and Brett, our blog lurking friend.  The first time I met with Catherine about a year ago she brought her dear friend Brett along and I am so glad she did!  We have such a good time when we three get together but that time goes by so quickly.  We have to cram about 6 months of gab, gossip and giggles in to just a few hours.

We met at our usual place, Starbucks.  We window shopped a nearby jewelry store and then we embarked on a mission of sorts.

I wanted to shop for a messenger bag since I left mine at home.  It's the most comfortable way to carry work related things in during training week.  You'd think that wouldn't be so difficult to find, right?  WRONG!!!  We went to TJ Maxx, Target, Kohl's, Old Navy and nearly every store in a nearby mall.  Even though we came away bagless, we had a bunch of fun while on our quest.

We found that Catherine looks good in just about any hat she plops on her head...........


I on the other hand do NOT......................


*

Brett and I decided we missed our calling as hat models................


I especially like the anti-theft device on Brett's hat! 

*

We think Catherine should get this one for the Derby......


*

We moved on to the display of sunglasses.  Catherine and I think Brett should have bought these....


***
  Brett sprinted in to each store locating the nearest associate to ask them if they had messenger bags.  Catherine was very helpful in keeping us on task because we often found ourselves distracted by all the pretties. 
Before we parted ways we had a quick lunch at Panera Bread.  No pictures from there as we were famished from our intense shopping experience. 
At the end of our visit it didn't matter that we couldn't find my messenger bag.  We had such fun together.  I'm already anticipating the next time we can get together.  Hopefully I can see them again before this job is over.
******
Oh I almost forgot!  Here is a quick picture of my progress on The Child's Guardian by La D Da....


There are a few stitches that are to be in the center of each diamond of the border and I need to use the provided alphabet to put my name and date in that space at the bottom.  The lighting isn't very good here right now so I took one with the flash and one without for you.  

Masterchief just messaged me to say he is on his way back to the hotel right NOW!  He completed all his training early for the day so he could leave before noon today.  We are going to the King of Prussia Mall.

Hmmmm.....maybe I will get my messenger bag after all!

Have a great day!

~~Peggy Lee

17 comments:

Sweet Sue said...

You three are toooooo hysterical lol! My fave is Brett and those vah vah vah voom glam glasses, absolutely made for her! Enjoy your time there:)

Autumn said...

Looks like a FUN time! So nice to have friends to be goofy and comfortable with.

Dana Baker said...

Looks like you gals had a fab time!! You should come shop in my 12 year old daughters closet if you need a messenger bag,she has a few! I have my eye on her Vera Bradley messenger bag she doesn't use. LOL!! You are making great progress on The Child's Guardian, it looks like you are almost done. Good luck on your shopping trip!!

Nancy said...

Looks like you three girls had such a fun time shopping! Hope you can find that messenger bag! Your stitching is lovely!

LoriU said...

Try Staples or Office Max...they have messenger bags!

Vickie said...

Glad you are having fun. King of Prussia Mall sounds exciting. Hope you are successful. :)

Mouse said...

ohhh fab photos :) sorry you didn't get the bag yet ... could have given you one if I had known ..lol lovely progress on the guardian too :0 love mouse xxx

milly said...

Hello

Sounds like you had a great get together. Love the hats!

Your sampler is looking great.

Hope you finally find a messenger bag.

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Oh you girls just crack me up! I love it. I hope your trip to the mall turns up something good. If worse comes to worse you could always order one online and have it shipped to the hotel!

Daffycat said...

ROFLMAO you guys are TOO funny! It's odd how things go out of fashion ~ a few years ago messenger bags were all the rage. I hope you can hunt one down. You might try one of the office supply stores, Staples, Office Depot and such.

Catherine said...

It's hard to believe it was only a year ago that we met for the first time!! The time is too short, yes, but the memories we cram into that time is priceless! Don't forget the salesman in the dept. store doing the Three Stooges!

Chris said...

Silly girls! What fun :)
You are so close to a finish. This sampler looks great.

Charlene ♥ SC said...

It's great to have friends to cavort all around the country with; looks like y'all had a blast! Your project progress is great, too!

Carol said...

What a great time you three had--meeting up with stitching friends is the best :)

Nice progress on your lovely sampler, too. Hope all goes well in NJ.

Bekca said...

It looks like you had a fab time with your friends Peggy Lee - loving the hat photos! Fab stitching too, I bet that piece will be finished in no time :)
Best wishes.

Anne said...

LOL! I love the hat pictures!! I always try on hats and usually purchase one..big hat person! I think Catherine looks awesome in that pink one...and her expression is hilarious!!

crawdadius said...

Hi Peggy Lee! I always love reading your blog, it is one of my favorites. I love seeing your stitching and your antique finds. I have recently started a blog of my own and hope you have a chance to stop by, once work permits. OneXataTime.wordpress.com
Thanks!