Friday, March 16, 2012

Speed Post

Good evening friends. 
We are leaving very early in the morning. I should be in bed already 
but I wanted to show you my progress on 
A Child's Guardian by La D Da.

I have all of the words done and only need to finish the border, and my name along the bottom. 




I am using DMC threads for this one.  The recommendation is 310 and 3768 but if I remember correctly, 
3768 was too bright for my liking so instead I'm using 413.  I don't know much about the linen other than it's a random 32 count piece from my stash and it's rather dark.  Thirty-two count is big enough that I can stitch while Masterchief drives us to New Jersey tomorrow!  Well...in between naps. 


I must get to bed now if I'm ever going to get up early enough to leave in the morning.  
Masterchief starts his work week on Monday but I don't start until the Monday after that.  I will be meeting up once again with Catherine and Brett.  Can't wait to see you girls!  :o)  
Put your party hats on because this Kentucky girl is comin' to town!  Remember last year when we hit The Christmas Tree Shoppe and tried on all those silly Easter hats?  I know I have a picture of that tucked away somewhere for bargaining purposes.  

Goodnight friends....
~~Peggy Lee

21 comments:

Cindy said...

Wishing you safe travels. I am always happy when I open my browser and you have posted.

Dirty Martini Queen said...

Travel safe and I know you'll be forced to do some work but enjoy yourself!

marly said...

Have a safe trip!

Kaisievic said...

This is a lovely piece. Have a safe trip,

hugs, Kaye xoxox

Carmen Sutton said...

Be careful on your drive to NJ. I sure hope you have fun with the PA girls and don't get into too much trouble. You are taking more to stitching right because it will not take you to long to finish a Child's Guardian, that is one more WIP down!! It looks great.

Natasha said...

Safe travels and enjoy your time with the PA girls :)

Thoeria said...

Beautiful! Have a safe trip.

Cath said...

Lovely progress. Hope you have a safe journey .
X

P.J. said...

The Guardian is coming along nicely! Sounds like there may be some quality stitch time tucked into this trip. Enjoy your visit with the girls, try to stay out of trouble. :-D

Safe trip to you both and don't over do it woman.

Keep on stitching! XxXxXxX

Daffycat said...

Excellent stitching. I really like the color of that fabric. Have a safe trip!

Shirlee said...

I think your sampler is coming along beautifully! Have a safe trip!

Vickie said...

Nice work, the end is in sight! Have a safe trip now.

Carol said...

What a great project, Peggy!! Love the colors you've chosen. I don't know how you stitch in the car--I just can't do it at all!! Say "hi" to Miss Catherine for me--you girls have fun now--and behave :)

milly said...

Beautiful stitching.

Hope you have a safe journey and enjoy meeting up with your friends.

Catherine said...

Looks great ~ I love this one!
Safe journeys ~ see you soon!

Kellie said...

Your La D Da piece is coming along nicely. Have a safe trip and a fun time. :)

Charlene ♥ SC said...

Pretty progress! Be safe and have tons of fun.
No fun trying to read like a robot!

Jennifer said...

SOOOO pretty! I saw this in a shop this week and almost got it. It really is beautiful and your progress is moving on well.

Jennifer

Ma Teakettle said...

Gorgeous progress, Peg!
Safe travels :)
Hugs
Ma

Sharon said...

Looks gorgeous!

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Be well and be safe on your travels Peggy. Pop in when you get a chance. Tell the gals at Strawberry Sampler I said "hi!" Hugs.