Saturday, March 3, 2012

Safe and Sound....

My goodness Gertie, THAT was a storm!  We had whipping winds with thunder and lightening but it seems we fared better than those around us.  Heartfelt thanks to those of you who emailed to see if we were okay.  Let's keep those who didn't make out so well in our prayers!


I remember in my last post I said something about listing seven things you might not know about me but I'm still trying to come up with that many.  Maybe by the next time I post here I will have enough to tell you.


I worked a bit on MBT Great Is The Faithfulness the other day and by the end of that day I was ripping out all I thought I had accomplished.  I counted wrong somewhere, so I put it away and pulled Commandments out of my basket.  I haven't stitched too much on it but I'm working a little on the border.


Sorry about the wrinkles.  I just spread it out on the sofa and took a quick pic.    I feel like I'm crawling along with my stitching now that I am home from GA.  A girl could get very comfortable with sitting in a hotel room all day with nothing to do but stitch!  Imagine the dent I could put in my WIP basket!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Back in January I tucked a free pattern away in my new stash cupboard offered by Jennie Lynn on her blog: Appleseed Prim.  I have practically an entire bolt of muslin so I decided to get it out today and make this little guy.  




I had a tough time trying to stuff his spindly arms and legs but once I got going it wasn't so bad.  My poor old arthritic thumb thanked me for not making more than one today.  Thanks Jennie for offering this freebie!  


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I've read many blogs of those of you who love to watch Downton Abbey.  I hadn't seen a single episode before so when season two started I decided to see what all the hub-bub was about. I will say when I finished watching the first show I still didn't see what the excitement was but after watching the second one I was hopelessly hooked like the rest of you!  Now remember I don't watch soap operas.  Can't stand them.  So when I found myself waiting impatiently for the next Sunday evening to get here I was a little surprised at myself.  I shouldn't compare this program to a soap opera although I call it; a soap opera with class.  After season two was over (and that went by all too quickly, didn't it?)  I felt like I had missed something by not having watched season one.  So.....lookie here what Masterchief ordered for me!


Now I can sit and watch both seasons without interruption or being forced to wait a week until the next show!    Oh I DO love my Masterchief!  I do... I DO!!!  


That's it for today friends.  I plan to sit myself right down in my comfy stitching spot on the couch and stitch until my legs are numb.  That doesn't take long either because for some reason my most comfortable stitching position is sitting Indian style but I need to get up every once in a while to resume blood flow. 

I hope the remainder of your weekend is full of stitches like I want mine to be. 

~~Peggy Lee

23 comments:

Vickie said...

Peggy, the border on Commandments looks great! :)

Dirty Martini Queen said...

Peggy, so happy to hear that you weathered the storms ok. I hunkered down in the basement all night in Georgia with the kitties. I know that stitching in a hotel room is heavenly because there's no guilt about what "you should be doing" like there is when you stitch at home. I'm gonna have to check out Downtown Abbey because so many of you chat about just how good it is.

xeyedmary said...

Peggy Lee- I'm glad you're OK. Love the Muslin Man!

Cath said...

So glad you're ok . I just e-mailed before coming on blogger and reading your post .
Take care .
XX

Catherine said...

Glad to know you are okay. How did all your newly planted trees do with the winds?
About Downton Abby....I too was curious, so before our trip to Myrtle Beach, I downloaded Season 1 to the iPad and watched it all on the way home....I was hooked and mad that I had not downloaded season 2 as well. I did that when we got home and loved it as much as the first. I loved the costumes, scenery, etc. And for some reason, my boys were looking at me funny when my accent changed...

Sweet Sue said...

Now you're one of us Downton Dames:) Didn't know you made dolls, or that you hoarded muslin lol! I actually checked your local weather today, glad all is well. Off to my needle... xoxo

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

Glad to see you weren't blow away!
I can't wait to see the 7 things and just think, when you are sitting with numb legs maybe think of timing it with that perty glass of your coz ya know it is always perttier when it's full, and just think after a couple of cups of prettiness your legs won't bother you at all.
Be always in stitches.

Faye said...

Praise the Lord you are safe and sound....I know it was scary... Nice progresses also! Take care, Faye

Dana Baker said...

So glad to hear your okay!! So much devastation in some areas. We had Tornado warnings here in the Kanawaha valley of WV so we were prepared to take cover but we just had storms, nothing major.

What a great hubby your Masterchief is!! I got hooked on Downton last year when I signed up for Netflix. Now I am having withdrawl and watching all sorts of Brittish mini series. I like to watch things like that while I stitch.
Wonderful progress on your stitching!

Mindi said...

Ha! I'm glad you're now hooked on Downton Abbey with the rest of us, its such a great show. Great job with the prim doll, she's so cute.

Nancy said...

So glad you and MC are ok!! Sorry you had the frogs visit, that is discouraging...good progress on Commandments though! I have been contemplating ordering Downton Abby also...I haven't seen either season but have heard such good things about the series. So nice of MC to get them for you!

Deborah said...

Glad to know that you did well with the storms. Love the prim doll. Very nice job.

Debby said...

I am glad you are ok! Those nasty storms every year, brrr. I am glad we don't have them in the Netherlands. Love your stitching and the little guy!

Greetings from Debby,
www.crossstitchstyle.blogspot.com

Mouse said...

ohhh thank goodness you are ok was thinking about every body last night when I heard about the storms ...
well done on the stitching front and your wee chap is cute
and hahahah another Downton Abbey convert ... love mouse xxxxx

Chris said...

Glad to hear that you guys are safe. It has been a terrible couple of days with these storms.
The stitching looks great, even if it is going slowly right now.
Enjoy Downton Abbey!

Daffycat said...

Beautiful stitching and your little prim fellow is such a cutie! Yeah, hotels are the life huh?...someone else makes the bed, replaces towels and takes out the trash. Hey maybe talk Masterchief into getting you a MAID??? Then you could stitch all day!

Carol said...

Oh, those storms down your way sound horrid, Peggy--so glad you are safe. I can't imagine going through a tornado...

I'm one of the few that hasn't seen Downton Abbey yet--really need to get with the program soon! How nice of your husband to buy those DVDs for you :)

jennifer768 said...

Glad to know that you are safe!Love your work as usual.Hugs,Jen

Charlene ♥ SC said...

Happy to hear y'all are safe! That's my preferred seating style at the computer, and when I get up lots of times my feet aren't there.

Penny said...

So glad to hear you made it safely through the storms.
What a sweet little muslin man. :)
I've never watched Downton Abbey. The more I hear, the more I want to give it a try.

Bekca said...

I am so relieved to hear you're all ok Peggy Lee. This is the first I've heard about the storms, I really need to pick up a paper more often!
Enjoy your stitching time, best wishes.

The Inspired Stitcher said...

I'm glad you are safe and sound. The pictures of the storm damage are astounding.

Friendship Crossing said...

Yes, Kentucky did get an awful hit over the weekend, glad you are all ok. We didn't get anything in eastern Ky. except high winds/t-storms and woke up to 3 in. of snow this morn!! did you get any??

Your stitching is coming along nicely! I need to get busy and stitch more!

Hugs,
Tanya