- Things I need to clean/organize before we leave
- Things I need to pack
- scrubs for work
- clothes for training week
- clothes for when we visit family after this outage is over
- all those other necessities needed to survive in a hotel room for roughly 6 weeks
Yes, it's that time again. Masterchief and I will be heading to New Jersey this Saturday to work the Hope Creek outage. I think packing is the worst part. I make a list of everything I put in each suitcase or bag. Some things I can't pack until the last minute so I put them on a separate list. As I pack each thing I check it off the list. I usually end up rewriting any particular list several times.
Here's a list I'll share with you. I sat in the middle of the living room floor with my stash baskets all around me last night. I don't have as many WIP's as I thought I did. What I DO HAVE however are LOADS of projects all kitted up just waiting for me to start them.
Here they are:
- Charity For All by: Erica Michaels
- Land of The Free by: WillowHill Samplings
- A Love Song by: Fouroaks Designs
- Crimson Vine by: Primitive Things
- Blessings And Kind Wishes by: BBD
- A Little Quakeresque by: Blue Ribbon Designs
- Winter Lace by: Whispered By The Wind
- A Spot of Tea 2 by: Samplers and Such
- Shady Day by: Sheepish Designs
- Home of a Needleworker (too!) by: LHN
- Battle Hymn of the Republic by: LHN
- America by: LHN
- Matters Choice by: Carriage House Samplings
- Acorns & Threads by: Carriage House Samplings
- Roses Are Red by: La D Da
- Something Wicked This Way Comes by: La D Da
- A Big Flower Sampler by: La D Da
The only WIP's I have are Commandments by La D Da, The Childs Guardian by: La D Da and another Great Is Thy Faithfulness by MBT. I hope to give the second one to my mother if I ever get it done. Oh, I almost forgot about ABC Tapestry by Rosewood Manor. That's a BIG one.
I haven't been browsing blogs too much lately. I think I might have left a total of two comments recently! I had a TEE (transesophageal echocardiogram) done at the hospital on Friday. They put a scope down my throat (putting me out first, thank God) so they can get a real good look at my heart. The test only confirmed what my cardiologist thought was the problem. I definitely have a hole in my heart and it will need to be closed. It sounds scary but it's a very common problem that is fixed with simple one day surgery with virtually no recovery time!
I might be able to visit a few of your blogs during the first week or two of work, before they get in to the 12-hour days but for the most part I will be MIA until the end of May.
I'll miss you all.
Cross some X's for me!