Monday, March 5, 2012

Finished ***EDITED*** Please read.....

Thank you dear friends for all the lovely comments on my last post!
I managed to do quite a bit of stitching over the weekend.  
The frogs came to visit me while stitching on Commandments so I put it away and got another WIP out.  
That is the good thing about having so many projects in the works: when I got tired of one I can put it away for a bit and stitch on something else.  
That resulted in yesterday's finish.

My Big Toe Designs
Great Is Thy Faithfulness
28 count dark cappuccino (over one)
Hand-dyed Fibers: Black Iris Bud 'n Bloom and Mermaid Blue
I would have liked to take a better picture.  Sometimes the lighting isn't right and I'm no photographer!  
I must take 30 pictures of the same thing with only one of them barely passing to post. 
I really enjoyed working over one on this one.  I think I will work over one on 28 count more often. 
Not sure how I will finish it yet. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edgar mentioned on his blog how he only wears Converse (Chucks) sneakers. 
Masterchief had just bought himself a pair online and I thought they were so cool.
I HAD to have a pair too!
Did you know they come in just about every color you could want?

Mine are PINK...in case you were wondering.  
:o)

They provide absolutely NO arch support but I don't wear them all the time.  When I have them on it sorta feels like I'm wearing flippers or snowshoes!  I guess it's all in what you're used to. 

Thanks for stopping by today!  I do appreciate your comments so very much...I read EVERY ONE!

~~Peggy Lee


***********EDITED**********
I have seen so much devastation on local and national news about the terrible storms that changed so many lives in a few seconds time...and taking lives as well.
Last night I read for the first time how it had affected a fellow blogger. My heart ached when I read her short post of how her home of 25 years was blown away by one of these storms. 
Sheri didn't go on about how awful this tragedy was but merely said "we are all ok, no one was hurt, we will build a new house".  
Let's reach out to Sheri and others like her who need our prayers, hugs and support right now more than ever.  
GO HERE to see her blog.

24 comments:

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Peggy, I went and left Sheri a comment. I hope it lifts her up. My heart breaks for her. Hugs!!

Sweet Sue said...

Beautiful finish:) Thx for link to Sheri, paid her a visit. Will those sneaks get you to the PB Cheerios any faster?! xoxo

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

Very pretty piece at the top and just love the scissors, Gee, that piece is a good one in lue of Sheri's devastation.
Be always in stitches (and don't forget to kick your feet up once in a while.)

Carol said...

Oh, thank you so much for the link to Sheri, Peggy... I just can't imagine what her family is going through.

Your finish is truly beautiful...

Autumn said...

LOVE the stitchy pattern. I may have to do that one someday.

I had Converse shoes for basketball as a kid. What memories.

Will check out the blog. My heart breaks for those affected by the storms.

milly said...

Hello

Just found your blog.

Lovely finish!

My hubby is another Converse lover.

I am off now to read Sheri's blog.

Thanks for the link.

Vickie said...

Cool shoes Peggy, my favorite color! Great Is Thy Faithfulness is beautiful. I do a lot of my stitching over one on 28 ct, isn't it great? :)

Shirlee said...

Love the shoes. I have sent you an email.

Catherine said...

Thanks for sharing the link to Sheri, I hadn't come across her blog before.
Congrats on the finish! It looks great.
Love the shoes! Glad you clarified that the pink ones were yours ~ I would be a little worried if they were MC's!

Dana Baker said...

I absolutely, positively love, love, love this finish. I have a lot of favorite old hymn's but Great is thy faitfulness is my most favorite. It looks gorgeous!

I bought a pair of "chucks" a few years ago they are so darn cute but I had to give them to my daughter becuase they hurt my feet so bad. Maybe arch support inserts would help.

Thank you for the link to Sheri's blog, I'm going to go read now. I will be praying for her and the rest of the people that have been affected by the storms. It's so heartbreaking to read all the stories coming out. Life is so fragile and family and loved ones are what is most important.

Karen said...

Nice finish! Very pretty stitched over one. Thanks for sharing the link to Sheri's blog.

Happy stitching....

CalamityJr said...

Love your finish. Thank for the link to Sheri; I'm sure she needs all the hugs and prayers we can give.

Barb said...

What a lovely finish! Thanks for the link to Sheri's blog. Those folks need all the love and prayers we can send their way.

Chris said...

Beautiful finish and I love your pink chucks.
Thanks for sharing Sheri's story with me.

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

I love the project you are working on. :)

Thank you for the link to Sheri's blog. How heart breaking.

Blessings always

Penny said...

A beautiful finish and over one -oh my!
Love the pink sneakers! :)
Appreciate the link to Sheri's blog.

Mimi said...

I am so glad you are alright - you have been on my mind. I shudder to think what these early storms will mean for summer.

Kellie said...

Love your finish and your cool shoes! :)

Thanks for the link to Sheri's blog. I visited her blog and left her a comment.

mbroider said...

This is a wonderful project. I love the colors too, design of course. Congrats on finishing this!

Charlene ♥ SC said...

What a lovely finish! Don'cha love over one? You'll get addicted!

Dirty Martini Queen said...

Beautiful finish and I had that exact pair of chucks back in the 80's which I wore with my overalls and of course, Madonna inspired lace fingerless gloves..What was I thinking? Thanks for the link to Sheri's blog. My family still lives in NW Arkansas so Branson is a day trip for us quite frequently so seeing the damage from the storm is just too much for me.

Vinniey said...

Love your pink chucks and your finish is beautiful! Went to Sheri's blog last night; How heart breaking.

Veronica said...

Thanks for the link to Sheri. I went by and drop her a comment too. Seeing the damage the storm has caused. My heart just breaks for her.

Beautiful stitching! Can't believe it's over one. Amazing!

Hugs,
Veronica.

dixiesamplar said...

Lovely, lovely finish Peggy Lee!

Cute shoes, but my back would be killing me in no time flat, LOL!

I was so saddened to hear of Sheri's loss, but so happy to hear that they were physically okay...such destruction and pain for so many people!