Monday, February 13, 2012

The Weekend is Over

Happy Monday Friends!  I am so glad Masterchief had the weekends off on this job.  That is not always the case.  It gives us a chance to do a little sight seeing here in Atlanta.

On Saturday we went to the Coca-Cola Museum.  



When I go to a museum I usually prefer to roam around at my own pace but this one started out with a guide.  At first we weren't too keen on it but it turned out we had a very nice visit.  At the end we tasted Coke drinks from all over the world.  Our favorite was one I think they only make for South Africa.  I can't remember the name of it but it tasted like pineapple and coconut.  Very good!!  
We got to choose our own bottle of Coke from an assembly line.  

On Sunday we went to the Georgia Aquarium.  I have NEVER been to one before and I was thrilled that my first aquarium experience was at the largest one in the world!  


We took alot of pictures but I won't go nuts here.  

After my visit to The Stitch Store on Saturday we went to a Krispy Kreme just down the road.  Again....I have never been to a Krispy Kreme before (I led a sheltered life).  Now I want to know, how did I ever get this far in life without visiting a Krispy Kreme?  If we had one close to where we live it would be so very dangerous.  I had a few bites and left the rest to Masterchief.  He was more than happy to be of assistance.







This morning I exercised till my toenails hurt to work off those few bites.  I tried to eat healthy after that....

Steamed veggies and rice


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Here is a quick pic of the two versions of the MBT design.......
 Not the best picture but you can get a feel for the size difference.  The top one is on 35 ct. over two.  The bottom one is on 28ct. over one.  Here is where I am at with it right now....


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Now before I forget again here is what I picked up at The Stitch Store on Saturday....






I know it doesn't look like alot but those silks really made Masterchief's credit card sizzle.  I also ordered a few.  I really like these little thread keepers.  I put my thread on them and then put them all on a ring for each chart.

If I'm going to get any stitching, blog reading/commenting done today I better do it now.

Thanks for visiting with me today....
~~Peggy Lee

18 comments:

Vickie Niggemann said...

Krispy Kreme! Yes, very dangerous! The stitching looks great. :) I now have that hymn in my mind. :)

Natasha said...

yes Krispy Kream is a dangerous place. We don't have one near by thankfully LOL

Dont you just LOVE your new silks?? Even though they are very pricey they are so great to stitch with, they are like BUTTER.

Have a great day!

shazzump said...

sounds like your day was fun. I've been to the coke museum and the aquarium myself. :) was almost 20 years ago but i still got pics of both. those are some gorgeous threads.

cucki said...

sound like a fun day..
beautiful stitching and lovely threads..
hugs for you
cucki xx

pam said...

The Aquarium in Chattanooga is my favorite. We see them often when we travel and it remains my favorite.

Silks Glorious Silks

marly said...

Aren't aquariums cool? My projects are still 28 over two so imagine how big THAT would be! I don't drink any sodas but that pineapple coconut sounds good. In anything!

Shirlee said...

What a fun day! And Krispy Kreme ... yum! John just walked by & saw the NAVY hat Masterchief is wearing & wonders if he is a fellow Navy man? Blessings, Shirlee

LoriU said...

OMG those silk colors are YUMMY looking! I have never bought silks but might have to now!!

Catherine said...

Sounds like you had a good weekend! Oh my gawrsh! I can't believe you have never been to a Krispy Kreme!!! Was the Hot Now sign on? Love your over one version!

SharoninStLouis said...

So glad that you are enjoying your time in Atlanta. You visited three of my favorite things to see when we visit our son and daughter-in-law. If you want some more recommendations, please let me know. Sharon at heisel dot org

Love your stitching projects and congrats on switching out your threads. That really makes your project your own.

Faye said...

You go girl...Dropped a little dough on that Belle Soie, didn't ya?....Money well spent! I love the way they pull through the linen.. And, bless you for stitching over one...When you get to be MY age, you'll be glad you did it with those young eyes!!lol, too pretty for sure!

Take care and have fun in Hotlanta!! Faye

Thoeria said...

Oh those silks are yummy scrummy.....and the donuts too :) The pineapple one you mentioned - my kids love it! Had no idea they only made it for us lil folks here

Mouse said...

ooooo love the coco cola bottles and the aquarium I just love going to them :)
coooo those silks are fab and love your other goodies too .... *drool ;)
and I am sure a few bites of kreme wouldn't have needed you to exercise till your toes hurt ????....
ohhh and lovely stitching too heheheh
love mouse xxxx

Justflo said...

Looks like you had a good time. Yummy visits you had.

Lovely stitching gorgeous silks, I like your buttons.

Chris said...

What a wonderful weekend! I love days like that.
The new stash is lovely.

Bekca said...

You've never been to Krispy Kreme?! I just can't believe it! We've got one in our local town and it's fun picking which flavour to try.
I love seeing your photos from all the sight seeing you're doing, I'm so nosey. Great stitching progress too, best wishes.

Penny said...

I'm kind of glad that Krispy Kreme moved out of my area. :)
Your stitching is looking lovely! Love all of the stitchy things you picked up. Those threads are a little expensive, but so pretty. :)

P.J. said...

Krispy Kreme is a bad, bad place. We had one in Wichita, they've not up here in Maine, thank goodness. But we do have Tim Horton's, love TH coffee. Timmies is the best, better than Dunkins. Anyway, glad you all got to enjoy some site seeing together. Speaking of weekends, looking forward to the three day weekend coming up, some serious stitching to be had.