Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Stitches from Georgia

Oh my goodness....
have I missed you!!

The internet here at the hotel we are staying in has been on the fritz.  Just when I think I am ready to do a blog post..kapoweee!  NO INTERNET!!  I think they finally have it fixed to where I don't have to worry about it going out mid post.

This has also meant that I have not been able to keep up with your blogs.  It would take me almost forever to catch up again so I think I will be starting fresh from today.  I'm so sorry if I missed something on your blogs and I will try to catch up.  

I have lots of pictures (because I haven't been able to post in a while) so here goes....


We ordered Chinese delivery on our first night here and this was my fortune.....

 Masterchief's fortune was something weird, as they usually are.  I don't know if traveling south has brought me unexpected happiness or not.  I wasn't unhappy to begin with. 

I have been doing some stitching while sitting here in the hotel room during the day.  I could take Masterchief to work and use the car but I'm still trying to scrape my chin up off the floor.  You wouldn't believe how people drive here!  No...I mean...REALLY.  My friend I do NOT exaggerate!  Not only do they whip in and out of traffic, cut you off, blow their horn when you get in their way,etc...but they are on their phone or texting while doing it!  I will never understand why people get in such a hurry.  I will also never understand why they text while driving. That scares me half to death. 

Here are a few pictures of what I've been up to.....

I saw this one on a blog and knew right away I had to stitch it.  I started on it right away and finished it just a day or so ago.  I don't know how I will finish it.  Instead of putting one of those diamond shapes in the very middle like the chart called for I put my initials in there. 


I am very close to finishing Eliza Evans.  I just have to finish the border.  Her name and year were stitched over one and let me tell you, that was difficult!  


I have also started Great Is Thy Faithfulness by My Big Toe Designs but don't have a picture of it handy right now. 

I found one of the cross stitch shops some of you recommended and last Friday Masterchief drove me there after he got back from work.  I didn't call first.  It was Friday after all. What cross stitch shop isn't open on Friday, right?  Wrong.  We fought through this maddening Georgia traffic (even worse on a Friday afternoon)  finally arriving where our navigator told us to go.  
I was so excited!  Masterchief stayed back by the car and took a picture of me heading for the store.

I stood by the door for this one.....
.....ready to open the door......but it wouldn't open!  Then I saw that little sign that was taped up on the door saying they are not open on Friday's right now.  Oh how frustrating!  So we went back the next day and I enhanced my stash of threads quite a bit.
All of these are WDW threads except for three Belle Soie silks.  I knew silks were more expensive but OH MY!!  They are over $7 each!  

The next day we went in search of WIP bags.  I had purchased two of them while in TN at Target so we found two Target's here but couldn't find the bags. Finally someone suggested we visit The Container Store.  I have never been to one of these before so I was skeptical at first but I found them and they were very reasonable.  
I bought several of them so now I can have several WIP's in my basket!  

We found the local mall here.  It was mostly high-end stores.  Way too expensive for my taste but I managed to find a couple things.

These are linen napkins but I think I will probably stitch something on them.  

This hotel puts out a very nice breakfast every morning and also offers dinner three nights a week.  Every morning I do my exercises either in the room (Leslie Sansone DVD's) or I go down to the fitness room and use the machines.  Then I take some of this up to my room to enjoy....
 I could get used to this! 



 

We don't see buildings like this at home.....

They are so beautiful when the sun is shining on them and the sky is so blue. 

Masterchief  grabbed the camera while I was stitching on Eliza the other night.  That over one on 40 count was making me cross eyed!

Here you see my recent addiction: almond M&M's.   

Well I must get going.  I think I will take a walk today.  The weather here has been very nice but it is to be cooler this week.  I don't think I have ever seen Azalea's in February before!  



Thanks for visiting with me and I do hope to get caught up on my blog reading today!

~~Peggy Lee


20 comments:

Autumn said...

I love EVERYTHING in this post...except the traffic. ugh

I see your breakfast as something I'd choose and almonds with milk chocolate...I am SO there!

Enjoy your stitching!

Mouse said...

ooooo |I am with you on the traffic girl ... there are laws over here that you are not allowed to be on the phone or texting while driving ...
love all the stitching updates drooling over all of them ...
almond m n m's sheesh ... waaahhh we don't have them
love the breakfast too ...
and way to go on the stash enhancements ... we pay converted to you over $9.00 dollars for the belle soie so think your self lucky hahahahah
glad you are having a lovely time :)
love mouse xxxx

Shirlee said...

It looks like you are having a good time, finding some great stash additions, & getting some stitching done as well! Blessings, Shirlee

cucki said...

such a sweet post..looks like you are having lots of fun..
very sweet stitching..lovely stash :)
big hugs xxx

Cath said...

Good to see you again .
Great pics , love the stash , and those building pics are great . With the reflections ,they almost blend into the sky. I'd be there all day snapping away ,lol.
Almond M&Ms ?!!! I hope they send them over here , I love the peanut ones.
What is that lovely design that you finished ? It's so pretty .
Take care .

marly said...

I love seeing city buildings like that, but I wouldn't be able to drive! I'm white knuckled since my accident. Nice threads. Sounds like you're having a nice time!

dixiesamplar said...

Awesome post, Peggy Lee...your finish and WIP are lovely!! Those napkins will be great stitched up with a monogram or something small and dainty, won't they? Have fun with them...

I feel for you trying to drive in Atlanta...you really have to be an aggressive driver to not get plowed over up there...or have a REALLY BIG vehicle, LOL!

You guys need to visit the Aquarium and Coke Museum downtown...it is pretty awesome! And there is a Johnny Rocket's diner right around the corner...yummy!!

Hope you find some time to go visit Terrie and the girls at The Stitch Shop; they are in Buford...a little bit of a drive from downtown Atlanta, but not any farther than Abecedarius was...and there is a quilt shop right behind the stitch shop...so it's a two-for-one deal :o)

Wish I had time to drive up for the day, but school is kicking my butt right now...hope you enjoy your visit, and stay safe!

Dana Baker said...

I would be very intimidated by the traffic there as well. Cell phones in cars scare me, nothing is that important that you can't pull into a parking lot somewhere and talk or text if you must.
I love those project bags, I didn't know you could get them at Target, I will have to check our Target and see if they have them. I get them at my needlework store but I wonder if they are cheaper elsewhere? I wish we had a Container store, LOVE it, I have to go to my mom's in Ohio to shop there.
You are making great progress on your stitching,so pretty, I love the color variation in the first one. That over one is a pain!

Vickie Niggemann said...

Great post Peggy. I like how you added your initials in the center. :)

LoriU said...

OMG THE CONTAINER STORE!!! I love that store! Have only been in it once, several years back in Columbus but never forgot it!

The fruit looks yummy too! I have some Leslie Sansone DVD's too. I really like her workouts.

The Inspired Stitcher said...

I love seeing your pictures today. I'm glad you were able to find the shop and it looks like you had a good visit. I know what you mean about crazy drivers. We were just talking about that in the office this morning. LOL! By the way, I tried the PB Cheerios. I totally get it now!

Bekca said...

WOW! Almond M&Ms!! I don't think we get those here in the UK, you are one lucky lady Peggy Lee.
Thank you for sharing all your wonderful WIP pics, it won't be too long before Eliza Evans is all finished up. Great stash enhancement too, I can't wait to see what you decide to stitch with those lovely silks.
Be careful on those roads, they do sound very scary.
Best wishes.

CalamityJr said...

Great post - thanks for sharing!

Catherine said...

Interesting fortune! Maybe you should buy a lottery ticket! Your projects look great and look at those new goodies!!
Can't wait for your visit up my way!

Deb said...

What a bummer about driving through that traffic to find that the store was closed. So glad that you were able to make it the next day though. You did well on the thread enhancement, and I'll have to try that store for those bags. I could really use some.

Courtney said...

your blog has quickly become one of my favorites! I love your updates, and I LOVE your stash enhancements!!

Where in Target did you find those zippy bags?? Also...Container Store is one of my FAVORITE stores...I could spend HOURS in there. Unfortunately I am only able to visit one when I am in Texas visiting my mom, and I think they'd frown upon me dragging closet organizers onto an airplane...

jonette said...

Glad you are back. I had gotten worried especially since your last post was titled Final Thoughts.... My aunt lived in Atlanta and you are right about the traffic, it is a nightmare. Happy Stitching!

MoonBeam said...

Sounds like the fortune was written by the GA Chamber of Commerce. Love your Eliza Evans...I am recently drawn to those simple, stark samplers but haven't stitched one.

Closed on Friday? Belle Soie is worth the $$!

Have fun.

Bobbi

Kaisievic said...

Sounds like so much fun, glad that you are getting lots of stitching done.

hugs, Kaye xoxox

Blu said...

Sounds like a fun trip! Who is that design in the second photo by? (The one that looks like a heart. It's very pretty)

Those builiding are really cool!