Friday, February 24, 2012

Seems like forever.....

....since I posted here last!  With all our traveling I really haven't had a moment to put together a post.  I also haven't read or commented on ANY of your blogs.  I feel awful about that!  I wanted to play catch-up the other day but when I saw how many new posts there are I started to feel faint.

Since arriving home on Tuesday I have been unpacking and packing.  Yes, you read that right.  It's a job I detest every time we have to go away to work.  Not only do I have to unpack from our time in Georgia but I have to start gathering what we will be taking to New Jersey in a few weeks when we go there for the Spring outage.  It makes my head spin so I don't really have any mental fortitude left to read/comment/post.  I'm finally caught up on the laundry and I have rooted through the "outage" bin so I'm seizing the moment!

We heard that Winter was to arrive in our neck of the woods so instead of driving back home when we were finished in Georgia, we pointed the car south and headed to Florida.  Ft. Walton Beach to be exact.


I took my shoes off long enough to dip my tootsies in the water and put them right back on.  It was cold at first but really not too bad.  The sun was so warm.  I actually left there with a little bit of sunburn on my neck!

We walked out to the end of a fishing pier....


....then we walked to The Crab Trap for dinner....

The calamari was delicious!





I don't really have much to show for progress on anything stitch related.  I worked on Guardian a little bit on the way home from Florida but didn't get too far.  I can't stitch when the roads are the least bit rough and I usually end up sleeping a good portion on the way home.  I am just like a baby....when you put me in the car I go to sleep quick!  Here's the scary part: it doesn't matter if I'm the driver or the passenger!  Needless to say, Masterchief does ALL the driving when we travel.

I promise to do some serious blog browsing in the next couple days.  It won't be long before I will be absent from blogland while I am working.  That is always a hard time when I'm away like that but all my bloggy friends have always been very understanding about it.  You're THE BESTEST!!  

I hope to have some progress to show next time.

Thanks for stopping by and thank you all so much for your comments.  I love reading them....now I must get busy and leave some comments for YOU!

So glad to be home,
~~Peggy Lee

18 comments:

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

as long as you are with the one you love it really doesn't matter how much stitching you get in. I kinda wish Ft.Walton was closer to ON than it is coz it just isn't the same taking your shoes off to go out in the snow on a sunny day
Be always in stitches.

Carmen Sutton said...

Thanks for the comment, looks like you all had a great time at the beach. I'm checking out blogs waiting on people to make in to town for market! Time sure does move slow when your waiting on someone. I do not envy you the packing thing, I'm sure that I would forget the one thing that I would really need. Talk with you soon. Hi to Masterchief.

Autumn said...

Looks like you were having fun and that's WONDERFUL!

cucki said...

very beautiful pictures..looks like you are having so much fun..
big hugs cucki xx

The Inspired Stitcher said...

I'm glad you two got to go south for a bit before heading home. That ocean looks lovely even if it was chilly. There's just something about that sound! Have a great weekend my friend.

P.J. said...

Glad you got some southern sunshine in before heading back off to a job assignment. I saw a cabinet today at an antique mall, made me think of you. Gonna take the hubby over to see tomorrow. It's perfect for my stitch room; tall, narrow and simple. If I get it I will post a pick on my blog.

Keep on stitching. P.J.

dixiesamplar said...

Well dang girl, Fort Walton Beach is even closer to me than Atlanta was; and my sister lives there...too bad we couldn't have met up somewhere...actually, we have eaten at the Crab Trap, LOL!! So glad you had the opportunity to head south for a bit of warmer weather :o)

I'll catch you the next time you're in the area :o) Glad you enjoyed your shop visit with Terrie and the gang too.

Mouse said...

oooo sun, beach and toe dipping :)wonderful :)
glad you got back safely and that you don't do the driving on long journeys .... ps decided almond ones are just the greatest ;) love mouse xxxx

marly said...

Glad you made it home safely!

Dana Baker said...

You lucky girl getting to dip your toes in the surf! I was in Oregon a few weeks back and I am still not caught up reading my favorite blogs.
I thought of you today while I was in Walmart I saw your favorite new snack, PB cheerios! Enjoy your weekend at home!

Penny said...

The beach looks wonderful! About this time of year I begin to get antsy for the warmth of the sun. :) The dinner looks delicious. It's so nice that you got in a little fun time. :)

Catherine said...

Looks like a fun time in FL! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

Shirlee said...

Welcome back! So glad you had such a nice time while you were away : ) Blessings, Shirlee

Sherry said...

So you go to another outage shortly? DH has one coming up soon. Going to Florida sounds like fun!

Daffycat said...

An overloaded reader? Ha, I've been there too. Just mark 'em all read and move on!

Natasha said...

Ahhhh look at that beautiful blue water and white sands. I just LOVE that area. Makes me want to head to the beach right this minute. Hopefully you have a relaxing weekend! Take Care friend

Sweet Sue said...

Oh Man does that Fla weather look heavenly. I'm getting an itch to get in the car and drive south with no destination plans, just follow my nose:) I showed DH your calamari... then of course we went out the door for some:) xoxo

Bekca said...

The Crab Trap is a great name for a restaurant! Your meal looks delicious :) I'm glad to hear you're enjoying being back home and I look forward to seeing what's been stitching. Check out my blog for a post featuring a rather lovely and generous lady :)
Best wishes.