Saturday, February 11, 2012

New Friends!

I am still all giggly from such an exciting day!
Let me share it with you......

I was pointed in the direction of The Stitch Store in Buford Georgia by Terri at Dixie Sampler and I was growing more and more excited all week just waiting for Saturday to come.  Masterchief asked me on the way there if I would mind terribly if he dropped me off at the store and left me there while he drives around looking for a car wash.  
Are you kidding?
Do I MIND??
Silly man!

:o) 

I walked in to see a group of ladies all seated around a table chatting and stitching.  I walked around the table to see what everyone was working on.  I must say they all are incredibly talented and I marveled at each of their WIP's. 

That's Jeanne at this end of the table and Terri, the shop owner sits at the far end.


Then Jeanne presented me with a gift from all of the ladies...


Well I was flabbergasted to say the least!  They all had been warned that I was coming to visit. 


I couldn't have guessed what it was but I knew once I opened it that someone has been following my blog!


Peanut butter Cheerios!  
I didn't make it very far down the road before I got in to them.  What am I going to do if they ever stop making these?  I don't want to think about it. Thank you ladies!

Jeanne helped me pick out some silks that I needed for a couple charts.  She was so nice to help me choose just the right colors and I am so grateful for her input.  Hold on to your knickers friends....I picked different threads than what the chart suggested!  I'm getting braver by the stitch. 

After that, Jeanne showed me where everything was in the shop and then left me on my own to drool on browse through everything. 




Well you can tell who was behind the camera because I'm in EVERY picture he took.  

Masterchief arrived back at the shop just in time...

I love the look on his face when he hands Jeanne his credit card!

I made myself comfortable while Masterchief recovered....


Jeanne and Terri and all the girls were so very sweet and made me feel like one of the gang.

Thank you girls!  I am so happy to have met you and hope to cross paths with you again sometime soon.




After we left the shop we went to the Coca-Cola museum.  Tomorrow we go to the aquarium.  
That's another post.

Well aren't I the goof!  I just realized that I didn't show you a single picture of what I bought there.  I picked up a couple charts and LOTS of Belle Soie silks.  That really drove the bill up....you know how expensive they are, but oh so worth it!  I'll take a couple pictures of the new stash and post them soon. 

Hope you all are having a very stitchy weekend!
~~Peggy Lee  {still giggling}

33 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Hi Peggy, what a really successful shopping trip you had. Always great when you can get DH to pay as well.

hugs, Kaye xoxox

Lee said...

Awesome post! I loved reading all about your adventure in Georgia. And because you've shared it, it looks like I'll have a shop on my map when we head to Georgia in April....

Jan said...

Awesome! They sure were ready for you, Miss Peggy Lee!!! Glad you enjoyed yourself, I saw a particular chart in your hand, that I am not at all surprised was there!! And good for you, changing fibers, you go, GF!!!

I am off to stitch, so I can have something to share on MY blog one of these days! In the meantime, I have posted an update to my blogoversary giveaway!

xxxx

Tina said...

Looks like a fun day to me...can't wait to see what you bought :)

MoonBeam said...

Oh, dear...your PB Cheerio obsession is known world wide!
Too funny. Someone was really on the ball.

Can't wait to see your new stash items. Have a great second half of the weekend.

Bobbi

Natasha said...

Yes, those PB cheerios are catching on. I ran out now Im on the hunt.

What a lovely day you had, there is nothing like hanging out with fellow stitchers.

shazzump said...

:) sounds like a great shop, congrats on a good find.

Mrs. GraceWorks said...

Oh how fun! It looks like you had a wonderful day!! Are you going to start your new charts right away? Can't wait to see!!

Shirlee said...

What an absolutely delightful post! I was probably nearly as excited reading about your visit to the shop as you were experiencing it! Blessings, Shirlee

natalyK said...

Sounds like a perfect day! Oh by the way, I want to thank you for my latest addiction, PB Cheerios. Just can't stop!!!

Carmen Sutton said...

Looks like you had a great time and met lots of great ladies! Truly amazing what friends you can meet through ones blog!

Sweet Sue said...

Wow, what a super day, shop sounds great and all the ladies look so friendly and happy to have you join them! Glad you enjoyed:)

Myra said...

LOL I love that they got you your Cheerios! Looks like you had a great time and I wanna see that stash.

Nancy said...

What a surprise to receive a gift on your first visit to the shop and a perfect gift at that! lol So glad MC arrived just in time to cover the bill! Glad you had a good time visiting and sight-seeing!

marly said...

How sweet! My husband could have washed the car, got gas, picked up groceries, and played 9 holes and I still wouldn't have been ready to pick up. You're having some fun girl!

Linda K's Creativity Works said...

Awwww that was so nice of them to give you a present and that you got what you have been wanting...that place looks like a really nice place to shop...wow....I wouldn't mind going there for a visit. I am so glad that you really enjoyed yourselves and that it was great that your husband paid for your stash. What a treat. Enjoy your new Stash and make sure that you post lots of pictures of your stash.

Vickie Niggemann said...

Hooray! What fun. I look forward to tomorrow's pictures.

Carol said...

Ha ha--love the gift of the PB Cheerios, Peggy!! Your love of them is known far and wide :)

Looks like a lovely group of new stitching friends--what a fun day for you all!

cucki said...

aww fun photos..looks like you having great time..
sending you hugs xx

Cathy Pavlovich said...

It was great to meet you at the Stitch Store yesterday, Peggy! Wish you could have sat down and stitched with us!
Cathy

Teresa said...

What a wonderful day, so glad you had fun.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

What a clever surprise gift, and tastey too.
Glad you had a fun time and the Master used his card... Cheers to him! Enjoy your purchases and I can't wait to see the post of the new stash.
Be always in stitches.

Loraine said...

What a fun post! I think that Cheerios should make you their official sponsor. LOL. I have never tried them, but I love peanut butter, so I guess I better give them a go.
It looks like a wonderful day! What a good husband you have to make it so special. Can't wait to see your stash. :)

Cathy Pavlovich said...

It was great meeting you! Wish you could have sat and stitched with us!
Cathy

Thoeria said...

Sounds like the best way to spend some time :) Your peanut butter cheerios sound yummy....pity we don't get them here....only the plain ones!

valerie said...

Sounds like a fantastic time! And how nice that they found a box of PB Cherios for you!

Chris said...

What a wonderful day you had!! It looks like it was a blast!

Dirty Martini Queen said...

I'm so glad that you decided to stop by and see Terri. I told ya that the store was heavenly and the gals there made it even better. Did you get to meet Joey the Cat? First time, I met Joey, he escaped out the door when I walked in so I'm very careful when I enter the shop now. Enjoy the rest of your stay here in Georgia

Catherine's Sewing Corner said...

What a lovely day you seem to have had and the present! They all look so friendly
x catherine

Bekca said...

It looks like you had a really fun day out. I look forward to seeing your latest stash enhancement. Coca Cola museum? Now that's something I've got to see! Best wishes.

The Inspired Stitcher said...

I'm so glad you are having a ball down there. It looks like a great visit to a wonderful shop! I'm adding it to my list of "must visit someday." Can't wait to see your new stash! You go girl!!!

Catherine said...

Great day! Too funny about the Cheerios!! Guess you are famous for that addiction!

Suzanne said...

What a fun day out!