Friday, January 20, 2012

A Winner and a Surprise for ME!!

It's Friday...it's Friday!  That means garbage day for us. It's pretty sad when you remember what day of the week it is by when the garbage man comes.

Well let's get to it.  Last night I wrote all the names of you folks who asked to be entered in the drawing, folded them up, put them in a bowl and asked Masterchief to pick one.  I could have used one of those random generator things but this way is more "home made".






IT'S LORI U FROM LORI'S RAMBLINGS



Lori please email me with your mailing address and I will get your winnings out to you very soon.  

What did she win, you ask?  Well I wish I could tell you.  Oh no really I have been collecting a few things here and there but just haven't gotten them together to take a picture.  I will be sure to do that before I send it to Lori.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had a Dr.'s appt. yesterday so while I was in town I ran around to some antique/peddler's mall shops.  I picked up a few things but will post about it possibly tomorrow because I am BUSTING (or is that BURSTING??) with something to share with you!

While I was running around Masterchief called my cell to tell me I had a package here from the other side of the pond. I knew right away who it was from because she gave me a squeak that I should be looking for the Postie.  I'll bet you know who it is!

That's right....Mouse from Tales of a Stitching Mouse sent me a most darling little cross stitched giftie.  


Can you tell I'm excited?









Mouse wrote in the card that she bought the chart with some of the gift certificate that she won during my last giveaway!  Wasn't that sweet?



I just love it Mouse!  It was so very sweet of you to send this to me and I will always keep it among my most cherish stitchy possessions. You are such a dear.

That's it for today friends, I MUST go exercise before I give in and say I won't do it today.  I hope you all have a warm and comfy weekend wherever you are.  I have been reading where some of you got quite a bit of snow and even have been suffering through power outages (Heartstring Samplery).  I wish I could send some hot chocolate and cookies to you (even though I know Beth just wishes she could take a shower).  Poor thing.

I will post again very soon about my peddler's mall finds.

~~Peggy Lee

23 comments:

Autumn said...

Stitchy friends are just the BEST. So sweet!

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

Congratulations to everyone. Some of the most amazing people I know stitch and how wonderful it is to be able to share that with them.
Be always in stitches.

Lee said...

How sweet! And hey - speaking of cookies, my husband LOVED the chocolate chip cookies. He said they were perfect, and that's high praise from a chocolate chip cookie connoisseur! My plan to eat two and freeze the rest didn't quite pan out. Once I realized that I was eating cookies for breakfast, lunch and dinner, I boxed them up (after saving a couple for Dave) and took them to the auto body shop where I work part time...where they VANISHED. Thanks for sharing such a great recipe!

Edgar said...

Congrats to Lori - and that's a super cute little pyn pillow!!

Charlene ♥ SC said...

Congrats to one and all!

Shirlee said...

What a lovely gift! Blessings, Shirlee

dixiesamplar said...

Congrats Lori! And special congrats to you, Peggy Lee; what a lovely package from Mouse...and yes, she is such a sweetheart!

Can't wait to see your shopping finds...

Catherine said...

Congrats to Lori!! I know from experience that you'll put together a great package! Will MC be including the BBQ sauce, or have you banned it?

Ooonhh...love the look on your face when opening Mouses's gift!! What a sweet pinpillow!!

Can't wait to see what you found this time!!

Bekca said...

Congratulations to Lori! And what a gorgeous gift you've received Peggy Lee, that pillow is so sweet.
I can't wait to see your latest finds, I've had some bargains myself recently.
Best wishes.

cucki said...

congratuations to lori..
what a sweet gift you received..the pillow is so cute..
love cucki xx

Nancy said...

Congrats to Lori! What a cute little pyn cushion! Mouse was so sweet to make that for you!

Catherine's Sewing Corner said...

That was a lovely surprise gift for you.
x catherine

Bertie said...

Lovely gift, always a winner when you receive handmade gifts:))
Your sampler is beautiful, love the scissors too!
Have a good weekend:)

BeckySC said...

Lovely giftie from that sweet mouse :)
Enjoy your weekend!

valerie said...

Congratulations to Lori! And what a fantastic package from Mouse! Happy weekend...

Deborah said...

Congrats to Lori! Your gift from Mouse is lovely.

Mouse said...

awww I knew you had got it as I heard the squeak from over here ...lol .... so glad you love it :) love mouse xxxx
ps well done to Lori tooo :)

Gabi said...

What a darling gift you got from Mouse. Just lovely.
Congrats to Lori :)

P.J. said...

What a sweet gift. Congrats to Lori as well. Can't wait to see what you found at the peddler's mall. I am about due for a trip to one of the local antique malls.

Carol said...

Congratulations to Lori!! And what a darling gift from that sweet Mouse--I love how thrilled you look to receive it, too, Peggy... The kindness of stitchers is so heartwarming, isn't it?

Chris said...

Yea! Mail!
What a wonderful surprise from Mouse.

Mindi said...

Mouse sent you an adorable pin pillow, and congratulations to Lori.

I'm curious about your finds from the peddler's mall.

Suzanne said...

Pretty gift!