Monday, January 23, 2012

Windy,windy Monday

Good Monday morning to you friends!  I wouldn't want to have to worry about a hair-do on a day like today.  It's nasty ~~WINDY~~ out there!  We had a gust of over 45 mph overnight. Masterchief is a weather nut so he was up monitoring the situation, keeping me safe while I snored and drooled my way in to dreamy land. He played such the hero that I thought I should reward his chivalry with....COOKIES!

Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal Raisin 

Snickerdoodles

Of course I had to have my coffee from the Keurig my Masterchief got for me recently.  If the newness of it doesn't wear off soon we are going to go broke in those cute little K-cups!  I have tried hazelnut, vanilla biscotti, butter toffee and several of the other types of regular coffee.  I like the Donut Shop kind too.
I was enjoying a cup of vanilla biscotti this morning at the big girl computer before the sun came up and I slopped a little on the keyboard because I didn't turn the light on and, well.......I can be a real slob at times!  Shhh...don't tell Masterchief.  If the keyboard shorts out, I know nothing!

It's been a while since I've shared any pictures of my little muffin of a grandson.  He's so "stinkin' cute" as his momma says.  I tend to agree.


So sweet an innocent 

WILD CHILD!!




His mommy says he liked playing out in the snow.  This is the first time he's been able to use his snowsuit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have slowly been working on my stash cabinets.  I have so much to go through yet but it's coming along. It's like Christmas when I root something out from under the bed or out of the closet because I have forgotten what I have!  The guest room is a terrible mess now though.  


I still have a big bin of fabric to go through.  Some of that will fill up the bottom shelves on the new cabinet. 

I still have to find a better way to store my threads. 

Right now I just have them on this wire hanger.  I used these miniature clothes pins to keep them from sliding all over it.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I was in TN at Carmen's house learning how to frame, I saw that she knits wool slippers too!  This woman's talents are limitless!  She was so sweet enough to offer to knit a pair for me.  So off we went to Hobby Lobby once again to pick out the wool yarn for them.  I finally got around to felting them last week.  I think I was scared to do it because I thought I might ruin them.  Here's how they look now....
I really like how they turned out and they feel so warm and comfy.  Thanks Carmen!  She also sent me home with two knitted dishcloths and a pretty tea towel which I put in to service so fast I didn't have a chance to take a picture.  

Well it was morning when I started this post!  
Thank you all so much for your encouragement in my quest to find more PB Cheerios!  I have not given up and you can rest assured that WHEN I do find them I will buy up a few boxes to store in my pantry.  Then I will be a happy girl.  :o)

Have a stitchy productive week!
~~Peggy Lee

17 comments:

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Glad you didn't blow over the rainbow with Dorothy and Toto! We had a pretty wicked storm up here last night too. Wish I was closer, I'd totally munch a few cookies with you two! Yum!

Carmen Sutton & Jean Hohulin said...

Major storm this way too. All of your things look wonderful in the two new cabinets! You did great on the slippers, if you don't like them so hairy you can always give them a hair cut.

Bertie said...

Oh those cookies, did they taste good!!
I do love your stash cabinet, love your thread hanger, brilliant!
Your little "muffin" is cute indeed:)

Denise said...

Those cookies have made me crave dessert - thanks! lol
Your cabinets - if you feel like giving us the play by play on all of your stash - I'll watch! Have an idea for your floss - photo boxes. I have all of my hand dyes on rings like you and then I lay them in the photo box. No dust that way and I love boxes.

Faye said...

hmmmm.....Those cookies are looking pretty dog-gone fantastic~~~ And, about the K-cup and the poor house...Well, I "allow" myself one a day, then I go to loose coffee packed in the filter you can buy...That way, I get the best of both worlds and my fill of java... I mean why spend a "Belle Soie" a day on K-cups, when you don't have to..right?

Enjoy, Faye PS: Your lil Punkin is just tooo cute!

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

Wind and Rain here with one of the prettiest rainbows that really didn't last to long but pretty non the less. Your cupboards are filling up nicely and What else can you say about that little Cutie Patootie.
Be always in stitches.
ps, I looked for PB Cherios this weekend. lol

Kellie said...

Enough with the storms...I am ready for some snow. And snow days. :) Your grandson is such a little cutie!
Love your stash cabinet and your felted slippers. If you find a good way to store your thread, let me know. I am looking for a different method myself. Right now I have them in the little floss away bags, which I like, and alphabetized on rings... which would be fine except I can't find rings big enough to hold my ever growing stash. :)

cucki said...

yummy cookies..
your stash cupboard is looking so beautiful..
your little baby is so cuteeee..
kisses xxx
take care dear xxx

Deborah said...

Those cookies look so yummy! While I was perusing you new cabinet I spied all the fabulous fabric. I love the fact that you see everything that you have. Liam is so cute!

MoonBeam said...

The pix of the little guy in his snowsuit are adorable!

I like my Keurig because I don't drink coffee and with that my guests can have their favorite variety with no muss, no fuss. I guess it does get expensive if you drink a lot. I like Faye's comment about the Belle Soie!

I skipped past the cookie pix (WW). I see that the Hungry Girl site is talking about you PB Cheerios and has published a points value. Safe...if I don't like them so much that I crave them. Might have to try a box.

Bobbi

Bridgette Friedman said...

Wiping drool from my chin.....Those oatmeal cookies look so delicious. Grandson is a cutie and the cabinets make me drool "almost" as much as the cookies....but just almost

P.J. said...

Peggy, Peggy... I finally found PB Cheerios in Maine. I have been looking at the Walmart, the Shop n Save and Hannafords. Found them at Target when we took Syd to Portland yesterday. We stopped in to get her a mini body wash, deodorant and toothpaste. I have had her on the hunt too. You know she was bumming that we found them on her last night before shipping out. You know I will be sending her a box in her first care package at A-school. I could not wait to tell you. Glad you mentioned it in your post. Love you organizing and THOSE slippers, great color combo.

Meari said...

Your DGS is indeed so stinkin cute! ☺

Love your new stash cabinet. It's always fun "rooting" isn't it?

Meari said...

Oh, P.S. The cookies look scrumtious. My boss has THREE of those Kurig machines... He loves them!

Catherine said...

Cookies and Keurig ~ yum!
Cutie~patootie of a grandson ~ priceless!
Your new cabinets ~ I need something like that too!
And those slippers ~ look so warm and comfy!

Natasha said...

I cant get over how big your grandbaby is already!! WOW!. Have to say I love your cabinets. I have been on the hunt for cabinets for our home a nice old pie safe would be awesome...

Take Care

Suzanne said...

Yum, those cookies look great and by the sounds a most deserved reward.

I can't believe how quickly your grandson has grown, he is so gorgeous.