Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Overwhelmed...

This cabinet organization thing is really whoopin' my behind!  I didn't know I had all this stuff.  I stand back and look at the piles and want to put it ALL in the cupboards but I'm sure it won't fit.

I have to go through all this yet!  I will admit it has been fun at times.  Especially when I find something I forgot I had.  Yesterday I found a bunch of old hankerchiefs that were Masterchief's grandmother's.




I think this lace hankerchief is my favorite.....

I also found these two beaded purses that belonged to his grandmother...


Oh and lookie here......this old cheese box fits my spools of ribbon perfectly....



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I like to collect old sewing baskets.


I especially like to find them with some vintage sewing supplies inside. 
Here is a picture of one I bought that didn't have anything inside but it sure looks old.....



I was sweetly surprised when I opened this one.....



Twenty years ago I helped my son make a Valentine's Day decoration to hang from the ceiling in his kindergarten class.  We glued cut out hearts of all colors onto a large heart. In the center was the one with our names and the year.  I grew straw flowers in my garden that year and here they are looking just as they did 20 years ago!  It really doesn't seem like that long ago.

*sigh*


HEY...wait just an old wrinkled minute here!  I am the mother of a big hairy man that will be 26 this year???

*UGGHHHH*

Is 4pm too early for a glass of wine?  A nice, tall glass of wine?
Oh well, I am a grandmother after all.  I can't complain.  I suppose if I am old enough to be a grandmother then it's probably a good thing that my son is 26.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I can't end this post without reporting some VERY good news!

I FOUND ONE, SINGLE SOLITARY BOX OF CHEERIOS AT WALMART YESTERDAY!!!
I had to stand on the bottom shelf and flop my arm around on the top shelf to reach it way back there but I got it!  That's no joke either...you should have seen it.
All is well in my world now.

Thanks for stopping by dear friends and thank you all for your comments.  I do appreciate each one. If I have not visited/commented on your blog lately it may be because there is something up with my blogger thingy.  I don't know anything about computers and I think I might have followed some of you in a different way because when some of you post it doesn't show up in my reader.  Please invite me over and I will gladly come see what you've been up to.

Take care of yourselves and each other.....
~~Peggy Lee

25 comments:

Autumn said...

I loved every signle picture. The handkerchiefs are darling.

Catherine's Sewing Corner said...

Loved looking at your photos and you have collected some lovely things. Happy sorting out
x catherine

Charlene ♥ SC said...

...and old enough to have a glass of wine any time you dern-well please! After all, all together now, "It's 5 o'clock somewhere." Enjoy seeing your goodies, old and new!

Deborah said...

Grandma had great taste. The bags and hankies are beautiful. Enjoy the wine.

robindefender said...

Too bad you don't live close to me. I'd buy you two of the boxes of peanut butter cheerios I saw at Lowes Foods yesterday and swing by with them! I'm glad you found another box.

Sweet Sue said...

Luv your sewing boxes, kerchiefs are a very special treasure:) As for your stash, stay the course-slow and steady my dear, you'll git 'er done. Thx for the sweet birthday wishes, much appreciated xoxo

Faye said...

Hit the Chardanay any ole time sweetie!!! With that mound of stash, you're gonna NEED it~~ Seriously, you ran across alot of special goodies.... Love the beaded bags!

Carol said...

Oh, I love to organize--wish I was there to help you, Peggy...

And, surprise--look what I found on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Big-Multi-Grain-Cheerios-Peanut-11-3-Ounce/dp/B005VOOOPM/ref=sr_1_1?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1327532325&sr=1-1

ENJOY :)

White Sheep Farm said...

Hi Peggy,
Well, you must be shopping in the Walmart in Somerset! I swear it would just kill them to stock their shelves ...
And don't feel bad ... Most of the time I can't leave any comments either!
Yeah! Blogger is getting better ... yeah right!
Have a great week.
Teri

Jan said...

Hey Peg..glad you were at least able to locate one bag of the delightful cheerios...:)

I love that same hanky and that beaded purse is a treasure. Glad you found a glimpse of the past, those moments are nostalgic and when you really get old, it will be a sentimental trip down memory lane! Keep it at one glass and you might just get some headway on those piles! lol

Hey, I think I have one of those Cloverbloom boxes!!! Need to look up in the attic and see for sure, what a great idea for the ribbon storage! And are those flower frogs one piece-ers?

Have a blogoversary today, so be sure and check in when you can @ Belfonte Notes!

Kaisievic said...

Good luck with the clearing up. You will get there. Lovely pics - some gorgeous items you have collected over the years. I cannot believe that the straw flowers have kept their colour all of those years.

Now, I have to ask - are cheerios biscuits? They sound like cheesy snacks to me but how do you get peanut butter ones?

hugs, Kaye xoxox

Mouse said...

whooop you found cheerios ... love those lace handkerchiefs and the beaded bags .. and mmmm hate to tell you this but I think you may need a wee bit more storage ..... *passes large glass of something good to help with the shock of having a son who was 26 and being a grandmother ..lol
happy sorting ;) love mouse xxxx

Loraine said...

Hi Peggy Lee. I found your blog yesterday, and I saw that you found mine as well. Yeah!
I hear you on that organizing thing. I recently finished doing that, and it kept me up late into the night, for a week. I found a box of those hankies too, and wondered what I should do with them. Any ideas? Love the lacy one on your chair. So pretty.
Sweet story about your son's Valentine project. Made me teary eyed! Why do they have to grow up so fast?
Love the sewing baskets and the cheese box.
Good luck with the organizing. Hope you get through it soon.

Mrs. GraceWorks said...

LOL!! I saw PB Cheerios at Target today and thought of you! Glad you found some!!

Catherine said...

Oh wow Peggy! You rediscovered some great goodies! Have you thought about using the handkerchiefs by laying them on the shelf with part hanging over the edge so you can see the pretty laces? Then you could carefully lay something on top of the part that is on the shelf - say, like those beautiful purses!?!?
Glad you found some PB Cheerios!! Just wondering ~ do PB Cheerios and wine mix well??? ;)

Myra said...

You really found some hidden treasures! (Including the Cheerios) :o)

Shirlee said...

Peggy Lee ... You should live closer to me. Our closest (& most favorite) grocery store is closing & today they started selling everything for 50% off. I didn't go down the cereal aisle but I'm going back tomorrow. If they have Peanut Butter Cherrios I'll get some for you : ) Loved seeing all your old things & some are special treasures because they are from family. Blessings, Shirlee

marly said...

I love that cheese box! And the baskets. And the beaded purses. I have a bunch of those lovely old hankies too. Glad you found your Cheerios.

Cath said...

Love seeing all your stuff ,especially the beaded bags , so pretty . The flowers and hearts are lovely too. X

cucki said...

wow you really found some lovely treasure..i love everything so much..
keep well xxx

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

hell, it's 5 o'clock here twice a day so you really don't have to beat yourself up on a time issue. Love the old baskets, all the stash and how sweet is the hearts? Awe now those are the memories which keep us young.
Be always with glass....wooops,,, in stitches

Denise said...

Grandma's don't have to be wrinkly! That was too sweet to find your son's kindergarten hearts. Where do our little boys go?

Good luck with the reorganization -- you have a lot to put away -- wish I could help. Nothing better than playing in someone else's stash!

pam said...

I am having the same trouble with blogger- when you fix it please share!

Bekca said...

Your posts always make me smile Peggy Lee, hurrah for the Cheerios! Those handkerchiefs are beautiful, any idea what you're going to do with them? Best wishes.

Suzanne said...

Such pretty treasures you have, no wonder you are having such a hard time deciding what to Putin the cupboards.

Good to hear that you found the Cheerios, now off to have a peanut butter sandwich.