Thursday, January 26, 2012

Hotel Living...Again--- and These Linens are the BOMB!!

Do you ever get your days of the week mixed up?  I'm sure that I am not alone but I would venture to guess that I take it to the extreme.  Just ask my friend Catherine.  You know it's really bad when a friend at least 10 hours away has to keep me straight on what day it is. She is more of a help to me than she knows.  In case you haven't figured it out yet, I am VERY scatterbrained.  I can't remember things from one day to the next and it helps to have a friend keep me in line.  It's a hefty job but Catherine does a good job!

On to the main reason for this post   ~~~~

Masterchief was called for a job.  This job is in Georgia.  We are going to be living out of a hotel for somewhere in the neighborhood of three weeks.  We leave Saturday morning.  The nice thing about this work trip is I don't have to work this time.  This job isn't at a nuclear power plant.  This one is at Georgia Tech.  Masterchief is a Sr. HP which makes him more in demand than me and that's quite alright with me.  I have all I can do to just do the two outages each year.  I really don't have to go with him on this job but I've never been to Georgia before and I'd like to play tourist for a bit.  So while my hubby is working I will be running around Atlanta.  Oh I don't plan on doing that every day.  What I do plan on though is spending alot of the time sitting in the hotel room stitching away.  There will be no distractions....like a floor that needs vacuumed or a spare room that needs cleaning up after somebody tore it apart looking for things to put in her new stash cabinet.  :o)
I wanted to post tonight to tell you all because I'm not sure when I will be able to post again.  I won't be on the computer much for the next couple days so I can clean the house and pack.  I can't stand leaving the house without practically Spring cleaning....it's a sickness, I don't fight it anymore....it's how I roll.


The second reason why I wanted to take the time to post tonight is to tell you about the most GORGEOUS linens I received in the mail last week.  I ordered three chunks (how do you like that term) of linen from Jan at Tree of Life Samplings. I'm sure alot of you are already familiar with Jan and her blog.  She also has another blog: Belfonte Notes.  I've been a follower of Jan's blogs for some time now but didn't realize all the talents she has!  I saw on Charlene's blog HERE where she ordered dyed linens from Jan and they looked amazing! I contacted Jan and ordered three linens myself.

 Sorry about the glare.  I'm not the worlds best picture-taker.  :o)

From left to right are Sugared Almond, Almond Creme' and Toasted Coconut.   Let me tell you that I have purchased/ordered lots of linens and these are TOP NOTCH!!  I love the way she dyes them.  They don't look blotchy or anything.  It just looks so naturally done.  Does that make sense?
Anywhoo...I encourage you to check Jan's linens out.  I see many more orders from Kentucky in the near future.

That's it for tonight my friends.  I need to get busy and pack something!  Tomorrow is going to be awfully busy for me.  You know...that Spring cleaning sickness I have.  :o(

Thank you all for your sweet comments about my cabinet organization project.  You encourage me so.
I'll be munching on PB Cheerios later tonight.
Ohhhh....I can hardly wait!

Until I can return to blogland again.......
Keep stitching and stashing!
~~Peggy Lee

23 comments:

Shirlee said...

Have a good time in Atlanta! Enjoy all the stitching time you'll have! Blessings, Shirlee

Sweet Sue said...

Safe travels to you both, yummy linens-enjoy! Don't forget to stock up on your road ready peanut butter Cheerios!!!

Lee said...

Have a great trip! And BTW, my son recommends the restaurant, Fire of Brazil. He went there for his birthday and was absolutely amazed!

Pat Matejcek said...

Have a safe trip. And don't forget your stitching. What count is the fabric it is beautiful. What size pieces did you order?

P.J. said...

Glad to hear you found you some PB Cheerios! I am jealous of the stitching time you are fixing to have. Enjoy the sites and be safe! We got our sailors address today, I had her letter already to go. I passed on Masterchief's advice and your alls well wishes. Thank you.

Nancy said...

Have a fun and safe trip! How great to have 3 weeks of major stitchy time!

Catherine said...

What are friends for? Oh, and you don't just get your days mixed up ~ you skip them all together! ;)

Those fabrics look yummy! Can't wait to see what you stitch on them!

Safe journeys to you and have fun!!

CalamityJr said...

What beautiful linens! And just think how many grocery stores you can check for more pb Cheerios!

Deborah said...

Have fun in Atlanta. I lived there for 8 yrs. There is a lot to see and the food is really good. Very diverse. Thanks for heads up on Jan's fabric. I will be checking them out.

Peggy Lee said...

Pat-I assume you don't have a blog and your comments are set to "no-reply" so I will answer your questions here:
The linens are each 1/4 yard.
Two of them are 40 count and the other is 36 count.
I am waiting for just the right pattern to use for them.

Thanks for visiting with me today!
~~Peggy Lee

Kaisievic said...

Have a wonderful time in Georgia - Atlanta will be so cool. Looking forward to seeing all of your stitchy projects when you get back.

hugs, Kaye xoxox

catherine said...

What a wonderful chance to get away for a while. I hope you have a brilliant time and lots of tourism and stitching equally.
x catherine

cucki said...

have a safe trip and lots of fun.
hugs cucki xx

Mouse said...

ooooooooooooo ... just when I get used to you being back you off hop again ... mind you I don't blame you heheheh and love those fabrics you have got tooo .. *sigh more enabling ..lol :) love mouse xxxxx

LoriU said...

Have fun in "Hot-lanta"!!

dixiesamplar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dixiesamplar said...

Be safe, but have fun! There are some AWESOME cross stitch and quilt shops in Marietta and Buford, only 30-40 minutes northwest and northeast of Atlanta...you should check them out. The cross stitch shops are wonderful; Terrie at the Stitch Store in Buford is an absolute doll; and Abecedarius in Marietta is a "Sampler Heaven"...hope you can indulge in some stitchin' goodness while you are in Atlanta...heck, I would have made plans to meet you up there, but it's my sister's birthday weekend :o)

I just placed my first order of Jan's fabbys and I am waiting with baited breath to receive them...they look sooooooo lovely!! I think I wiped out her stash of 1/8th cuts, LOL!!

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Be well and be safe on your journey. I can't wait to hear all about your adventures in Atlanta. I'm sure you'll find something fun to get into.

Natasha said...

Of course you have to enable me with beautiful fabric on my Birthday. Looks like I will be treating myself to some of that today HeHe... BTW... I found PB Cherrios at my store. Bought them and going to have some here in a bit ;)

Have fun exploring Atlanta!!

Myra said...

Enjoy your time in Georgia! We will miss you.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Those are beautiful linens!

I don't envy all that hotel living!

Bekca said...

Ooh, I hope you have fun in Georgia, it's always nice to go to a new place and explore. Those linens are beautiful! I'm using one called Fairy Dust right now and it's also a bit of a beauty. Enjoy your Cheerios!!
Best wishes.

Suzanne said...

I hope you are having a good time, hopefully you will have plenty of stitching time. Beautiful linens.