Monday, January 30, 2012

Hello from Atlanta!

We made it!  Of course Masterchief did ALL the driving.  He prefers it that way.  I haven't a clue why....*giggles*

It took about 5 1/2 hours give or take.  We stopped when we saw a sign for the Georgia Winery.  We picked up a couple bottles of flavors we liked....blackberry and something else.

We left home on Saturday thinking we would have Sunday to relax and maybe explore the area a bit but our plans quickly changed when my Masterchief remembered that he forgot some very important paperwork.  So....back to KY we drove on Sunday...and back to Georgia we came.  My butt hurt from sitting in the car all that time and I'm still sore today.

I was able to stitch a little bit on the Guardian while on the road.  This is usually something I cannot do.  It usually makes me a bit green but this piece is on a big enough count that I could see it fairly well.


When we went back to KY on Sunday I wanted to bring some threads back with me.  I couldn't decide what to bring so I brought them all!  I really don't have that many.  They all fit in a big ziploc bag on their rings.

They are doing something to the elevators here today and tomorrow.  Whatever it is...it stinks!  I had to abandon this post for a while and go outside so I could breathe. The sun is shining and it's 60 degrees out there.  The bees are out and the azalea is blooming.  I could get used to this!

I want to find a couple cross stitch shops here but it probably won't be until Saturday.  I want to let Masterchief have the car for the first week of work if I can stand it without going crazy!

I need to catch up on your blogs that I've missed during the last couple days.   Thank you all so much for the safe travel wishes.  Little did I know we would be doing it two days in a row but we made it safely.

Thank you for visiting with me today.
~~Peggy Lee

12 comments:

CalamityJr said...

Glad you're safely there - again. Hope they finish the elevator repair quickly so you can relax and stitch. Take care!

cucki said...

such lovely stitching..me loving it so much..
so happy that you are safely there..
big hugs for you cucki xxx

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Check out Abecedarius Cross Stitch Shop 2145 Roswell Road in Marietta. I went to this shop a couple of years ago and it was excellent. The shop has been in business for years

Jennifer said...

hey girl if you passed the Ga Winery highway into Atlanta, you probably went close by my homestead. Let me know when you go back and I can meet you. Did you go through Helen ga?

Nancy said...

Sorry you had to drive back home on Sunday and then back to GA, that's a long time to be sitting in the car! Glad you were able to get some stitching done! Have fun this week!

ChristyB said...

You could also try The Stitch Store...1651 Horizon Parkway, in Buford. It's a lovely little shop and the ladies are super nice! I live in KY too, btw, but have made many a trip to GA to visit family just North of Atlanta, and know that drive well!

Catherine's Sewing Corner said...

Sorry to hear you had to go back but at least you picked up your threads. Maybe now you'll be able to start and enjoy your break.
x catherine

Catherine said...

Sounds like you have received some good suggestions for some shops to check out!
Yuck on the elevator repair, but I guess you want that to work right!
Great progress in the car!

Dirty Martini Queen said...

I love The Stitch Store in Buford. Terrie and staff including hubby are so nice and I never leave with "just what I went in for" because the store is amazing!
Abecedarius isn't my store of choice but some people love her store. It's just she's either nice or just plain ignores you or is rude when you are there. And I've had many more bad days than friendly ones! I want to shop where they act like they want my business.

Mouse said...

oooo well done on the getting there twice ... that's something I would do too ...hope you find some nice shops and treat yourself to something nice ;)
well done on getting some stitching done too ... it makes me go green trying normally too ... hope they fix those elevators quick :)
love mouse xxxxx

Chris said...

Hey Peggy Lee,
I hope that you guys enjoy Atlanta and you find some great stash enhancement opportunities :)
Great progress!

The Inspired Stitcher said...

I'm glad you made it there safely...both trips! I can't imagine seeing bees and flowers right about now. I can definitely see how you could get used to that in January!