Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Eliza Progress and A New Start

Just a quick post today.  Let's not get used to Peggy Lee posting two days in a row!

*smiles*

I have been working on and off on Eliza and I'm getting close to the end.

 I only have the letters A to I to finish and then Eliza's name at the bottom. 

While I really want to finish the charts that I start, I am also itching to start many new ones.  I've caught the WIP bug!  I yearn for a basket full of unfinished projects.  What is that all about?  Am I going crazy or is this the way it's supposed to be?  

Well...that being said, I started a new one last night.  WOO-HOOOO!!!!  Hey if I'm going to do this I'm jumping in with both feet!


I am using 32 ct. Creme Brulee by R&R Reproductions.  I've substituted the threads only because I don't have the ones it calls for.  I think it will look just fine.  Here are my substitutions:

Calls for: Sampler- Black Crow I'm using: Simply Shaker- Espresso Bean
Cinnamon / TGA-Currant
Sasparillas / WDW-Pecan
Forest Glade / CC-English Ivy

I am hoping this one won't be a difficult stitch.  


Thanks for visiting today!
Hopefully next time I will have news of a FINISH!  
~~Peggy Lee




16 comments:

Ziggyeor said...

oh beautiful. I think it will look very nice. Good luck.

cucki said...

Eliza is looking so sweet..my daughter name us Alizay too but at school teachers called her Eliza :)
LOvely new start xxx

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Oh Peggy Lee, you crack me up! I know just what you mean about normally only keeping to one project at a time. These sure are pretty. I can't wait to see your finish. You are so very close!

Carmen Sutton & Jean Hohulin said...

If your looking for a basket of WIP I can led you one or two Baskets that is. Great job on your finish looks like framing will be in order!

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

look at that, all in a nice straight row.....lol. You know Peggy, once you get bitten you will itch forever. Cheers my friend.
Be always in many...

Cristina said...

I like both of them very much. Congratulations.

Mouse said...

oooooo looks lovely won't be long before a happy dance .... love your new one and the amendments look lovely :) happy stitching :)love mouse xxxxx

Meari said...

LOL... a whole basket of WIPs? There you are wishing for more, and I'm working my tushie off trying to get my old one done... hahaha

Your WIP looks really nice.

Nancy said...

Lovely stitchy progress and I love your new start! Can't wait for another update!

Shirlee said...

Both projects are great! Blessings, Shirlee

Catherine said...

Love Eliza and your new start!! I used t be a one project at a time stitcher, but that went out the window a while ago!

jennifer768 said...

Loving both projects!Hugs,Jen

Charlene ♥ SC said...

From what I can see here these look like sisters! Both lovely... Earlier today, "I love the piece I'm stitching, but yours looks like so much more fun..." Is this WIPs thing becoming contagious?

marly said...

Geez. You're moving right along! Seems everyone is on a mojo high but me!

Bekca said...

I get what you mean Peggy Lee, it would be lovely to have a whole bunch of projects on the go so you could just pick and choose as you wished. I loved the latest start, your thread colour looks pretty perfect to me.
Best wishes.

Suzanne said...

Such lovely progress on Eliza. Your new start is great. I vowed I wouldn't make any new starts until other pieces were finished and then I couldn't help myself and started two new very large designs.