Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Dieters Beware!

Did you resolve to lose a few pounds for the new year?  If you did then you oughta be glad you weren't in my kitchen today!





I found another "keeper" recipe.  These cinnamon rolls are the best!  Well, Masterchief says they are the best he's ever had and he's an old guy so that's saying something!

I got up in the morning and made the dough....jumped in the shower....then the dough was ready to roll out.  I had to give most of them to the neighbors though.  Masterchief had three of them devoured before I even got them all frosted.


HERE is the link to the recipe if you are interested.  I wish I could have sent each of you at least one of these.

Thank you so very much for your encouraging comments on my H block completion.  You just don't know how you inspire me to get busy on that thing!  I sat down a bit tonight and stitched a few I's in the next block and soon found I had to frog them all out.  UGH  After ripping and cussing (more ripping than cussing) I stabbed my needle in linen and called it a night.  Now I'm on the couch in my favorite position blog browsing. In case you need a visual.......

Yep, that's me alright.  Sitting on my end of the couch with all my junk next to me.  I have a WIP draped over the little pillow on the back of the couch, my bag of Special K crackers, my tablet where I jot notes of what to blog about, and my HP Notebook PC on my lap.  Oh and my new book is under there somewhere.
I saw this book on Carmen's shelf while there learning how to frame and instantly knew I HAD to have it!  It took me a bit to find it because it is out of print.  Some day I want to design my own sampler.

That's it for tonight friends.  I am soon to hit the sack.
Thank you BIG BUNCHES for stopping by!
~~Peggy Lee

15 comments:

Catherine said...

Oh my gosh!! You know I am gonna have to make those for my boys! Yummy!

And wow....boy, do you have a wall just waiting to be filled with pretty stitches!

Nite-nite!

Gabi said...

Your rolls looking really yummy. They type you gain already when looking at them...lol. which are the most tasty ones too.
Love the picture of you sitting on your couch. And the book is fantastic too.

Parsley said...

Tell ya what...let's meet and I'll bring The Pioneer Woman's recipe and you bring yours. We'll have a feast and decide which we like best. YUM

She's an Oklahoman too so I get some credit for cooking them...right? ;-)

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/06/cinammon_rolls_/

P.J. said...

Pics of your cinnamon rolls bring back grat memories of our neighbors in Kansas, my daughters god-mother. MJ makes the most delectable rolls, I had to bring my own coffee, but it was always a treat when I would walk over on a Saturday morning to visit and she would have rolls baking in the oven.

Sorry to hear about your frogging, I had a little ribbit at my place last night. Frogging over one is tedious! I had to whip out the thread heaven to keep my strand from looping and knotting up. Only got half of what I wanted to get done, six x forward, three x back....

Vonna said...

I sure would have loved to have three of those with Master Chef :) But that would mean probably 1 hour on the ellipitcal and I'll be honest, I'm struggling with just 30 minutes....

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Oh those rolls look so yummy! My honey loves those. Maybe I'll have to make us some.

I also love seeing you curled up in your nest. My nest looks like that too when I get settled into it. :o)

Mary said...

The cinnamon rolls look divine! They are my favorite!!

I read back several posts and I just love the framed pieces and your new antiques.

Happy New Year!

Jan said...

Oh my they look yummy! I have a serious weekness for those, is why I am not going to make them! Well maybe I will, I do have a neighbor that would be glad to help out with their disposal!LOL

Love the pic of you on the sofa, and just want to say you have some mighty fine samplers framed up and displayed from your last post! I have a couple of them kitted up! I do so love the I sewed my heart, but alas, I didn't get that one when HS was offering it. I just adore what it says, and yours is fabulous, Peggy!!

Congrats to on your wonderful progress of the Alphabet...every stitch gets you closer to a finish!!

Have a great week!

Penny said...

Since turning 50, I seem to be putting on weight without any effort at all, but it wouldn't hurt to have a roll or two or... :D
Nothing like a little frogging to deflate your stitching plans, but it usually doesn't last too long. You look very comfortable in your little spot. :)

Sharon said...

Oh so yummy!!!! I sure wish I was your best friend (AND your neighbor!!) LOL
I love your "spot". Aren't we all lucky to have our own "spots" in this world? Thanks for sharing a peek into your life (and again, those yummy rolls!!!!!) :)

Nancy said...

Oh, you have me drooling here!!! Those buns look sooooo good!!

Sorry about those frogs, don't know why they have to keep showing up uninvited!

Mindi said...

Those do not look healthy, but oh so yummy! I Pinned the recipe, and I'll have to try it.

Mary Ann said...

I was spending some time wandering through blogland tonight, and found your blog. I wanted to say hello and let you know that your stitching is beautiful(and so are those cinnamon rolls)!! : )

Suzanne said...

Oooooh, the scrolls look so yummy! Your lounge looks like mine when I am stitching. I tak up the whole 2 and a half seater with me and my stuff.

Lee said...

Vanilla pudding mix in a cinnamon roll recipe? Whoda thunk it? I'm going to have to give this a try!

Don't worry about the frogging. Some days I think I don't know how to count even to ten.